I hope they sit AJ next week

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Sep 26, 2010.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

We cannot afford to have our beast battle a nagging injury throughout the season. Oakland is a matchup where we can actually afford to sit our best player to increase his chances of completely healing his injured ankle.

Oakland's lockdown CB is going to cover our top WR like glue. We will not throw at Aso because we can get yards against whoever else they play in the secondary or we can run with Foster. This plan will be the same whether Aso is covering AJ or KW.

Why not let AJ get fully healthy this week? Having him out there only increases his chances of having to battle the injury throughout the season.

Grforces likes this.
  2. Grforces

Grforces Veteran

I agree with you. I would'nt risk it at all. Even getting a loss is worth sitting AJ because he is worth so many wins. (i.e. redskins). Let dickerson get in there and get some playing time as a 3 or 4. Jacoby is easily a 3, and walter played like a 1 during week 2.
    When AJ went down today it was really scary.

3. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Not one of us know the extent of the injury. Our coaching staff isn't supid, if it is a health risk for AJ to be out there playing, then he won't be out there. A sprained ankle can heal in a day or two, or could be a lengthy injury, it is almost impossible for us to guess the severity of it.

4. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I sure am NOT interested in sitting him just for the sake of sitting him. If he can play then he best play.Dismissing Oakland would be a colossal mistake. It's still the first quarter of the season and anything goes then. Think of the season as a sprint to the playoffs. We must get the best record possible as fast as we fricking can. Especially with this hellacious schedule.

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I think our medical staff is full of morons. See how Ben Tate was carted off the field... oh wait... he wasn't.

6. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

THIS. And it's BECAUSE of Aso that I would let him play. A 70% AJ will still draw Aso to him, meaning we have at least 3 other threats (JJ, KW, and DA) being covered by lesser DBs. Just have him running soft routes and use him as a decoy so he doesn't risk injury.

7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

andre johnson tore a man's helmet off.

8. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

With the head still inside.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I think that is what basically happened in this game. I get what you are saying though and I agree. I just think our defense will make Oakland's offense get well.

10. vupac1

vupac1 Veteran

Reported High ankle sprain. Those generally tend to linger without rest.

11. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Nope...as silly as it sounds right now this is a must win for us..even if all it does is to preserve/gain confidence. With that said, we need all our guns, especially our biggest seeing as though they've got 1 of the top cb's in the league in Asamougha. win this & we will have successfully negotiated 1 of the toughest parts of our schedule minus 1 of our biggest playmakers....

12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

The boldest is the fastest way to get in the NFL...going half-assed that is. Besides, how are you going to guard against the competitive juices getting flowing in AJ? Besides, it would be just down right silly to sit AJ out the right before our by week. If we were going to sit him, he should've sat out the redskins/cowboys game.