HPF:Buchanon,the olive branch

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

wow, not sure how to take this. got to re-read it.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout139.html

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

YEP, that was still a rip on the team.. and I admit it is painful on Sundays again but I know it takes time to clean house. (well heck we have pretty much taken a bulldozer and scraped the foundation.)

3. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

I think the foundation might be cracked. We should fix it with Atlas, and fix it for good.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Patience is a virtue.. and is apparently a very rare commodity with our fans.

It is quickly reaching that point where many Texans fans are gonna have to decide if they are here for the long haul..to support the team until all the pieces are in place.. or if they are gonna give up football, or move on to a different team.

Whichever the fans decide on, I look forward to a sharp decrease in worthless, inflammatory, sarcasm ridden articles.

5. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

Brutal but true.

6. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Well, I still think we are 12-4 this year, so I dont mind.

7. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Amen Brotha'

8. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

If you are from Houston, you know how the majority of the so called fans are. When we have a winning team, EVERYBODY is a fan. WOOHOO!!! But when it gets rough, Where are they? Many people can't even name two people on the team. Carr is the only one they may know. What really gets annoying is when people who don't know jack about sports start talking about the texans like they watch the team. All they can say is the team sucks, Carr is no good, etc. Then you ask them something about football or a certain player and they are like what? who? All they know is what the hear on the news. Texans lost. Then they think they are experts. It the same way with any other major team Houston has. Astros and Rockets are perfect examples. When The Astros won last year and made it the world series, everyone was a fan. They couldn't name 10 players on the team with looking at the starting line up, but WOOOHOOO!!! GO ASTROS!!!! This year, the same people are saying they suck and all the astros have is Lidge!!! WHAT!!! Rockets, Same thing!!! You know, If you are a fan, be a fan, don't sound like an ***** who thinks they know something!!!

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep. :howdy:

I'm in it for the long haul, so patience is not even a question, it's a requirement.

BUT, I'm showing my displeasure by boycotting these marketing ploys like 'battle red day'. I'll still go to all the games, renew my tickets and all that jazz, but I just won't be spending the money to support ineffective marketing gimmicks. My custom liberty white jersey will proudly shine through all that red in the stands, and that's my statement of protest.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

from the article.

I don't remember the contract details but would McKinney and Weigart fit the bill of being cut and having more "dead money"? ( almost wonder if they are next)

11. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

You don't have to buy a red jersey, but please wear red. It matters. It is part of making a bunch of random individuals in the stand a part of the team.

This is what Byron Leftwich says about it: “It’s a tough stadium to play in because you know they’re going to want to win their football game. Anytime you play on the road and the way the stadium’s built it kind of makes it loud. Are they wearing red this week? It seems like every time they wear their red that makes the fans more excited. We’ve been in there before. We’ve been in there before and we understand what to expect. We’ve got to make sure we’re ready to play.”

(dont have a link yet)

Besides the white ruins the picture. My favorite all time picture of Reliant is the fisheye picture of the whole stadium being red.

And besides there may be something scientific to it and not just marketing. Teams that wear red win more. The Texans are 3-2 in Red. The color red could not combat Pendry.

:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

12. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Then throw in Pitts and Carr ... they have been here through all this losing .

13. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

Pitts and Carr are original Texans. They didn't play for other teams.

14. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

You know what ... I completely agree .... except with the part about the "sharp decrease in ..... sarcasm ridden articles" ..... there are people on this message board, some new members, some more established members, that are more comfortable posting negativity ...... :twocents:

15. Heywood

Heywood Veteran

i agree with keith and like his article, excepting his climactic senenc which needs to be broken into two.

16. Samer

Samer Veteran

I totally have to agree..I am a Texans/Astros/Rockets fan and have been for many many years. I live in Canada and probably know more about the players, stats, and all that than what most people in Houston do...just because they loose doesn't mean that Im not gonna follow.

17. Erratic Assassin

Erratic Assassin All Pro

When were we ever a winning team? Despite going on our 5th consecutive losing season, this website is and always has been full of Texans fans. Keep in mind that the fans here only represent a fraction of the Texans fans. Our entire existence has been a "tough time".

18. Doug

Doug All Pro

I believe he's referring to any Houston team (Rockets, Astros, Texans, Comets, Aeros, etc.) not just the Texans.

19. dockoonce

dockoonce Rookie

Some of the fans need to reach WAY back. I remember going to some of the final Oiler games when nothing mattered. I'm not going anywhere. I remember Houston without football. I think almost making it several times and screwing up is much worse then losing a bunch of games till you get it turned around. I remember one Oiler/Buffalo game in particular. Sooner or later the tide will turn. I've seen lots of really crappy teams turn into playoff teams. So have many of you...

20. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

We have won 3 of the last 21 games. It would be almost impossible to get any worse than it is now. I think the people here now are the loyal die hards. Let the Texans win 12 or 13 games or make the playoffs, and you'll see a ton of new ''fans'' show up. Both around town and on these boards.