Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I know you're disappointed....

Titanic

Practice Squad
But I just want to say that was a great game. I know we put up a lot of yards but your defense is looking better and I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB. This rivalry is going to be fun the next few years, good luck the rest of the season.

TexSon

Veteran
But I just want to say that was a great game. I know we put up a lot of yards but your defense is looking better and I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB. This rivalry is going to be fun the next few years, good luck the rest of the season.
Dayne was the ONLY reason we were in this game from an offensive standpoint. Carr did nothing but make no terrible mistakes. Whoopdeedo

stingray

Hall of Fame
You don't understand cause you don't have him on your team...

Goldeagle

Veteran
Carr did not lose this game for us. Our D line dissapeared and Kubiak had some bonehead calls again. #80 dropped a few more passes and no one could find Dayne in the 2nd half.

Great win by VY, weve seen it so many times. We got beat by a better team, and that is all.

TexanLen

Waterboy
It is very disappointing!!! I look around the league and see 3rd, 2nd, and rookie Qb's coming in and looking better than Carr. Even when Carr had time, he wasn't spectacular. All his yards are mostly YAC. He has a good percentage because he dumps and dinks. He just wore out his welcome here. He is a great guy and it is no crack on him as a person, but he needs to go!!!

MrMeToo

Rookie
Carr did not lose this game for us. Our D line dissapeared and Kubiak had some bonehead calls again. #80 dropped a few more passes and no one could find Dayne in the 2nd half.

Great win by VY, weve seen it so many times. We got beat by a better team, and that is all.
Andre almost save Carr's career at the end of the game. Also, the one pass Andre dropped he was held. Stop not blaming Carr. Carr is done. He's not a winner like VINCE YOUNG. Maybe when Carr goes to another team next season, you cheer him on over there.

Reddevil63

Veteran

Nope he didnt lose it, but he certainly didnt win it either. If you have a consistant running game picking up good yardage, then you can get away with a QB who cant make big plays.

Goldeagle

Veteran
Andre almost save Carr's career at the end of the game. Also, the one pass Andre dropped he was held. Stop not blaming Carr. Carr is done. He's not a winner like VINCE YOUNG. Maybe when Carr goes to another team next season, you cheer him on over there.

ANd Andre has DROPPED plenty of passes. #80 is not free of blame.

AND LOL about your comment cheering Carr on another team...Like you are doing for VY...loser.

Goldeagle

Veteran
Nope he didnt lose it, but he certainly didnt win it either. If you have a consistant running game picking up good yardage, then you can get away with a QB who cant make big plays.
Yup, we cant throw deep because our O-line play stinks and oru Run game dissapeared.

wolfscar

Waterboy
I don't understand why you guys hate on Carr so much. He's not amazing but he's accurate and he's tough, I don't see why he gets so much crap with your line and freaking Ron Dayne and Lundy at RB.
Don't even bother, my friend. Doesn't matter what Carr does in the game - if we don't win he gets slated. Period. I guess that's what happens when you get a paycheck the size of his - if you're not spectacularly good then you're worthless. Maybe justifiably so.

Interesting comparison ...
TODAY:
V. Young - 19 of 29 - 218yds - 65.5% - 1 INT - one rushing TD against a Defense that should have stopped that play in its sleep. Titans win. Texans message board filled with people posting that Vince is god.

5th NOVEMBER:
D. Carr - 21 of 30 - 176yds - 70.0% - 0 INT - one gutsy rushing TD against one of the best rush defenses in the league. Giants win. Texans message board barely mentions Carr except to talk about poor play in the first half.

I'm not suggesting that the guy shouldn't be scrutinised, but this game was not lost because of Carr. If you want to condense it down it was lost on one shocking defensive play and some ultra-conservative play calling from Kubiak. I'll be very interested to see what happens here in the offseason because he's not putting a drop of faith in his QB.

wolfscar

Waterboy
Fact is we were swept by the Titans for the 2nd consecutive season. So what rivalery.
The Jags whipped the Colts today, so if we beat Peyton and co. in two weeks they'll have lost to all four teams this year. That would be a nice way to round out the season. Not a particularly likely way, but a nice way.

Goldeagle

Veteran
As I posted, if Carr does not go for over 72% and 320 yards he had a bad game. He has a bad game every week, Carr haters were crying about every game like the Raiders game where he had -7 yards. So I had to figure his best statistical game and realized anything over that is a good game :)

TexanLen

Waterboy
As I posted, if Carr does not go for over 72% and 320 yards he had a bad game. He has a bad game every week, Carr haters were crying about every game like the Raiders game where he had -7 yards. So I had to figure his best statistical game and realized anything over that is a good game :)
No, Carr is not a good QB. Most of his yards are YAC. The 5 yard dumps are nothing for a NFL QB. Carr cannot lead his team to victory.

How many people had confidence that Carr would lead this team to victory? I bet nearly every fan had more confidence that VY would have a better chance to bring his team back than Carr did.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. This loss hurts!!!

Goldeagle

Veteran
No, Carr is not a good QB. Most of his yards are YAC. The 5 yard dumps are nothing for a NFL QB. Carr cannot lead his team to victory.

How many people had confidence that Carr would lead this team to victory? I bet nearly every fan had more confidence that VY would have a better chance to bring his team back than Carr did.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. This loss hurts!!!
As Ive posted. Dropped passes hurt Carr. Cook fumbling inside of 2 minutes hurts Carr.

I recall beating the Jags on 4th and 1 one year. He can win, but the O-line has to improve, thats how the Cowboys won along with the Niners and so on.

I have to agree with you about the short passing game, but I question is that to supplement the pathetic run game and to protect Carr because of bad O-line play?

TexanLen

Waterboy
As Ive posted. Dropped passes hurt Carr. Cook fumbling inside of 2 minutes hurts Carr.

I recall beating the Jags on 4th and 1 one year. He can win, but the O-line has to improve, thats how the Cowboys won along with the Niners and so on.

I have to agree with you about the short passing game, but I question is that to supplement the pathetic run game and to protect Carr because of bad O-line play?
When Carr did have a line earlier in the season, he did not put up great numbers. Yes, the line is bad now. We lost the starting tackles and the starting center. He did have a few shining moments in the past 5 years. That is why he is still the QB. But can we sit here and say Carr will take us to victory. Maybe he is shell shocked. When he did have time and threw bad passes, that was the explaination. No, the loss isn't all Carr's fault. I am not seeing any leadership from him. He doesn't have that swagger that good QB's have.

Goldeagle

Veteran
When Carr did have a line earlier in the season, he did not put up great numbers. Yes, the line is bad now. We lost the starting tackles and the starting center. He did have a few shining moments in the past 5 years. That is why he is still the QB. But can we sit here and say Carr will take us to victory. Maybe he is shell shocked. When he did have time and threw bad passes, that was the explaination. No, the loss isn't all Carr's fault. I am not seeing any leadership from him. He doesn't have that swagger that good QB's have.
Actually he did put up decent numbers but plauged with dropped passes and fumbles in the clutch time. People argued his stats dont matter when the line was "average" at best.

TexanLen

Waterboy
Actually he did put up decent numbers but plauged with dropped passes and fumbles in the clutch time. People argued his stats dont matter when the line was "average" at best.
Where are the W's then when he did put up decent #s?

Miami 22-29 230yds 1 td and 1 int WIN

Jax 25-34 224yds 2td WIN

Jax 16-32 167yds 0TD 0INT WIN

NYJ-39-59 321yds 1TD 1INT LOSS

Oak- 7-14 32yds 0TD 0INT WIN

I am not too impresses with his numbers in the wins. And with the losses, does it matter? They lost. Even when he did have a running game, he does not step it up. Yes, there were some dropped passes and fumbles. Mostly by him. TO is leading the team in dropped passes and i think his team is winning. When Carr did put up his numbers, it was in the 4th qtr when the 2nd and 3rd teams were on the field. Not that Rosenfelds is the savior, but it is something how he came in when Carr was pulled and put up 3td's (1INT) and nearly brought the team back. If i recall, it was the same line, wr's, and backs Carr had in that game.

Goldeagle

Veteran
Where are the W's then when he did put up decent #s?

Miami 22-29 230yds 1 td and 1 int WIN

Jax 25-34 224yds 2td WIN

Jax 16-32 167yds 0TD 0INT WIN

NYJ-39-59 321yds 1TD 1INT LOSS

Oak- 7-14 32yds 0TD 0INT WIN

I am not too impresses with his numbers in the wins. And with the losses, does it matter? They lost. Even when he did have a running game, he does not step it up. Yes, there were some dropped passes and fumbles. Mostly by him. TO is leading the team in dropped passes and i think his team is winning. When Carr did put up his numbers, it was in the 4th qtr when the 2nd and 3rd teams were on the field. Not that Rosenfelds is the savior, but it is something how he came in when Carr was pulled and put up 3td's (1INT) and nearly brought the team back. If i recall, it was the same line, wr's, and backs Carr had in that game.
Same reason you dont like Carr's stats, the Titans went into a soft zone because the game was pretty much over.

TexanLen

Waterboy
Thats fine, when the Texans win, make a post stating CARR WON THE GAME!
I will Eagle. I will be the first the first to BBQ a crow and eat it, but he has to do it consistently. One game does not make a great QB. i will be cheering and yelling and giving credit where credit is due when he does it. But it needs to be more than one game. I know i sound like a Carr hater, but i am not. I was ok with the team picking up the option and was very optomistic with Kubiak coaching. I was upset with not picking Bush. I think if we lost today but had Bush in the back field, it wouldn't be as bad as it is. I want to see Carr do well every week. It just isn't happening.

Tough doesn't win games. The funniest part of the game was during the first quarter and the jumbotron showed flashes of players with words on the screen. The first one was Leader and the player shown was David Carr. He isn't a leader. Players won't rally around him. He has been accurate this year, but considering he mostly completes 3 and 4 yard dump offs that's not too great. There were times in this game where he had Moulds free and never looked at him. He has trouble reading a defense and he can't move around in the pocket to get better passing lanes.

gameguy89

Practice Squad
Last I checked both Vince Young and David Carr have won at least one game in their careers...thus making them winers.
Hah... nice one...

When Vince is down by 21 points vs the Giants, he's still a winner. "If you don't want to win the game, then get out of the huddle" I believe were his words to his team on one of the final drives. What would Carr say in that situation? "Lundy, don't go too far... watch for the ball. It's comin at ya."

Carr is only a winner when the rest of the team makes him a winner. Vince is a winner even when everybody counts him out.

Big J

Noob
What is depressing is when you are studying for finals while having gamecast on to "watch the game". Then all of a sudden it displays Touchdown 39 yard run Vince Young.

I didnt watch the game on TV but I can only imagine the mood in Houston right now (Assuming you are a real fan and root for your hometown team).

Im glad I dont have much time for TV this week because I can only imagine the crap they come up with the next couple days.

Still you have to give props to VY....Figures he wins like that.

TexanLen

Waterboy
What is depressing is when you are studying for finals while having gamecast on to "watch the game". Then all of a sudden it displays Touchdown 39 yard run Vince Young.

I didnt watch the game on TV but I can only imagine the mood in Houston right now (Assuming you are a real fan and root for your hometown team).

Im glad I dont have much time for TV this week because I can only imagine the crap they come up with the next couple days.

Still you have to give props to VY....Figures he wins like that.
It was sickening!!!!

For whatever chicken**** gives bad rep to someone because they don't agree with your opinion be man enough to post it in here and not just send an anonymous note. You say my opinions about Carr prove that I know nothing? Back it up with proofs that say otherwise.

You watch any good QB. He will slide in a pocket and find a passing lane. Carr will throw right at a defender and get it knocked down. I've watched him do it on the same play on the same drive. He doesn't appear to be able to read a defense and find an open receiver. He still takes a sack near the sideline instead of throwing the ball away. Twice in the same game he threw the ball beyond the line of scrimmage. He consistently throws to an underneath receiver on 3rd and long forcing the team to punt. I have no problem with the play in the 4th that led to the Brown FG. In that case the team needed some yards to give Brown a chance. It's the other times that he throws the ball short of a first down.