HPF: Bob takes charge of the Texans off-season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

If this was posted before..I apologize

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/review/review38.html

BTW rest of the article talks about Carr's option

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

some of the stuff he says to me makes sense, but I think this club is a little more talented than what we show. I think that with a good coaching staff.we would jump back on target (given the FA era of NFL) toward the playoffs.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

this I gotta see :drool: "Vinny can be my advance scout as well as quarterbacks coach."

4. I'd fire Bob after that plan, he's be gone by 2006.

5. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I guess its an interesting concept. But I dont see how they can make some of those personnel decisions without attending practices. Are they really going to hand the reigns over to Ragone? What is that decision based on, the 2 games he played in preseason?

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

That goes along with what I have said for quite some time now:

Kubiak for HC and Chizik for D-Coordinator.

Kubiak is young, on the rise, and handles a zone blocking scheme and a somewhat error-prone QB. Seems like a good fit.

Chizik is straight money. Nobody goes from one program (Auburn) to another one the next year (Texas) and pitches two straight seasons of shut-out ball.

All the talk about Singletary (Houston is his hometown) and Wade Phillips (Dad coached the Oilers) is amateur hour. Just because someone has a "name" or a "face" doesn't translate into success with what we have on this team.

We need the right pieces to this puzzle, and I think Kubiak-Chizik would be a heck of a one-two punch. McNair should throw as much money as he can afford to those two guys. No more amateur hour in Reliant.

7. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Who would be our O-Coordinator? Does Kubiak handle it for a season or 2? Not wise for a 1st time coach in his 1st season to pull double duty. Especially when he has been with a coach that has always had a great go-to guy there to help (that would be himself of course).

8. GP

GP Go Texans!

O-coordinator would be someone that Kubiak picks. A guy who has been in the NFL for as long as Kubiak would know or have a list of guys already made up in his head of who he thinks could do the job.

That's the beauty of getting a new HC: Pick an HC that sets the tone for your team, and then the HC subsequently gathers up the remaining pieces of the puzzle to finish out the staff. The staff will resemble Kubiak and his philosophy...which seems to be zone-blocking run style with a heavy dose of making sure the QB stays upright and can throw the ball. Sounds good to me.

Anybody who can take Plummer and turn that mess around is OK with me.

Kubiak has to look and Carr and see that there is definitely some potential left in those shoulder pads and helmet, and Kubiak has the credibility for taking an error-prone (but yet physically gifted) QB and turning it around. Out of all the other teams in the league, why wouldn't Kubiak want to take a job in his home state, with facilities like we have, and with the budding talent in Carr, DD, Wells, Morency, AJ, Dunta, and a high draft pick in the upcoming draft? He has to see what Wells and Morency have done in DD's absence and just be licking his chops at the chance to do the same thing he did in Denver (Bell, Anderson, Dayne) with DD, BUSH?, Wells, and Morency!

It just f-e-e-l-s right, if you ask me. Plus, you know Kubiak knows from working with Shanahan how to maximize the OC-HC relationship.