hypothetical would u do it??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thetexanator, Sep 14, 2005.

1. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

i was a big supporter of drafting dc out of the gate, but it seems like hes not going to turn out to be the stud i thought he was. yeah the oline....... anyway, im seeing guys who are showing more potential or who i consider to be on the same level as dc. palmer, leftwich, ben. this class is going to be huge for qb's, leinart, jacobs, dare i say VY? anyway trade dc to tenn for their 1st and volek. we get a 1-4 pick and a qb who is on par with dc and we can bring jacobs or leinart along slowly. i just see more potential for those two. what do u guys think? worst case were stuck with dbrickashaw ferguson at lt and volek at qb. :drool:

2. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Kind of funny, because you are trading one Fresno State QB for another.

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

No way Tennessee gives up Volek for Carr in a straight trade much less throw in a draft pick. He's the Air apparent and a much better QB than Carr.

4. supertankman

supertankman Rookie

Why dont you guys make your decision or express opinions about DC after this season. There is no way in hell they will bench DC or trade him until everyone sees how this season progresses and its only been one game folks!

5. the wonger need food

Incorrect my man. The wheels started falling off of Big Dave's wagon in week 9 last year.

6. Elite

Elite Veteran

Sorry you actually believed the hype about carr some of us knew all along he was going to be a bust serviceable at best he was never worth a 1st pick overall. peppers would of been the natural and smart pick you just cant put your franchise hopes on a qb the played his college ball in the wac conference i mean thats why we had the trent dilfers that prove that much in the past. trent dilfer was a better qb for fresno state and that not saying much when you cant be as good as trent dilfer. well thats my :twocents: i wish our gm would of been smart enough to see david carr was a wasted pick.
    but honestly Casserly was the GM to draft Heath Shuler :brickwall oh my i wish we had a time machine. :texflag:

7. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

man i completely forgot about shuler. i never put that together, casserly drafted shuler. well ive still got his rookie card if anyone wants to wipe their

8. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

No way would the Titans give us that.

9. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

It would take a hell of a lot more problems before we started looking at another QB. And with the QBs being the high prospects this year, they will probably go fast. Texans should stick to looking for a TE or a #2 man. Course, this is all speculation going on what - 9 months from now?

10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Last year the board thought it was obvious we needed a stud left tackle at this point. How times have changed in the past week. I'll watch a few more games and gather a little more data before I make up my mind.

11. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

In one sense this comment makes a lot of sense from a technical point of view in a funny way, because when Volek was at Fresno State he ran the Veer which is probably more in line with what Capers wants to do. Carr actually fits better in the type of offense Chow wants to run at Tennessee. Again, I really feel that the problem is Capers in that he can't use what Casserly is giving him in the way of players. If the player doesn't fit Caper's mold it's a big waste even though by Casserly's standards the player is the best left on the board....................

12. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Volek is the only QB in the NFL right with a lower passer rating than Carr...lol

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Carr was 12th last year in passing yards let's not go to extreme after a bad opener. Based off last season, I think we need other priorities in the coming offseason. Too early in this season to know what to look for later.

Agree with the above, no way Titans make a trade like that - mainly because they're not the "agressor" in your trade scenario.

14. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Carr is a great QB and in the same mold of a young Brett Favre. He has a cannon and heart plus he is mobile. Once the offense and offensive playcalling get right you *******s will be eating your words. Do we really want to be the falcons that let B.F. get away.

15. the wonger need food

Carr has not played what could be considered a good game since the week 8 game against Jax last year. He has thrown for 200+ yards once (208 against the Bears in week 15). The guy is shot and it's time to start looking elsewhere for our franchise QB.

16. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Yea, that MUST be it. You know, since no good QBs come from small/non-BCS conferences right. I'm gonna read you off a list of names, let's see what they have in common, shall we?

Pennington
    Warner
    Culpepper
    Leftwich
    Roethlisberger
    McNair
    Favre
    Losman
    Delhomme
    Rattay
    Alex Smith

Now what do these players have in common??

17. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Their names all have vowels in them?

18. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Yeah we should have got Jason White....

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

None of them were the first pick in the draft, except for Smith.

20. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

How many more variables are we gonna throw out there to dog Carr? His last name has fewer letters than any of them? He's the only one of them to play for a school whose first letter was F?