How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanSam, May 3, 2008.

1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I found what Don Banks of SI had to say of the Taylor-Parcells feud interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/05/02/movers/index.html
    How would you guys feels if a Texans player, particularly a high profile one, did this in the offseason?

Personally, I would not have a problem with it. It's not like it's easy to do the types of dances that they do on that show and it looks like it's a great way to stay in shape, something that football players (and athletes in general) have to focus on after the season. I don't know how much football related stuff there is to work on at this time in the offseason. Anyway, would you guys approve or disapprove if a player such as Demeco Ryans or Andre Johnson did something like this?

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I'd be fine with it. I'd just hope that they did well so I wouldn't feel guilty about voting for them.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I wouldn't care. The danger factor is no greater than training (I guess). Texan or not I still wouldn't watch.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I have better things to do than watch it .... They have more important things to concentrate on than a silly TV show .... Im w/ Parcells on this one .

5. Xetuoh1836

Xetuoh1836 Rookie

If my team (I block that thought from my mind) was coming off a 2-14 season, and he was "Dancing with the Has-beens", and not "focused" on his team, then, yes, I'd have a problem...

6. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I would be pretty embrassed and upset Football season is coming up do everything u can to step your game up physical and mental !!!!!

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I recommend the cheerleaders instead.

8. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I'd like to say it wouldn't bother me - but it would bother me. I guess I'm old school. I don't want my football team prancing and flailing around on national TV. Not that I would badmouth them - I would just have no reaction, much like Parcells.

9. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Eric Winston is going to be on the show next spring.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

* shrugs *

I don't care, and their off time from the team is not my concern as long as it doesn't impact their duties for the team. Unless they show up on Battlestar Galactia episode I wouldn't see them on non-football related TV anyway.

Hey, Super Mario as the 5th Cylon is not a bad idea!

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Seems to me a certain player was taken to task for not putting in the time and effort involved to be a good player. The same logic should apply here. Save that crap for retirement.

12. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

As long as it's the off-season and they're not breaking the law, who cares? It's their time to with as they please.

b0ng likes this.
  13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I agree with PapaL. If they're not breaking the law, it's their business what they do during the off season. Payton Manning spent his off season making commercials, Ephram and Chester had a little fun on Ellen, and I'm sure other players do unusual things during the off season no one knows about. WHO CARES, as long as they don't voilate their contracts and stay healthy. Dancing takes more discipline, coordination, and skill than football anyway. I applaud Jason Taylor for doing the show. He's damn good at it too!! It just might make him a better football player, if that's possible!:dance:

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I thought they cancelled the caveman show...

AnthonyE likes this.
  15. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I agree.

16. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

If my old memory serves me right seems I can recall players taking ballet lessons. Claimed it helped them on the field.

Maybe during the Pardee run and shoot years? ..idonno:

Hell, I don't remember. Where did I leave my cup of coffee?

:coffee:

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Jason Taylor staying in shape during the offseason while having fun is bad. Lawrence Taylor's behavior during the season and off season with his extra curicullars was good.

Parcells is a jerkagogue with some success without Belichick on his staff.

18. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I, for one, think it is a great idea as long as it doesn't interfere with team obligations. Dancing is one of the best ways to stay in shape, and with the kind of work they have to put in to be good for that show, lets me know what kind of work ethic they have. I actually think being on that show would help Mario become a much better player. It would help his balance and agility, and probably give him a lot more endurance.

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

This is true. I remember pics circulating around at the time with players hanging on to a ballet barr! Really pretty funny, at the time.

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

you forgot the :sarcasm: smiley...some people on here just might think you actually thought that way.