I am so confident in our front office that...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanFan881, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I will bet any of you doubters that we will get Michael Bennett on our roster. Hutch gave me the idea and I am willing to challenge any of you that want to bet. Since the last bet didn't work out to well here are the guidlines.

1.) You must specifically say in your post that you will bet me. There will be no poll considering some people (me included) don't read the post before I would vote.

2.) If you win, in my sig I will include the names of each winner in my sig. If I win, all of you losers include my name in your sig. This has to be in default size or bigger, not in font 2 so nobody can read it. If a lot of people bet and I lose, maybe Vinny or any of the mods can help me fit all of your screenames in my sig

I challenge all of you to challenge me :challenge

This is the list of the people who are betting. If you want to remove yourself from the bet you have 48 hours after your post to say something.

Michael Bennett Bet
    1.) dunta23
    2.) PowerfulDragon
    3.) Hutch13
    4.) mexican_texan
    5.) swtbound07

2. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i will be you that we will not get michael bennet before the season starts

might happen during the season, or at the trade deadline, but if you wanna accept my offer than you can

3. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

What offer? There was no "offer" in there. LOL

4. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

TexanFan881 I would love to have Bennett on the team. But the last I heard was N.O. was going to keep him because of McAllisters injuryes they are not so sure adout his ACL. Again, would love to have a pro-bowler in the back field but how much are the texans going to have to give up? As for your bet I am very new to this and I have KNOW clue as to what your talking adout.(I'll ask my daughter when she gets home)

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Yes there is: If you win, I put your screename in my sig. If you lose, you put my screename in your sig. It's pretty simple.

6. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

I'll take you up on that bet.

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

lol, a sig is like my thing that says: Don’t tell me what you’re going to do, tell me what you've done. You don't have a sig right now. Like if you won, I would put your name in my sig so instead of saying Don’t tell me what you’re going to do, tell me what you've done, it would say Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry, as well as everybody else's name that won.

8. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

And dunta23, I accept your offer, because I believe he will be on our roster by opening day, if not earlier.

9. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

ok, good doin bussiness with you, lol

10. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

whether we get him or not depends alot more on New Orleans than on our Front Office.

If Deuce is ready to go soon.. and if Reggie is ready to go and thier coaching staff beleives that he can be an effective starter... THEN, we have a chance of getting Bennet.

But.. if either Deuce or Reggie are questionable.. then we wont be getting him. Both of them require another quality running back on the depth chart behind them.. and Bennet is that guy for N.O.

11. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

i will bet u that we wont get bennett before the eagles game

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I belive that that once they sign Reggie Bush they will feel safe enough at RB as they have spent a ton of money there and Aaron Stecker served as a #2 back last year and did decent for them. Even though I think both Reggie and Duece will be ready, I just think Reggie needs to sign in order to give us a shot at Bennett. But I could definately be wrong.

13. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I think he is comming here..........soon as Duce is healthy and reggie is signed, he will be traded OOORRRR Chris Brown.

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I'll take you up on that. I don't think the Saints have enough confidence in their RB squad to trade Bennet. McAllister is recovering, Bush has skinny legs and is a rookie, and I doubt they have much confidence in their other RB's.

15. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Ok, explain to me why you think Bennet is such a necessety on our team. I mean I can see the advantages of having him, but we can get by without him. We already have a back with a history of injury, why would we want to add another. I hate how long the other thread has gone on without any real news. Only speculation. Why are you so confident that the Saints are willing to give him up. I mean they have a rookie who they haven't signed yet and won't shoulder the load and another who is recovering from injury. Getting rid of a solid backup before seeing McCallister perform for a few weeks wouldn't be wise. No I don't want to bet, I just don't get this obsession with Bennet. I could understand the Moulds deal, but why Bennet?

16. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

TexanFan881 Thank you for explaining sig. for me. I'm new but I will catch on someday.(I hope)Thanks again. I'll work on getting one.

17. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

No, no, not you. I mean Dunta23 didn't offer you anything.

He said: "i will bet you that we will not get michael bennet before the season starts, might happen during the season, or at the trade deadline, but if you wanna accept my offer than you can"

Just saying that HE didn't offer you anything but said he did.
    Not a big deal, i was just goofin around anyway.

18. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

19. Blu

Blu All Pro

the Texans are on the phone with Chicago about Kevin Vasher.:poker:

What you're talking about is a sig bet. It should consist of a picture and smack included, until Vinny updates the site for such a thing.... this site will look weak.

Click on the link below for a sample sig.

:texans:
    Blu

20. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

Kevin, isnt it Nathan