How Some Are Happy I Do Not Know

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at. AJ and Matt played pitch and catch all game long. They picked on D Rob the whole game. They just played down to the Rams level of play and are very lucky to have won this game. Just no real fire or sparkle with this team it is like alright, we win yay who cares. The Rams should been blown out today peeing and craping in their pants and they were not. Sixteen points is very sad against the Rams I am just being honest here folks. Our team is pretty bad when as are all excited about a three point win over a one win team when the game ended I was thankful of course but then I just laughed, roared and then just shook my head.

2. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

D Rob's been picked on all season. nothing new there. we won't be able to consistently blow out bad teams until we do something about our running game.

3. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

They clearly did not prepare for this team. They probably thought they didn't have to because it's the Rams. It's kind of like the Oakland game last year. We went in after a big win and took it too easy.

Of course, I'll take the W, but this team still has mucho problemo.

4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

DRob is not anything new you are right but they were just craping in their boots all game long.

5. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Yay, we won 2 games in a row!
    Yay, we are back to .500!

I mean, what's there not to be happy about?

:sarcasm:

6. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

It amazes me that the "no moral victories" crowd, who will say that our losses by 3 points are inexcusable, are largely the same crowd who won't accept a win by 3 points!! Its a freakin win!! Just like when you guys say a loss is a loss, wins work the same way.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

don't forget

Matt over 4000 yards passing
    team record 4th win on the road

:truck:

8. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

They may be getting laughed at, but it's not for this game and if it is, it's by two camps-- the sick-of-it-all Texans fans OR the VY fanboiz.

Nobody is laughing at the Texans for not blowing out the Rams any more than they are laughing at the defending NFC champs for not blowing out the Detroit Lions.

Yes, they played uninspired, sloppy football and were fortunate to get the win...but they won, and that's all that really matters. That is the only thing the rest of the league notices. We gnash our teeth regardless because that is what Texans fans are good at. Just don't mistake your frustration for anyone else's.

9. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Haha right.

In all seriousness, yeah we won which is good. However, I wont be celebrating or anything like that. It was an ugly win if there was such a thing. You beat a lowly Rams team by 3 points. Nothing to get excited about(even if you did win by 30 points). The mistakes, flaws, etc are still there.

10. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

AFREAKINMEN

11. treduke

treduke All Pro

a win is a win
    i could only imagine what the boards would be like if they lost
    at this point i would be happy with 9-7 while i think change is needed
    kubes probably will get one more year

12. Ghostform

Ghostform Veteran

its amazing how ppl get excited over 2 games we are suppose to win easy...this will never make up for the 4 straight division losses. Definately nothing to be proud of these past 2 weeks...

13. Livid13

Livid13 Veteran

I know I'm going to get ostracized about this, so have at it . What in the WORLD are you complaining about ? They WON the freaking game ! It's a road game and sometimes they end up ugly. The point is BEYOND valid about LOSING a game(s) by a field goal. I'll take a win anytime. WHOM in their collective right mind(s) would laugh at the Texans ? Tell me, I want to know. Is there some cadre of NFL fans that live to see the Texans play "ugly", or blow a game at the end. This team isn't NEAR the center of the NFL universe. "Laughed at", give me a break.....

14. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

that win/loss column is way too small to add all the thoughts that fans and critics would want to put in there, but just big enough to place a "W".

Rams came to play, and we made almost enough mistakes to let them get away with a win...key word is almost.

new week...new opponent in the Dolphins.

:fans:

15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Oh no we'll take the win, just not too happy about what should've been an easy win over one of the worst teams in the league.

If this was a game vs Miami or N.E this would not have been a win. I just really want to believe that Kubiak will have the team better prepared next week, but I can just never count on it.

16. sportfan73

sportfan73 Rookie

who cares if it was by 3 or 30, a win is a win

It's going down as a win in the record book, I think Popovich had a great line last night after the Spurs barely beat the Pacers, "That was a win that you would categorize as an ugly win. But, we don't give them back and we're happy to have this one"

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's not too bad.

Only the Ravens have moved to 8-6. We're at 7-7 along with Miami, Jacksonvile, NYJets, Tennessee & Pittsburgh.

18. worldlyman

worldlyman Veteran

The Steelers, Super Bowl Champions currently, dropped games to the lowly Browns, Raiders and Chiefs in a stretch, yet the Texans are so-called laughingstocks?

No Texan fan should be thrilled or overjoyed, but to pull out a win in a hostile environment is still something to be happy about. I don't care if the Rams are a 1 win team so far. They're still an NFL team, with a dangerous weapon in Stephen Jackson.

In the hardest hitting division, it's not exactly a shame to lose to the Titans, Jags and Colts in a stretch. The Texans simply need to learn from those and move on.

But "laughingstock?" Why not root for some other team if that's what your perspective has come to?

For pretty much the whole year, how can the Texans be a "laughingstock" when they've contested losses that were 8 points or less (aside from opening day)?

So-called snarky "fans" always moaning about something.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    GlassHalfFull and Goatcheese like this.
  19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Gary I look at like being real hungry and going to the only restaurant that's open . You eat a lot and get full but it wasn't really very good . At the end of the day you did get full and you didn't get sick so it's a win .

20. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

would you rather be this guy?
    [​IMG]