Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I can't get past this.

G

gr8slayer

I know your education level is that of trailer park trash but dont take too long trying to look "masochist" up in the dictionary.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
gr8slayer said:
I know your education level is that of trailer park trash but dont take too long trying to look "masochist" up in the dictionary.
I think we have been good hosts to you. I also don't think that this entire board has been bashing you all week. This kind of post isn't allowed here and I won't sit here and let you troll this board anymore. I warned you earlier.

G

gr8slayer

Vinny said:
I think we have been good hosts to you. I also don't think that this entire board has been bashing you all week. This kind of post isn't allowed here and I won't sit here and let you troll this board anymore. I warned you earlier.
Oh goodness, for resident Texans you all sure are soft. Anyway, Im out of here. Time to go to work, good luck with the rest of the season and kill the Colts for the love of god.

TMac48

Waterboy
I really don't know what to make of today's game. It has almost become humorous to sit and watch how bad we play, and how we encounter the exact same problems every year. I'll admit that I have been one of those who wanted to give the line some time to "jell" and i'll admit that it isn't working. The offensive line is David Carr's protection from the defense, my house protects me from mother nature. If I had holes in the walls of my house, i'd damn sure fix them as soon as I could. (Sorry for the cheesy analogy, but it's the only way i could think to describe it) Something needs to be done. As for the emotion of the team, I agree that there was none. I'm afraid that these guys have become too accustomed to losing. I'm very worried right now, and I don't think I can sit through an entire season of this. All that said, here's hoping we can get a kick in the *** and turn this thing around. Go Texans!
:texflag:

texan0305

Waterboy
:crying: thats how i felt after the game, i guess it could be worse i'm gratefull to jus be alive, hey the saints won woohooo i'm glad for those people they needed something to chear them up....

I still love my texans

Section 625 Row H

"theres always next week, unless theres a bye, or unless it's not football season, then you'll jus have to wait..."

Wolf

100% Texan
I am just completely dumbfounded by the way we played. Preseason or not, we have played very undisciplined the last 3 weeks from 1st string down to 3rd. I didn't expect playoffs this season,but I thought with a break here and there, we would be close. I am not taking anything away from the Bills defense, but this was a complete headscratcher from top to bottom.

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Hervoyel said:
Someone needs to go out there and talk to Babin.

"Ok now Jason, what would Captain Insano do to the runningback?"
I smell an avatar in the future.

I tend to agree with most of your feelings after the game. I was so angry and frustrated during and after the game not because we lost but because we didn't even bother to show up. 22- 7 is a score I'd expect to see in the first or second season, but not coming into the 4th. I've cooled down a bit now, but that may be more a product of the early morning hour than anything else.

If the Texans keep 'performing' like they have been recently then Reliant Stadium is going to have to establish a psych ward.

I was at your game. I was stunned at this one.

1) Your oline - I was stunned at how bad they looked. I know it is only one game but reading some other threads it appears you guys weren't happy to begin with. The Bills front four is not that good. Trust me. Your oline made it look good.

2) Who is coaching Carr? He has zero freedom out there. That playcalling was patheticly boring/stale. When he wasn't flat on his back, I saw one downfield pass all game and a whole lot of predictible swing/short passes that any high school DC could see coming. There was no confidence in the players to make big plays.

3) Effort - Playing on the road isn't easy in the NFL, but the coaches, after several months of preparation, had their players lay an effort egg. I'm sorry for you guys.

4) Andre Johnson - You have IMO one of the truly top talented WRs in the game. He needs 10 touches minimum a game, yet his number was called way too little.

On the bright side, I got to miss my Titans get waxed in Pittsburgh. :(

bbills4life

Practice Squad
torontooilfan said:
I was at your game. I was stunned at this one.

1) Your oline - I was stunned at how bad they looked. I know it is only one game but reading some other threads it appears you guys weren't happy to begin with. The Bills front four is not that good. Trust me. Your oline made it look good.

2) Who is coaching Carr? He has zero freedom out there. That playcalling was patheticly boring/stale. When he wasn't flat on his back, I saw one downfield pass all game and a whole lot of predictible swing/short passes that any high school DC could see coming. There was no confidence in the players to make big plays.

3) Effort - Playing on the road isn't easy in the NFL, but the coaches, after several months of preparation, had their players lay an effort egg. I'm sorry for you guys.

4) Andre Johnson - You have IMO one of the truly top talented WRs in the game. He needs 10 touches minimum a game, yet his number was called way too little.

On the bright side, I got to miss my Titans get waxed in Pittsburgh. :(
How do you figure that Bufflo's front 4 isn't that good???

The strength of your defense IMO is the LBs and secondary. Aside from Adams can you honestly tell me the others are better than average?

It's Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy, Clements and Vincent that are the teeth of that D. (and Adams)

I get the joys of watching your team every week. I don't feel out to lunch on this one. You manhandled a porous oline that made those guys all look like all-pros. The test will come down the road.

BTW, your Jills this year are freaking hot as hell.

texan279

Hall of Fame
I cannot believe there are still people making excuses for Carr...Both he and Capers will be looking for a job after this season if not sooner if this pathetic **** keeps up...

cadahnic

Rookie
People it is not nearly as bad as you all make it out to be. Yeah the offense is ****, but it has been **** for four years now so get over it. We just have to have our athletes make it decent. Bottom line we do not want to fire our whole coaching staff and then go through 2 more years of rebuilding, building (hell i am confused at what we are doing). Davis will do fine, sloan thomas will make plays(my bad) Gaffney, Mahtis, and Bradford will take some pressure off AJ, and Carr will settle the hell down and get the damn ball out of his hands before he looks like steve young around the end of his career.

texan279

Hall of Fame
People it is not nearly as bad as you all make it out to be. Yeah the offense is ****, but it has been **** for four years now so get over it. We just have to have our athletes make it decent. Bottom line we do not want to fire our whole coaching staff and then go through 2 more years of rebuilding, building (hell i am confused at what we are doing). Davis will do fine, sloan thomas will make plays(my bad) Gaffney, Mahtis, and Bradford will take some pressure off AJ, and Carr will settle the hell down and get the damn ball out of his hands before he looks like steve young around the end of his career.
AJ was doubled and triple teamed all day yesterday, we have no real #2 WR to take any pressure off of AJ...

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Well I got a little sleep and I'm feeling no better this morning. I still have that knot in my chest and listening to the interview with David Carr on 610 this morning as I drove to work didn't tell me a thing. They all sound dead to me. Carr sounded lost and kind of hopeless. Casserly last night sounded like he was trying to spin it and get away from Bob Allen's microphone as fast as he could.

I've only read what Capers had to say, I haven't heard it so I have no idea what he sounds like but based on the text I imagine it was the same monotone Dom spewing the same excuses and cliches.

GP

Go Texans!
"I'd like to make something perfectly clear to Mr McNair. We already have one cheap as hell owner in Houston. We don't need two. Drayton does a good enough job of "almost" getting it done. We expect you and your team to get it done. There's a time and a place to overpay and when you say that protecting David Carr is your top priority going into the 2005 season then that's when you overpay if need be. By doing so your protecting your investment in David Carr. If the truth be told you should have done this two years ago. The fact that it's 2005 and this is still a problem makes you look like Drayton McLane. That's not a good thing." -- Hervoyel

----------------------------------------

Wow.

I've said some pretty intelligent things on this board lately, but what you just said was by FAR the most honest, and straight-to-the-heart statement I think I've ever read on this board in the past few years.

cadahnic

Rookie
texan279 said:
AJ was doubled and triple teamed all day yesterday, we have no real #2 WR to take any pressure off of AJ...

I know. I am saying that AJ will get help later on in the season. I mean if the 49ers can win we will be just fine. We just need to attack a defense. The whole offense looked like what the **** is Palmer calling.

texan279

Hall of Fame
I know. I am saying that AJ will get help later on in the season. I mean if the 49ers can win we will be just fine. We just need to attack a defense. The whole offense looked like what the **** is Palmer calling.
And Tim Rattay was 11/16 for 165 yards and 2 TD's, and their defense had 6 sacks and an INT against one of the best offenses in the league...And by the way the Dolphins spanked the Broncos yesterday too, you can't base this season on what the 49er's did last season, this is a new season, and we look worse than we did in our first season...

jaayteetx

All Pro
Its a good thing ole Mr Capers was playing the field position battle with six minutes left and down by 15. How pathetic! What are you hoping for there? Three and out and then get the ball back with what, three or four minutes left? The Texans should have had a flag pole installed on the sidelines right next to the head coach so he could personally run up the white flag!

cadahnic

Rookie
Texan279 come on man, if you believe that the 49ers are a good team or anything above an also-ran team then you dont much about football. We would look great in the NFC West also. What I am saying is simple we are at least as good as the 49ers so we can win some games. If you notice the niners offense and defense is built on attacking, something our team does not due.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
We are not at least as good as the 49ers. No way in the world are we that good.

Teams turn it around in one season all the time cadahnic. Didn't you catch the Chargers act last year? Didn't you see the Steelers last year?

texan279

Hall of Fame
Texan279 come on man, if you believe that the 49ers are a good team or anything above an also-ran team then you dont much about football. We would look great in the NFC West also. What I am saying is simple we are at least as good as the 49ers so we can win some games. If you notice the niners offense and defense is built on attacking, something our team does not due.
Did I say anything about the 49er's being a good team? No. All I said was they beat the Rams and posted some of their defensive stats they put up against the Rams and that you cannot base this season on what teams did last season...

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
cadahnic said:

The 49ers dsont have Capers , Palmer , Fangio and Casserly ..... Is it any wonder that they can win ? :brickwall

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
After our first drive of the season - a quick three and out...I told my buddies, alright, just have to get the focus and settle down.

Then we turn it over in the next two possessions....and...uhhhh...it all went downhill from there.

What can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? Perhaps: PATHETIC!!!

It's one thing to lose, but it's an entirely different matter to NOT TRY TO WIN!! How can they even lack the fire to play? It's like a major flatline.

Face it: this week (and most likely next), a simple math equation:

:texflag: + :texans: - :play: = :loser

Hervoyel

BUENO!
texan279 said:
DB, you picked the BYE over us next week?

The BYE is tough. They just traded two first day picks to the Patriots for Diet Pepsi Machine and it's a contract year for him.

I say we lose to the BYE week by 17. More if Burger King's healthy.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And that is an iffy proposition they way they seem to beat themselves. :(

Can you imagine ESPN: "...and now in an NFL first, the Texans lose their bye week due to lack of blah blah blah..." :heh: