I know that there is a 90% chance that we draft Bush...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by BuffSoldier, Apr 4, 2006.

1. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

But I like the idea of trading down with New York again, for both of their 1st rounders. I can see that happening for 3 major reasons,
    1. Curtis Martin is old and he needs a replacement, because sbehind him, there is really no one else.
    2. With the aquisition of Ramsey, the Jets arent looking for a top QB anymore and can focus on drafting a solid RB.
    3. Because of the first rounder they received for Abraham, the Jets can trade up and still have there second and 3rd round picks.

IMO Reggie Bush is the very best player in the draft, and if we stayed at #1 it would be stupid to pass on him, but if we had a chance to get this trade done, I would think that the Texans are even more stupid to reject the trade.

I think this becuase I honestly believe that D'Brickashaw Ferguson is the 2nd best player in the draft and at a need position. Not to mention that they could pick up an extra 1st rounder.

We could get Ferguson and and have our choice of a great CB, TE, OL,DE,LB and WR at 29 and 33. Lets just say we got Antonio Cromartie and Jason Allen, we have a very good offene and defense with our lineupes looking like this.

Offense

QB: David Carr
    WR: 1.Andre Johnson 2. Eric Moulds 3. Jerome Mathis
    RB: Dominick Davis
    LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG:Steve McKinney
    C: Mike Flannagan
    RG: Zach Weigert

Defense

MLB: Sam Cowart
    OLB: Kailee Wong/Morlon Greenwood
    CB: 1. Dunta Robinson 2. Antonio Cromartie 3. Buchanan/Faggins
    FS: Jason Allen
    SS: Glen Earl/CC Brown
    DE: Anthony Weaver/ ND Kalu/ Antwan Peek/ Jason Babin
    DT: Robair Smith/ Travis Jonhson/ Seth Payne
    RT: Chester Pitts

2. el toro

el toro All Pro

We're too cheap if that's all it would take.

3. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Chester Pitts is so good, not only can he change to the right side of the line, he can change the right side of the line on defense.

4. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I dont think we trade down unless we get a Herschel Walker trade offer, which is N.F.L. ( that doesnt stand for National Football League ). The Saints have much more leverage in a trade down than us. Reggie takes this offense from Good, to Amazing.

5. TJFord

TJFord Rookie

WTF!!! When did this offense become "good"? No matter how talented Bush is, he is not going to be able to overcome a pourous offensive line. Defenses are going to just stuff the run and force Carr to throw another infinite amount of 3 yard outs.

6. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

No. There will be no overabundance of 3 yard outs. If you stack the LOS, we have ways to make you pay now. We made moves in FA that allows us to attack OL in the draft. This will be a pretty damn good offense.

7. el toro

el toro All Pro

Exactly. Some pressure will come off the line from the talent added at the skill positions this offseason. Add to that a real center, McKinney back at guard, a proven blocking scheme, the coaching to get it done, and whatever they pick up in the draft and I'm not that worried about the line. People act as though nothing has changed. Not surprising, considering that about 10 days ago this forum was calling the offseason a failure.

8. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

Looking more & more like Reggie everyday:drool: