I hate saying this because Bush supporters will howl

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dime, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

I dont know if this was reported.

I was watching the Rose Bowl interviews of Matt and Reggie. One of the interviewers stated "The Houston Texans have the first pick in the draft, would you play for them if you were first pick". Reggie answered "Sure I would, I have no problem with playing for them. They have David Carr who is a really good Quarterback and they have Andre... Andre Johnson too."

All though I am against drafting him because we have other major concerns, he is a option.

2. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

He sounds really mature to me.

3. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I'm surprised he knew anyone at all with the way we've played this year. No big deal.

4. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

You think he hasnt done his homework on a team that was on a collision course with the No. 1 pick all season? From what Ive learned over the past month or so, this kid is way to smart for that.

5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

im not quite sure i understand the point here.

Was that quote a bad thing or a good thing? if its a bad thing.. im not seeing it.

6. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

dont see it as either. he's being smart and not alienating anyone. BIG DEAL.

7. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

Once we have our new coach, hopefully the threads will become more of HOW Bush will fit into that coaches system.

We can argue all we want but Reggie Bush is going to be a Texan. The question is can he become one of the greats!!?

8. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Jaworski on ESPN said that his sources say that if New Orleans, picks Lienart, that he will try to pull an Eli Manning. That suprised me, he never seemed to be that type before.

9. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

How can anyone NOT want Bush. He is a dynamic and can get even better with maturity. If we talk "what if he gets injured" all day, but that goes with anyone. The sheer possibility of DC, AJ, RB and others is enough to make me buy season tickets and I live in Kansas. Man, I can't wait to see the outcome of this offseason. Heads are gonna roll in the AFC South in 2006.

10. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I think NO is going to take a chance on Adrian McPherson before they get a new QB. McPherson is supposed to be a better version than Vick, from what I've heard. Plus...I have always felt that NO was worse off than we were.

11. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:homer: The Saints owner is the new jackass of the NFL . How can you talk about moving your team because you don't have a stadium right after the whole city gets leveled . He's also a cheapskate who's in for the money . I would not want to play for him either .

12. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

He's said that he's going to keep the team in NO. Someone had to have threatened him or his family, because he was so dead-set on leaving to LA. Don't be suprised to see him move the team shortly after Pete Carrols contract is over at USC.

13. swisher

swisher Old School

Great, so the Titans might get Lienart and be reunited with Norm Chow.

14. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Depends if McNair retires or not...and also depends on whether or not TENN wants to see how Volek would work out in a permanent starting role. I still have this funny feeling that Leinart is going to be a Raider. I doubt he will, but I can't seem to shake it.

15. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I can actually not blame him for doing it. That team is in turmoil and its not going to get better anytime soon. Eli was a little b**** and had no right to pull his stunt but the situation in NO is so horrendous(sp) that it is no way to start your pro career. Those are way different circumstances and its hard to blame the guy. :twocents:

16. Blake

Blake MMQB

Reggie, and Matt, will go 1-2.

Even if both the Texans and Saints dont pick there, these guys will be picked there.

$20 says the Texans take Bush to get the fans back. And the Saints take Matt, or trade out to someone who wants him at #2.

Neither Trojan will be picked at #3.

17. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

He was wanting to move before the hurricane. It just makes it difficult now that this has happened.

18. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

I would have to say I would agree with the saints owner if he wanted to move. From his sight, he has a NFL team for the money it generates, and nothing else. If I have a team in a city that just got leveled, where am I going to get paid from. It great to have feelings for people who are hurting, but if it cost me millions of dollars as well, I think I would be concerned too..

19. HoustonTexans

HoustonTexans Rookie

Whats that ANdre... Andre Johnson thing about? He forget his last name or something? Or was he pulling a Bond... James Bond type thing or stuttering because Andre is so damn good?

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I thought I saw on espn.com or someplace he said Davis before Johnson - let me go look.