I have a bad feeling about this game.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by stingray, Oct 28, 2007.

1. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

This game just doesn't sit well with me...

1. Chargers coming off a bye-week.
    2. Chargers were playing very well before the bye week.
    3. Texans 1-4 the last 5 weeks.
    4. Texans lost an emotional game after making a huge comeback.
    5. No AJ

6. CHARGERS AND THE CROWD'S ADRENALINE WILL BE AT A LEVEL TEN AFTER THE WILDFIRES.

Hope I'm wrong.....

2. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

Good points, but I'm hoping that #4 actually works to our advantage. For them to come back like that was pretty amazing. I hope it gives them confidence that they can do anything if they put some heart and effort into it.

3. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

You're not the only one.

Our safeties are not good in coverage, Gates could have a big day.
    Our outside run defense has not been good latley, LT could have a HUGE day.
    Our offensive line play has been bad lately, SD brings more pressure than almost anyone.
    SD just seems to be strong in all the areas we are weak in. I do not like this match up at all.

4. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

You are just now feeling like this game is trouble? :) I've had this one marked down as a loss since the schedule came out.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

+1 :shades:

6. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Texans will games they weren't suppose to and lose ones they should of won. I think today will be the day they win one they weren't suppose to.

Silver Oak likes this.
  7. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I feel we will show up for this game. I'm pulling for my boys to make THEMSELVES proud! The good kind of pride, not one of self, but one of TEAM!

Go Texans!

:texflag:

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I'd be surprised if anyone gets disappointed by the results of this game too much, since they're be foolish IMO if they have even moderate expectations of Texans success to begin with.

9. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Let me clarify, I have a bad feeling that we are gonna get blown out pretty bad, NOT JUST LOSE. I mean, like 42-13... , yeah I thought this game would be a loss since the schedule came out but I just think we won't even be competitive.. LIKE I SAID, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

10. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I think everyone on here hopes your wrong

11. Spike

Spike Veteran

I think it is all about #3. This team hasn't look prepared and has played really awful the past four weeks. I don't think we will win, but I'd like to see some sort of improvement. This team (and I am including the coaching staff here) have taken a real step back in this time frame. I don't want to watch a completely overwhelmed team out on the field today - and I certainly don't want to hear our coach say after the game that he failed to properly prepare the team.

I think mentally, this is a big game for the season. If we can be at the half way point and be 4-4, I think the team, city and fans will be satisfied that progress has been made and that we are on pace for a .500 season - which is where most saw this team before the season started - despite the tough losses. If we lose this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see things spiral out of control.

12. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I agree...

13. False Start

False Start On # 69

I just don't see us coming up with a win either . I saw a stat about teams coming off a bye week , and their record . It was pretty staggering towards the win side . Something like in the high 80s percentage wise , they win . It just doesn't look good for the Texans . You never know , maybe they will pull a fast one on the Bolts . As long as they don't get blown out , that will be cool . I'm not being a bad fan , I'm just being realistic . :texflag:

14. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I hope the team we saw play KC and Carolina show up, but it does look like a tough road.

Maybe we'll catch SD flat as they might see themselves as a team that should easily win, and a bigger maybe...our guys show up pissed after last week.

:texflag:

15. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The Chargers are one of the 5 toughest teams in the NFL for us stylistically imo but this could be a trap game for them. They just started getting momentum and had to go into a bye week filled with uncertainty due to the fires in SD. They most likely haven't had their minds on football leading up to the game and they could come out flat against us.

If we can force SD to dig themselves into a hole early then we have a good shot at winning this game, Rivers hasn't been playing all that well this year and if they are forced to pass they will be NORVed.

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

This game kinda reminds me of the UT vs A&M game after the bonfire tragedy. You feel bad for the opposition due to the local tragedy and it's almost a no win situation if your rooting for the other team.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think we get crushed today and LT has 3 or 4 TD's (at least two on the ground)....hope not, but I think he goes nuts today. I didn't see a very good team when the game was on the line last week vs the Titans.

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

19. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I'm optimistic that they could win but realistically, they're chances are very low. They will need to play perfect football to really have any chance at all. If they continue to turn the ball over, then like Vinny said, they'll get crushed.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'm looking forward to the day when the biggest asset the Texans take into a game is not "maybe the opponent will look past/underrate/get caught in a trap game".