I Love That We Have never changed our Uniforms

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DeshaunTexan, May 30, 2018.

1. DeshaunTexan

DeshaunTexan Rookie

I see the Jaguars and Titans are changing their uniforms again. Fits well with their off-brand/no brand/tonedeaf organizations.

I might be along in this, but here goes.

I just have to give our organization props. We haven't been around as long as the Packers, but we have some of the best uniforms in football. Modern classics, a true sense of brand, and now that we have been around as long as we have; I am really appreciative of the tradition with the uniforms and logo that has been preserved. It's awesome to have a feel of the Packers or Yankees or teams that have never felt the need to cater and cave and change for a quick buck or silly "right now" direction.

Props to the Texans. We are building something, one small brick at a time. The uniforms, look, and logo are a part of this. I am so glad they never let Nike or anyone else get in their ear and tear it down. Seeing watson - who is about to become the best player in the league and face of football - wearing the same great uniforms we have always had is going to be special. And I think that a lot of fans are going to appreciate it someday that we have always stuck to our brand and tradition. They nailed it when we were awarded a team. They're still nailing it today. Good on you Texans.

cland, Ranger Tom and Hervoyel like this.
  2. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

I like the Texans uniform options but I was much happier when the team finally gave up on the Battle Red pants. I think the biggest uniform move the Texans could make at this time....kill the Liberty White pants for home games. Steel Blue pants should be their pants for home and away games. The all Steel Blue look at home is just so much more sinister looking. Even the Battle Red jerseys look amazing when matched with the Steel Blue pants. The Liberty White pants should be reserved for the Liberty White-Out Game exclusively.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

Texans uniforms don’t really do anything for me.

I’ve seen some cool concept uniforms that didn’t look amateurish.

Biggest issue I have with the uniforms is the lack of helmet choices.

4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The uniforms are very representative of the McNair's. (Very Conservative)

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I like conservative colors for football uniforms. Garish yellow and oranges do nothing for me. Plain old red and blue, or black and blue or whatever are just fine with me.

I would have said I like red, white and blue, but I didn't want another conversation getting started. LOL

6. OptimisticTexan

Yeah, primary "Red" only seems to work with the Chiefs scheme. Texans full "Battle Red" uniforms were deservedly referred to as the "Ketchup Bottle".

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

As a once a year thing, all white or all black I like, do not like all red though. I always kind of liked the Raiders silver and black.

8. OptimisticTexan

Funny, I've always thought the Raiders had the best uniforms in the NFL. The Chargers "old" Powder Blues were always a close second. (**Warning: This next statement includes strong contradiction**) I would include the Steelers but I detest them far too much to do so, even though their uniforms were always pretty righteous.

macho grande likes this.
  9. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

The white tops over the blue pants are the best combo, IMO.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I just realized someone stole my avatar.

Say Watt, Carr Bombed and JB like this.

11. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Yeah, they're stale and boring to me. I'd like them changed, especially because we've never had any long term great history or accomplishments in them. In general I like teams to keep their uniforms the way they are unless they add an extra that they wear from time to time. I'd hate to ever see classic teams like the Celtics, Packers, or Steelers change their uniforms who've always kept theirs. As ugly as those old Rockets uniforms were back in the day, I wish we could go back to those. The Texans would be better suited to add Colombia blue to ours instead of the navy blue. Give us that Luv Ya Blue nostalgia back. God, I wish they'd do it.

12. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

We have no throwback uniforms to wear. The only reason teams have alternate or change uniforms is to sell more merchandise. In the case of the aforementioned Jags and Titans, they both have just about the ugliest unis in the NFL so any change will be good.

The best uniform in the NFL, in my opinion, is the traditional white jersey's of the Cowboys. I also like the Chiefs, 49ers, powder-blue Chargers and the Bills old logo with the buffalo that just stands there.

PS The Texans shade of red during the all red uniform days was really bad. I'm glad that was ditched.

13. Mollywhopper

Mollywhopper Facilitator

Agreed about the blue pants. The all battle red is ok on very rare occasions, but steel blue pants regardless of jersey color is the way to go..

The road unis aren't bad..
    [​IMG]

The blue on blue is strong..
    [​IMG]

The color rush are just that much fresher..
    [​IMG]

and the red on blue is next level fierce..
    [​IMG]

Don't like the all whites either. Looks like pajamas.

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Well here's the annual jersey thread.

15. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

[​IMG]

16. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

No..

I really wish people could just put the Oilers behind them. They're gone and their late asshole owner made sure that franchise would never return to Houston in any fashion. Let them keep everything and let's continue to build our own legacy...a better one.

Mr teX, htownfan32, Grams and 3 others like this.
  17. Texecutioner

Yep ^^^^^^

This is what I want.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  18. Texecutioner

I can't. Not until the Texans build something to be proud of. I have always felt that our uni's need a change especially after those awful tenures between Capers and Kubiak and OB's tenure not going so well since last season. We've had nothing but bad luck with them, and I can't help it, I miss the Oilers. I just do.

BigBull, mussop and macho grande like this.
  19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Let's be honest here..outside of the luv ya blue/Bum Phillips/Earl Campbell years and a couple of run & shoot seasons the Oilers history (which started in 1960 as a original AFL team) wasn't much to write home about and there really isn't a whole lot to miss. In 30 years of the SB era they never won a title or reached the game. I know that there's a lot of nostalgia with that team, but their actual success doesn't match it. To this day nationally they're more known for "the comeback" than anything else.

If Watson becomes as great as we think he is/will the Texans will easily surpass the Oilers legacy over the next 5-10 years..just hope he stays healthy. Bud Adams' Oilers didn't exactly set the bar very high.

20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Oilers shouldn't have left, damn shame the way everything went down.

I love the Texans. I identify with them as my home team and know the history.

But...

Everytime Tennessee puts on their throwbacks .. I get butterflies. Not the Titans .. the Houston Oilers!