I Know it's too early.. But Davis vs Morency

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Human Highlight Reel, May 3, 2005.

1. Human Highlight Reel

Human Highlight Reel Rookie

Okay I know it's too early too really tell who is better.. but just for the sake of the thread let's just try to pick one..

I'mma go wit Morency, I've seen him play several times.. He has better field vision than Davis. Wit Zone Block I will always go wit the person wit the better vision.

Who do you think?

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

I think Morency takes the job some time in the middle of the season.

3. Human Highlight Reel

Human Highlight Reel Rookie

I can believe that..

Davis will start the season, but eventually Morency will be impressive when he does relieve Davis that in the middle of the season Davis will see a lot less carries as Morency slowly gets more and more carries and eventually is the Fulltime Starter next year.. when Davis will prolly seek a trade..

4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Unless DD gets injured (highly likely) Morency will not be the starter, but rather a role player about mid year who gets 10-15 carries a game spelling DD. His hands are an unknown as well as blitz pick up skills, both of which are very important in our game.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

DD has rushed for over 1,000 yards in each of his two seasons with the team, he also has quite a few rushing TDs. Morency has done none of that yet in the NFL so I am going with DD until Morency does otherwise.

6. Beastlyman2003

Beastlyman2003 Veteran

What is the deal with these haters? DD has been one of two consistent productors on our young offense, the other being AJ. Why are all yall busters trying to disrespect or downplay all of DD accomplishments? NOW, yall are talking about getting rid of him? Good thing none of yall are the Texans GM. :brickwall :bomb: :brickwall

7. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

DD is on the verge of being the next Curtis Martin and people are chastising him for being injury prone. Fred Taylor was to and the Jags still have him.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think if you are gonna take the time to type wit.....why not add an 'h'? Chat language is all cool and stuff and I use it...but it makes reading posts...er, nevermind.

DD will start at first...get nicked up and run poorly like he always does when nicked up, Morency comes in, and never looks back.

Word, crunk, and all of dat, wit shizzle-dizzle

9. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm tempted to use that as my new signature, but I think Ali still wins out. That's a close second.

10. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Fo shizzle dizzle. Holla front

11. wags

wags Hall of Fame

So does this mean you would not resign DD after this year?

12. Vinny

I give him a high tender and hope someone gives me a high pick for him. Otherwise he is my ideal 3rd down back/complimentary back/Kick returner.

13. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Give DD the mid level tender (1st round pick compensation)

14. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I love DD, and I think we drafted another RB only because our backups were a joke. I think we could have gone a different direction with the pick, but I have to live with it so I honestly don't think they were looking for DD's replacement.

15. Dionysus22

Dionysus22 Veteran

:rofl: Dude, you just made my day!! Hilarious!!

16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Right now, Domanick is the complete back. He's had a year in the zone blocking scheme, he can pass block, he can catch, he's a good short yardage runner. He's the starter. Morency is a big ? in all of these areas. What Morency can do for this team is to take 8 -10 carries a game in the middle of the field (the way the Packers use Davenport) and lessen the load on Davis. Maybe then, DD's less likely to get nicked up so much.

No one gave a high pick this offseason to Alexander or James. No one will give up a high pick for Davis. Davis will be with the team at least until his UFA year of '07. Bring up the Davis vs Morency thread then. The next 2 seasons it will be Davis & Morency.

17. Vinny

Chester Taylor was signed by the Browns with a high RFA tender, but the Ravens matched.

18. wags

wags Hall of Fame

That shows a lot of faith in Morency. Morency is good, but still unproven at the NFL level.

Just wondering, but wouldn't DD hold out if he is given just a one-year tender?

19. Vinny

I'm not real big on DD and think he gets much of his yardage because teams lay back in cover-2's and don't bring up their safeties to stop him. If he holds out, I'm not going to cry.

20. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Ravens gave Chester Taylor the low tender hoping no one would offer him a contract. The Browns offered him a 1 yr/3 million dollar contract that the Ravens eventually matched.