I am the one that wanted a RB in draft last year

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by gafftop, Apr 22, 2010.

1. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Decided I would watch highlights of Ryan Matthews. NOT IMPRESSED In THE LEAST. Doesn't look much better than Chris Brown last year. Upright runner, no moves, no power, Gawd I hope I don't hear his name this year. SICK WE DID NOT PU Thomas Jones or Chester Taylor. Just my opinion.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Something tells me we aren't going to be done with RBs in this draft.

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

So what RB did you want ?

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I think a majority of us wanted a RB somewhere in the draft last year. So, if you get a ribbon, I want one too. :winky:

Señor Stan likes this.
  5. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Shonn Greene in the second.

6. Honoring Earl 34

7. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Last year Green in 2nd. Green in 2nd last year we maybe make playoffs. Barwin last year not a factor. Thomas Jones in FA I would feel a whole lot better than I do now, not that Jones is long term, but for this year we would be stronger at the position. With no moves in FA we now are forced to do something early when maybe a better player would be chosen if our need at RB was not so great. Then again maybe we do nothing AGAIN and pick up another FA or late round draft choice. Jones did not get STUPID money like we paid A Green, but I think Texans scared away from Jones because of move they made with Green. Spillar looks like game breaker but long gone before we draft. Gerhart look interesting. You hardly ever hear them talking about motors on RBs, but it sure seems Gerhart has a high motor while Matthews has a slow motor. Just my opinion.

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

How many times have we heard that about players who disappoint? Barwin was awesome in preseason last year

9. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Will ribbons be handed out next year at this time for those of us who want a CB in this draft?

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Possibly, if so, I get one again too

11. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

There could be a major ribbon shortage in the Houston area.

HOU-TEX likes this.
  12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

:lol: Very true!

13. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Based on where we are with Spillar gone I don't want a RB in the first. Gerhart in the 2nd would be nice, but maybe a pipe dream.

14. Goldensilence

Question was which RB I liked and when. I was looking for Shonn Greene in the second or Max Unger.

Impressing in workouts is easy. It's what he does on the field that is going to matter. I don't see Barwin as being a 15 sack guy, but if he does turn into one I'll be pleasantly surprised.

15. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Doesn't look much better than Chris Brown? You decided that by just watching a couple highlights? The guy averaged 6.6 yrds a run when opposing defenses were putting eight man fronts. Chris Brown is as slow as molasses. Mathews runs a 4.45 40. The only similarity is that they run upright and that's it.

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If we don't get three very good prospects first thru 3rd rounds, I'm going to be...

17. Honoring Earl 34

I think Barwin will do well because he's got a lot of talent and a motor like Cushing .

RB is one of the easiest places for a rookie to have success while DE is one of the hardest so I think we'll find out if Barwin is the real deal this season .

I would also wager Shonn Greene wouldn't get 300 yards behind our OL . The Jets had the best run blocking OL in the league .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  18. Goldensilence

I like Barwin's motor. The guy is really raw as a football player, but has a ton of athleticism.

I keep hearing how great he is in workouts. Awesome. Hopefully part of his training with boxing and MMA stuff he learns how to use his hands and body leverage in pass rushing. I think he can turn into an effective part time pass rusher. It's just going to come down to the number of snaps he gets this season.

Barwin's a classic early Kubiak pick. Total boom or bust. At least Jones is showing signs finally.

For my money if Arian Foster could look decent the last couple of games behind the line I think Shonn Greene would've been at least equally effective if not more so.

19. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

[​IMG]

20. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

The problem with Sour grapes in April, if he gives the Charges any kind of a running game in September, he'll be worth the picks they sacrificed. At this point I'm hoping they do take Gerhart next. After the Jackson pick, the sooner they bottom out the sooner we can deconstruct the team and start over. Yes Dorthy we are the Oilers Part II. They were due a bad draft.