I miss Jacoby Jones...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by valleytexfan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

I loved it early on when he was a major threat on punt returns...y'all think he will ever regain that form? I sure hope so.

2. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Your making it seem like he lost something that he can never get back again! Just be patient, he's got an entire career to break plenty of long punt returns.

3. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Not to worry - his time will come. I'm betting he runs one back against Cleveland - he's about due.

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I don't want to sound like a downer or anything but his punt returns during the preseason were against other teams back up special teamers. I'm a big Jacoby fan and can't wait until he breaks one open. I thought he was gone against the Colts but that dang punter had to try and strip the ball.

It seems like he's just a bit hesitant when he catches the ball but I expect for him to break a few long.

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

IMO, he needs to get his "Happy" back and just let it fly. Probably happen in the offseason as time will fade the injury and he will just get back to playing. Very tentative right now IMO.

6. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

Has nothing to do with preseason matchups, it's about attacking the wedge. Prior to his injury, he was catching the ball and in a dead sprint, now his catching the ball and searching for a hole (and doing it slowly) very Dayne like and not getting much out of it. Not that he can't break one off there, but he seems to have changed his approach after returning from the injury. Then again, he might just be worried about limiting the head to head contact, worring about hurting that shoulder again for a few more weeks.

7. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

he does look tentative after the injury, I guess that's to be expected. I just want to see him succeed and be the firecracker he was in preseason and against Carolina and Indy...:texflag:

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Teams really don't have "back up" special teams, because most of the special teamers are already backups to begin with.

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I think so. He was close on Sunday to a big return. Hes slowly getting that swager back. And him not having to do too much on offense helps too. Good thing Davis and Walter picked it up so he concetrate on returning for now.

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

does anybody know why hes not doing kr's??... usually if a player is only doing one its only kr's because they cant reliably catch punts..

11. adam

adam Guero

He has been disappointing, but in reality; it's only because he spoiled us in the preseason which, as someone mentioned, was against back up guys. He's a rookie and just needs to learn the ropes. He needs to learn to run vertically and hard, rather than dance around after getting the ball. He'll be okay.

12. GTFan

GTFan Rookie

13. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

He does seem to be playing with a lot less aggressiveness since coming back from his injury. It's not only his punt returns either. I can't recall him even catching a ball as a WR since coming back. Maybe he has and I just don't remember, but it seemed like before they were throwing to him alot more and he was making outstanding catches and playing with a lot more fire.

Well, as they say, "time heals all wounds." I just hope he gets back to his old form soon. We need him to play like that in these last 6 games to give us a better chance to get to the playoffs. JMHO! :gotexans1

14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

JJ hears the footsteps of the punter... :worm:

15. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

He just missed breaking one against the Saints. He is fine.

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I miss the one we saw in pre-season.

17. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I'm still not convinced he was worth the pick. I'm waiting for him to do something really big outside of preseason. So far, I have not seen that flash that I've seen from Bennett and Okoye. But there is still time left for him to change my mind, so I look forward to it. What's interesting to me is how much of a depth problem the Texans had in Wide Receivers last offseason, especially when they lost Moulds. Now, it looks like receiver, like defensive line, is probably the deepest and most sound aspect of the Texans' game. If the Texans had a run game/secondary, they'd be pretty damn unstoppable.

18. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

He sees number 17 on every opposing jersey. :heh:

19. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

He is hestitating WAY too much when he gets the ball compared to earlier in the season. Being at a complete stop and flatfooted.

Marciano likes to have his guys have more of a slight forward momentum going into the catch, versus being at a complete stop, or back peddling after the catch.

Jones is due. We need to force more punts from deep in their territory.

20. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I don't know about that. He went downtown with the first touch the Houston Texans had in the Dallas game. The very first! This was in the first quarter. After we had shut them down 3 and out on their first drive. I'd think it'd be against the first teamers that early in the game.