I Believe

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Dec 26, 2011.

?

Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?

1. Hell YEAH!!!

56.1%
  2. hell no

43.9%
  1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I want to know where you are as a fan, do you believe or don't you.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

Will he be talking about you?

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i believe we can win the superbowl. To me it just seems we are destined to, with all the injuries, and the recent 2 game collapse. We go limping into the play-offs, like rocky balboa against the Russian, we appear to be down and out, and then bam, we hit em with a right and a left, we ride that to the AFC championship game where we counter with a deadly upper cut. In the super bowl we go all out MMA on these fools with a round house straight to the head. :texanbill:

thunderkyss likes this.
  3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins were the starting Super Bowl QBs in 2001.

One of them won it. I believe.

4. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I guess you haven't watched the games TJ Yates has started. The Texans scraped by the Bengals and Falcons. Those 2 could have easily been losses. Both games came down to the very end and the Texans were very lucky especially with the dropped ball by Atlanta in the endzone. In the Bengals game the Texans played terrible the 1st half. They were lucky to still be in the game. The 2 losses were to teams with losing records. Carolina has a terrible defense and yet the Texans were unable to move the football. Indy was a 1 win team when the Texans came to town. The refs were bad no doubt but the fact is the Texans did nothing to put this team away. They were beaten by a qb cut by Kubiak.

Now lets move forward to the playoffs. I think there is a 50/50 chance the Texans win at home against the Bengals/Titans/Jets/Raiders. Those teams are beatable with Yates at qb, Andre back and the Texans defense with Wade back. Lets say the Texans make it out with a win. The next game will be against Baltimore or Pittsburgh depending on who wins the division. The Texans couldn't win at Baltimore with Schaub at qb. They beat a wounded Steelers team in Houston (offensive line). I would rather play the Steelers out of those 2 but they have a crap load of playoff experience.

Probably the best chance for the Texans would be that the wildcard team from the AFC north goes up to New England and beats them because the Texans would have 0 chance of beating them unless Brady was on ir. I just don't think the Texans can beat New England/Baltimore/Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs. I'm basing this on the 4 games the Texans have started with Yates. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

5. burro

burro almost sentient

I believe it's possible, because weirder things have happened. Outside of that, I'm just hoping for the best. Perhaps, if Kubiak would take the harness off of T.J. I would be more confident.

6. SrslySirius

SrslySirius Veteran

Cliffnotes version.

EllisUnit likes this.
  7. EllisUnit

:spit:

8. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way our offense has been playing with TJ.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

The easy path would be to say, "hell no".
    So many things have to go right for any team to win the big one. And we haven't exactly looked to be on our "A-game" during the last two weeks (I know, understatement of the year). Truth is, right now, we're a long shot. Just like the Giants were against the undefeated Pats (who had the best QB, best WRs and the best HC in the league) and just like the injured Packers were last year.
    Even longer.
    But, hey, sometimes longshots come through.

So I'm riding this ride as long as it lasts.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

It's possible we might win our first playoff game against whoever the 6th seed is, but after that, once we start facing the likes of Baltimore and New England on the road, it's over.

11. EllisUnit

There i fixed it for you ;)

12. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

If you get there, you can win it.

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl. I believe.

13. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

With our terrible play calling, bad play from the O-line, and the inexperience of Yates I voted Hell No.

14. MistaRed

MistaRed All Pro

I think we can win the wild card game regardless of the opponent. Past that, I'm not sure we can defeat Baltimore or Pittsburgh on the road. I give us a slightly better chance to be the Pats because their defense is so terrible. It all depends on how we perform in the wild card game.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though. Hell no just sounds too negative.

16. EllisUnit

Nothing wrong with a little blind faith, hell i think it is what drives 90% of the world population.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

:) I had blind faith up until around 2005..after that I lost my "football religion" When it comes to football (hell just being a Houston sports fan in general), I'm more of a "big bang" theorist and have more of a scientific P.O.V. LOL, this city has beat the faith out of me.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Actually, that's what I would have voted too. I may, what was it you said, "pump sunshine and crap rainbows" at times but I'm enough of a realist to know that, right now, with most of our offensive arsenal either gimpy or totally gone, and our 3rd string QB only able to average 16 pts/game, we are a very, very, very long shot.

19. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

My thoughts exactly.

20. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Sometimes you just have to rely on a miracle:glasshalffull: