I honestly think this could be the best draft i have thought of

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by baba ganoush, Dec 21, 2006.

1. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

1) Joe Thomas : Best lineman to come out in a few year...health is a concern though...
    2) Troy Smith : People say he doesnt have the size for the NFL, but Mike Vick is 6' while Smith is 6'1"; Smith knows what it takes to win and thats what this team needs...
    3) Kenny Irons : Small, elusive back with a good burst; another great back that has come out of Aubrun...
    4) Brandon Meriweather : Great athlete, with alot of upside; our defensive backfield needs and upgrade, i only see him falling this low because of his attitude on the field...
    5) Marcus Hamilton : Solid corner, with work could become a starter...
    6) Kasey Studdard : Has been very reliable and a big part to the Texas O-line, we could use him as depth and maybe an eventual starter...
    7) Marcus Bacon : A good all around athlete that can play either OLB or S...I think this kid is going to be a steal in the draft!

let me know what you think!

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Good effort. Think Joe Thomas won't get past Zona or the Bucs. Either one gets a shot at the guy, they'll pull the trigger.

3. Smokedawg

Smokedawg Veteran

Smith i think is 5'11"

4. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

He really is 6'1", they were talking about it last night on like ESPN or something. But anyways hes taller then Vick is, so why not? I just would like the see the Texans pick up Justin Warren tho.

Smokedawg likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Thomas is for sure going to the cardinals

6. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

even so, i mean im not the biggest fan of him, im more on the kevin kolb bandwagon, but i think smith would fit the system well...if we can get a strong running game going and if our defense can stay strong throughout the entire season, i believe smith has all the tools to make a strong qb in the nfl, he has the leadership qualities, durability and mobility to run this offense

7. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

I don't think Studdard will fall to the Sixth Round.

8. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Ya anyways I like the draft overall, I like Kenny Irons. I think he'll be a sleeper in the draft and a steal. QB wise, I like the idea of getting Smith because he's a winner. I like Kolb too so I don't know who I would decide on but i would definetly bring in a vet like Jake Plummer because I fully believe that its better to sit a rookie his first year than or for part of the year than just throw him in the game. Who knows, if David Carr got sat his first year it could had turned out different. Good mock tho

9. Smokedawg

Smokedawg Veteran

Really, well i didnt know that.

10. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Irons falling to the 3rd and Merriweather to the 4th are longshots.

11. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Justin Warren and DeMeco Ryans would make a good combo

12. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

Baba G- I like your mock! However, I think we have a small chance @ JT! If not, I like AP, or A. Branch-DT, or G. Adams-DE! Pls, pls FO NO reaches or cuteness:shades: !!!! I DO LIKE Troy Smith in the second! :) This draft is way too important for the TEXANS!!!!!

13. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I just feel you have a couple guys falling to rounds later than they are being projected. I have not seen Meriweather falling to the 2nd day yet, not saying it will not happen just have not seen it. I have seen Irons in the 3rd on some mocks and would be real excited with him there.

I am not sure Studdard falls that far down.

Also unless we pick in the top 3, Thomas is gone, 3rd at the worse. Most likely 2nd.

Nice attempt.

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

That would be a great draft. Again to reiterate, I've seen Meriweath in 1st or 2nd rds on most mocks...may slip to third? and I doubt kenny irons slips to the third round..i've seen him in mostly 1st and 2nd rounds.

I would like AP in 1st, then Troy Smith (or Jamarcus Russell) if either fall to us in the 2nd. I would like that a lot. But det, oak, maybe cle? could be picking higher than us so they could potentially grab them in the 2nd (if det doesnt grab quinn)

Not real familiar with the other buys but good job.

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

studdard is like a 2nd rounder. so is meriweather. bacon is certainly not a 7th rounder.

16. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I think you have identified the positions of need.Although I disagree with most of your selections and or the order you draft for that position. But that is the fun of these things.

17. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Ya, Justin Warren plays with the same mentalitly of DeMeco in that he's looking to kill whoever has the ball. He's not as fast but bigger. Maybe a strong side linebacker on our team?

18. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I am worried he is not going to have the speed to be a 3 down LB. If he is a true low 4.6, maybe, because he does seem to have good instincts, that can off set a little lack of speed. But I have the impression that he is closer to a 4.7 guy. We will see what he looks like at the Senior Bowl and then the combine.

This draft truly has me all over the board. Plus our team has so many holes how do we choose?

19. jjcorvallis

jjcorvallis Rookie

Ok Joe Thomas will not fall that far. He will be taken in the top 3. But if he does we HAVE to pick him. Our front office will not draft a QB. It's obvious they love DC. And I doubt the Heisman winner will fall that far. He will be taken in the first round. Kenny Irons is a good pick. I think we should draft more defense. I would draft Laron Laundry at 1st and Aaron Ross at 2nd round.

20. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

So wait, is that list who you want the Texans to draft in each round? I don't think Merriweather will slip that far.