I miss Dunta...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dwade, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

I know Kareem is a rookie...but he just sucks. Maybe he will be good in a few years, but he does not need to be starting.

Should have paid Dunta.

2. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I am sure the Texans would have won today with Dunte. Dunte can suck it.

Revolution likes this.
  3. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Naaah... Dunta wanted out. You'll never convince me otherwise.

4. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

now if we had Dunta and Kareem that would be much better than no veteran at the corner position. I can't believe the texans are going with basically two rookie corners this season with Kareem & Glover Quinn who I think has no talent to be starting in this league. Kareem Jackson is just not ready even though he has a lot of talent. The safeties are not great either so when he goes one on one he is basically on his own because our safeties are horrible in coverage.

5. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

He wanted out because he wasn't getting paid...and even a disgruntled Dunta is better than Kareem Jackson.

We need a better pass defense if we want to go far in the playoffs. That or score every possession.

6. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Since he returned from his injury he is never going to be the same.

7. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

dunta wasn't worth what he wanted.

yeah it's unfortunate that kareem is put in this position to pretty much make an immediate impact on a team with playoff aspirations but i'd rather roll with kj than overpay someone who is not worth the production they put on the field.

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  8. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'm thinking "no". Think of what you're saying. "Should have paid Dunta"? $57 million dollars? $25.5 million guaranteed money?

No way. If we were going to go out and make that kind of commitment to a CB (and I have no objection to that) we should have just sucked it up and went after Asomugha and got what we paid for. Sure it would have cost us draft picks but one of them would have been the pick we used on Kareem Jackson so right now we'd be paying top dollar for a top cornerback and owing the Raiders another 1 maybe? Possibly a 2?

I fail to see how that's a problem considering how well our current brain trust has drafted in later rounds.

But Dunta? That is for to laugh.

Mr. White likes this.

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I'm thinking more along the lines of the franchise tag here... not so much about giving him a long term contract.

10. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Are you serious? Dunte nor Jackson is going to make a world of difference on this team. The Colts played with rookies in the Superbowl last season. If Dunta did not have such a me first attiude he would have still been here and you pay based on production he was not worth the cash.

11. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Dunta is gone, and after seeing him play for Atlanta lately..........good riddence. ATL isn't exactly jumping with joy for him on their team either, read their boards.

We won 2 games, one of which was against the Colts, with Jackson. Let him go through his growing pains and become a better CB. Till then we just find a way to win. Just like we did in the first 2 games.

12. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I know we keep talking about how much our secondary sucks, etc. but I'd like to point out that Romo didn't torch us as much as Manning or McNabb. Week 1 and 2 we let up 400+ yards. Romo took us for 284. Yes, we did lose, and yes it's not ideal, but it's not like we're getting torched by David Carr or some other scrub QB. We have faced 3 fairly prolific QBs.

We should probably save the fire "insert name here" threads until we give the team a little time to get a representative sample of their performance. My feeling is that by the bye week the numbers will be more representative.

13. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

The issue with Dunta was money. I'm glad he didn't accept the huge contract we offered him and I'm glad we didn't give him the even bigger contract that Atlanta gave him. He won't be worth it and I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

14. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

The problem is on the back end of the defense with our safeties they can't cover and they are always out of position. The corners are playing bump & run coverage way to much and they don't have that type of speed and the safeties are never there to help over the top. The texans need to trade for a better free safety because Bernard Pollard is great against the run and needs help in coverage because he stinks in coverage.

15. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

We won in spite of Kareem against the Colts.

Did you not see Peyton Manning throw for over 400 yards that game?

Arian Foster won that game for us.

16. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

How about our front four not let QBs set up a camping site and use binoculars to spot holes in our coverage? C'mon this pass rush has been non-existent. Lets reserve of DB judgement until a legit pass rush or even a freaking AVERAGE one is there.

NitroGSXR likes this.
  17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I love Jackson. No doubt in my mind he will be a great corner in this league.

18. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

Dunta was the Texans best defender in the secondary and he had no help in COVERAGE from the safeties and he looked bad too so give Kareem time he is a rookie and he is playing one of the hardest positions in the NFL and is starting as a rookie and that means the safeties have to make the correct reads and help him over the top. The other is Frank Bush putting him in a bad position all the time and calling stupid plays on defense.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't miss him and his million dollars per pass defended last season. (no INTS)

20. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

....have you watched these first 3 games? I'm not impressed at all.

Also, on that last TD to Roy Williams, it looked like he gave up and stopped chasing him.