HPF:Breaking Down the Offseason-Defense

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

didn't see this posted but here is a review (little old on the date) but with good info IMO

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/review/review70.html

2. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

I don't think T. Johnson will make the final team.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't think so either

4. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Someone needs to tell this ***** that Bruce Smith had help from unsung NT Jeff Wright as well as the more widely known OLB's Cornelius Bennett and Darryl Talley while Reggie White had help from NT Gilbert Brown and DE Sean Jones when he played with Green Bay.

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

WOW!!! Can't ya just feel the negative vibes?? I kinda like the fact that we have so many quality Dlinemen to rotate in and out, as long as the rotating in and out doesn't wear them out. :shades:
    There are plusses and minusesto everything and Kubes and Co. seem to think that by increasing our playmaking ability with the front 5 ( including Ryans on this), we can make the weaknesses of the secondary minimal. I tend to agree with this approach. It's easier to expect 4 or 5 guys to stop a run or get to the QB in a hurry rather than expect 4 guys in coverage to not get burned while waiting for "spare parts" on the Dline to get to the QB. It's a pricey way to do business right now, but once you solidify one section of the D, maybe we could trade our way into a solid #2 CB or FS with one of these guys (not MW or AO) or just continue to build from within with the draft. Gonna beinteresting to see how the cap will work out once some of these young studs reach the end of their 1st contract!! I'm betting we don't see anymore HUGE wastes of money- DC's contract extension not withstanding.