I just remembered...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 3960AD, May 5, 2006.

1. 3960AD

3960AD Rookie

...that Kubiak remembers a lot of our players on defense from last year's scrimmage. For instance, I remember the DBs doing a pretty decent job. I remember a play that McKenzie came flying in and almost sacked the QB and then I believe CC Brown getting the interception or almost getting the interception on that play as a result of the hurry.

Its no surprise why he thinks our DBs are a strong group. We got some good athletes in that group. If our front 4 could get a good rush and our LBs do some good blitzing, our DBs should be fine.

I see a lot of postings about our DBs, but in my opinion and obviously in the opinions of our organization there a fine group that should perform well.

Lets go T E X A N s.... oh yeah!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: YahooooooO!!!!

2. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Kubiak touched on that at the luncheon (previous scrimmages against us as a Bronco). Said he was watching us, especially Carr.

*edited for clarification*

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I didn't here where Kubiak said they are a strong group....

But I do agree with the assumption. I would think Reeves' report, and Kubiaks own film study(along with his assitants) would be more the reason, than a scrimmage game a year ago.......

Those scrimmages are more for the team to evaluate their own players..... for all we know, he might have thought McKenzie got in because his own player screwed the pooch.

But, if you recall....... Denver has had hell trying to find decent corners, to the point of trading the best College prospect they ever had in a RB for Delta O'Neal.

4. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Don't you mean Champ Bailey?

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Here ya go! (Lots of good stuff in this article:)

Kubiak Draft Wrap Up

6. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Thanks, TexansChick. I notice he says "tackle" and not "offensive lineman", so that further proves he sees Spencer and Winston as tackles. Definitely interesting read.