I live in Hawaii......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yokohama Texan, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Yokohama Texan

Yokohama Texan Rookie

And they were finally about to show a Houston game that I have been waiting to see because I am from Houston and a big Texan fan but I am in the military and just as the game starts we have a earthquake and everything goes off. I was sooo mad because I really wanted to see the Texans play. Now I am really glad I didn't have to go the heartache. The phones finally started to work and I call my mom and she tells me the score of the game. Man, our team SUCKS!! I am going to hear it at work tomorrow!! My OIC is a Cowgirl fan.. I am doomed tomorrow. Our team has soo many holes I don't know what need fixing first. I will always be a Texans fan but man it is hard right now. :brickwall

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Good to hear your ok. You missed nothing but your favorite team losing to an in-state rival 34-6. It looked bad, smelled bad and felt bad.

3. Yokohama Texan

Yokohama Texan Rookie

Thanks, everthing here in Oahu is getting back to normal. The big Island got the worst of it. I am really getting sick of our team just giving up. I know we have made some bad decisions in the past but this loosing is getting to be too much of a regular thing. I keep telling myself to be patient and it will work but it keeps getting worse. I guess we are in for a long transition period.

4. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

Glad you are ok.

The first half was great. It was a tale of two halves. The cowgirls showed up in the second half, and our guys cratered. Seth payne is done for the season. We still haven't found a ground game. Andre dropped several key passes. Our secondary beyond Dunta is non-existent.

Bright spots are: Bledsoe felt the heat many times. Our kick return game was good. Carr looked awesome in the first half. Demeco Ryans is a serious playa'. Mario showed shades of the good DE he is going to be.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I saw the Texans game streaming on TVU this weekend. Google TVU and download one of the players....I have watched Vince Young and many of my favorite NFL players and teams with this so far this year....the quality of the stream isn't always good, but it's usually good enough.

6. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

That's how I saw the game too Vinny! Quality of the stream isn't that good but, I was able to watch the game in Japan!! That was cool.

Vinny likes this.
  7. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I just wanted to say it is great to hear from people around the world.

8. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Well if you could have tuned in just for the first half, you would have been cheering like a big dog. But the 2nd half had us running like little weiner dogs.

9. Cruuuuuuuz

Cruuuuuuuz Veteran

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!
    Cmon now...i thought i was the only Texans fan that lives on Oahu!
    Your story is the exact same thing that happened me!!!!
    The apartment is shaking....my girlfriend is yelling EARTH QUAKE.....EARTH QUAKE....
    and in my mind...all i hear is TEXANS FOOTBALL....TEXANS FOOTBALL....
    I pickup the TV.... move it to the living room...get my chair...turn on the tv...Texans are winning 3-0....commericial...and ZZZZZZZZZZZ....NO POWER!!!!!!
    the only game of the year i get to see...is ruined by an earthquake.....

Brah...I think i saw you last week on Kapiolani jogging with 3 other guys...was that you? You had a Texan shirt on!

10. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

I saw same game you did, I know officials were too busy to call it, but saw 3 instances where Cowboys made contact BEFORE ball got to AJ. It didn't get called. Moulds 1st catch down sidelines. he could have demanded dinner and a movie, or at least filed sexual harassment against Cowgirls player

11. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

That has been a continual issue for several years IMO. Kind of the Shack & MJ thing. Good/high visability teams/players seem to get the benifit of the doubt on calls and in particular against the Texans.

12. Yokohama Texan

Yokohama Texan Rookie

No, I was at home at Pearl City. I was really excited about watching the Texans play but fate played it's part. It would be great to watch some Texan games with some Texan fans here.

13. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Ah yes, the NFL in Hawaii. Nothing like getting up at 6 in the morning to catch the game at 8 a.m.

I used to live across from Pearl Ridge and then moved to AMR. That was years ago but really want to get back.

14. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

what he said ....