I guarentee a victory vs. Indy Sunday

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansAllTheWayBaby, Nov 11, 2005.

1. TexansAllTheWayBaby

TexansAllTheWayBaby Veteran

I'm obviously a big fan of the Houston Texans, and have been since year one. I know this football team. Those of you that have read my posts know that I am, for the most part, an optimisitc fan.

Now, this year could defintely be better. But, we are a better team than our record shows. We fight hard with emotion, we are a smart football team, have talent and coaching, just need to make bigger plays at bigger times.

I also know when this team is ready to play, and pumped up. They are ready to take of the Colts this upcoming Sunday in the RCA Dome. We are mad that nobody is giving us a chance to even come close. We're a 17.5 point underdog. Lets face it: this game, the pressure is on them, not us...we really have nothing to loose this game.

I guareente we beat the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday, giving us our second win, and them they're first loss of the 2005 season. We will win this game, mark it down. I promise.

:texflag:

2. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I hate to shoot down your Miss Cleo career so early, but I don't think I'll put any money down on your prediction just yet....

Although knocking them from their dreams of going undefeated would almost make up for how terrible this team has been the rest of the season.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Colts aren't facing any pressure since nobody is challenging them for the division. The pressure is on us to not get embarrassed.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I cant remember the last time i saw ANY team listed as a 17 1/2 point dog in the NFL .... That just doesnt happen . :pigfly: The Texans may not win this game but they sure as hell WILL cover that 17 1/2 ....

5. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

man i dunno...this could be the worst lose in team history

6. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'll tell you this, there will be "A" victory on sunday :)

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Guarantees always come with an "or what?". :confused:

So you guarantee the win Sunday against the Colts....or what? Seriously, we've got to have your "or what" in order to hold you accountable. :D

See, if they win, you'll be considered the most optimistic football fan this side of the Mississippi River. Accolades and awards will be bestowed upon you, women will name their newborn children after you, and we might even retire your number at our next halftime ceremony (pick your number, any number 1-99)...

BUT, you've got to have a "what if" so we can come in after the game and hold you accountable for your guarantee.

So, maybe you'll need to promise to wear the pink soap avatar for a week, or something equally NON-optimistic, my glass half-full friend.... :hmmm:

8. TexanBearkat

TexanBearkat Rookie

To me the worst loss was last year to Cleveland. Obviously not worst loss by point margin but by what was on the line. Had the opportunity to be an 8-8 team with a victory at home and Cleveland had nothing to play for and punked us.

9. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Hell, the Pats were almost 17 point dogs in the superbowl with the Rams.

The only bet I ever made, it paid off big.

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I'm not quite sure what team this person has been watching, because it sure isn't the Texans he is decribing. That is a huge number, but if I were to place a bet, I would take the Colts and lay the points at home. I think they win by 20-30.

11. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I guarantee you I will be shocked as hell if the Texans win this game. I will back up my guarantee by vowing to eat an entire can of lima beans if a miracle occurs and the Texans win. I'll eat one lima bean if the Texans are competitive.

12. mean mark8

mean mark8 Veteran

Dude, we lost to them 38-20 at home this year. Last year we lost 49-14 in Indianapolis. Doesn't look exactly like a sure bet we'll cover the spread. I actually think they'll come out more ready to play us at home since I feel they were embarrassed to go into half tied with us this year.

13. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

HAHAHAHAHA....I want some of what you're drinking TATWB!!!

14. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

In Indy, Colts flying high, Mathis and Freeney at the DE positions, Edge wanting to pad is stats for his contract, same with Wayne. We may be down 28-0 before we even get a first down.

At least we may see a lot of Jerome Mathis!!!

15. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I wanna hear his "or what" this is interesting. By the way Vinny. They do have something on the line. A chance to be the 2nd undefeated team the NFL has seen.

16. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

I bet you they arent worried about that. They have the playoff spot and homefield almost locked up for good. All they are worring about is not losing a major part of the team in the next 8 weeks (that sounds ridiculous). They are on cruise control like no other team in the NFL right now.

Now when they are 14-0, they may start thinking about it...

17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

His or what will be everything that is opposite of if they win. Plain and simple. If they win he told us so, if we lose...it figures.

Actually he beat me to the thread. I was going to post that this is going to be the best upset in league history.

I still can't believe the attitude around here. Our team doesn't share the same "we're gonna lose" attitude as some of the fans on this board. Maybe this explains why a Super Bowl Championship has never had Houston's name on it.:challenge

18. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

If his hamstring feels better.

19. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

ROFL, and this my friends is why you don't smoke crack and post :yahoo:

20. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

The only thing I can guarantee about the game is that the Colts will be MORE than prepared for the Texans!! They have not been sitting around watching "The Longest Yard" or spending time with their wives, girlfriends/boyfriends:heh: They have been preparing to kick our TEXAN butts all over Indy!! The only way the Texans stand a chance is for Manning, Edge, and Harrison to get hurt on the first play! Ain't gonna happen. Besides, Dungy is a great guy, he will not let them blow us away. He will be playing his practice squad (if he could) by the second half.

Sometimes reality stinks!!