Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How much abuse should David have to take?

as a person...none
as a football player. for what he is getting paid. He deserves criticism (some of it is unjust) esp in the last half of this season and the last half of the season before

I was one of the people that thought that Carr would be able to perform last year. I thought he would perform at least at an average to slightly above average level.

I was wrong and I can admit that.

Just goes to show the versatility of this forum. We can act as each others own little support group.

I was wrong too Pencil Neck but i cant let go....1 more year damit!! HELP!!

Maybe Kubiack doesn't have everyone in place that he wanted/needed to make Carr more productive in 2006? What if he knows what he's doing and proves the civilians wrong this year?

I think he knows more than most and we'll see a change. If not then he'll find a way to trade this thing out.

How many one more years do we need for Carr? I thought it was one more year last year and the year before.:elmo:

Just goes to show the versatility of this forum. We can act as each others own little support group.

I was wrong too Pencil Neck but i cant let go....1 more year damit!! HELP!!

I think one more is in order also.I do Remember Kubiak saying that he made a Qb out of Plummer,and he will do the same with Carr.Not sure at this point if he has given up or not,so i think i will wait till he gives up on Carr before i Throw him under the bus.

Something about the Capers Era just Tells me there wasn't alot of Great Coaching going on and maybe QB coaching was a bit overlooked because of that offensive line,and well, a Qb getting a great coach for just one season doesn't mean he will be great at first.You guys all know that a pot of Chili or a pot of beans is Better after being in the fridge overnight.ok that is my one post for this year,see you all next off season.:includeme:

Well, I have a hard time seeing over the OLine so I can't throw too many passes.

And I do know where the draft forum is.

Looking for levity, Vinny.

One thing I couldn't help but notice over the last two and a half years is that a David Carr thread is not the best place to find some levity. The "fun" went out of anything to do with that subject halfway through 2004. Since then it's been plain ugly.

How is it that you don't want anybody bashing Carr yet you're willing to bash Dunta and everone else who doesn't see it your way?...

Glad you asked. Thats easy to answer. I have NO PROBLEM criticising someone who betrays a teammate on national TV. He asked for it. (Conversely, David never has) If you (or anyone else) thinks driving a knife into a teammates back on ESPN is OK, well, I just feel sorry for you. And "everyone else"??? Well, I just hate to see a human being take a public beating far worse than any he took on the field. Have a great day.

Its hard to be patient when your QB throws for ONE more TD pass (that mattered - he also had one in garbage time vs the Jets) than Elle did in the last ten games of the season last year...in career starts 65 to 75, so he is not spring chicken anymore.

I keep seeing this 2 passing TD's for 10 games argument used as a crime against humanity... Let's review:

The Texans went 4-6 in their last 10 games (4-4 if you count the last eight, which is, IMO, respectable)

The Texan TD's in their last 10 games (FG's left out):

Ten - 3 pass TD's (1, 2 & 10 yds) by Sage in mop up. (loss)

NYG - D. Carr 2 yd run (only TD in game) (loss)

Jax - Lundy 1 yd run (only TD in game) (win)

Buf - Lundy 17 yd run, Gado 1 yd run, D Robinson 9 yd INT return (loss)

NYJ - A Johnson 3 yd TD pass f/Carr (only TD in game) (loss)

Oak - Lundy 3 yd run, Faggins 58 yd fumble recovery (win)

Ten - Dayne 2 run TD's of 1 and 2 yds (OT loss)

NE - Dayne 1 yd run (only TD in game) (loss)

Indy - Dayne 2 run TD's of 3 yds and 6 yds, Leach 4 yd pass f/Carr (win)

Cle - C Taylor 5 yd run, Maddox 50 yd fumble recovery (win)

-----------

I could care less about the QB passing TD stats as long as they win. I'll take 4 rushing TD's or whatever (defense TD, returns, etc). I'm hearing Herm Edwards ("Hello? You play to win the game") right now....

That's absolutely right Arky. I don't care if the QB doesn't throw a TD pass all year long if the team goes 12-4 and is on it's way to the playoffs.

If course I expect to pay that QB who throws no touchdowns a lot less than I would one who averaged a couple of TD's a game. I'd expect to pay the "game manager" (not that there's anything wrong with that) a lot less than the Texans pay David Carr.

this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

go ____ yourself carr, k thanks bye

nuff said

Hey, I agree with you to the fullest 110% of it. Don't bite your tongue. Say what needs to be said. Carr sucks...that is the end of it. I'm tired myself everyone defending Carr like he is the team's saviour from day one of the franchise. I did not see improvement or potential and we won't see it. He has been in this business too long. He needs to take the wasted invested money and go coach a little league team.:wheel:

That's absolutely right Arky. I don't care if the QB doesn't throw a TD pass all year long if the team goes 12-4 and is on it's way to the playoffs.

If course I expect to pay that QB who throws no touchdowns a lot less than I would one who averaged a couple of TD's a game. I'd expect to pay the "game manager" (not that there's anything wrong with that) a lot less than the Texans pay David Carr.

Yeah, I hear ya. Don't get me wrong - 2 TD passes in 10 games is not what you're looking for.... But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Some people focus on the negative - i.e 2 TD passes in 10 games. Then again, some of us look at 2 TD passes in 10 games and 9 TD passes in 6 games.

Re: the QB's salary, ya, that's a lot of money. It is All-pro money but I don't begrudge a player for getting all they can. I think it would have made more sense for the QB to prove himself an all-pro and then give him the big payday rather than the other way around. I see the current situation as a management error. They could have probably signed him for cheaper....

Glad you asked. Thats easy to answer. I have NO PROBLEM criticising someone who betrays a teammate on national TV. He asked for it. (Conversely, David never has) If you (or anyone else) thinks driving a knife into a teammates back on ESPN is OK, well, I just feel sorry for you. And "everyone else"??? Well, I just hate to see a human being take a public beating far worse than any he took on the field. Have a great day.

I can see the public part of your post, and didn't even like it last season when Kubiak was trying to use it as a motivational tool but-what I'm sick and tired of is a grown man who can not get results at his job and has a fan base that makes excuses for that failure.

You people can accept Carr getting 'special' treatment for his failure that does not exist in the real world, but absolutely can not accept the criticism that goes with it...or at least it does to every other human being that tries to make an honest living...

Criticizing a person for for not being able to do 'parts' of their job (and praising them when they do) is normal...especially after 5 yrs. But, the 'walk on water' treatment that Carr gets, is insane and probably contributes to his less than stellar 'play' on the field...and that's putting it nicely.:yahoo:

Hey, I agree with you to the fullest 110% of it. Don't bite your tongue. Say what needs to be said. Carr sucks...that is the end of it. I'm tired myself everyone defending Carr like he is the team's saviour from day one of the franchise. I did not see improvement or potential and we won't see it. He has been in this business too long. He needs to take the wasted invested money and go coach a little league team.:wheel:

IMO our team has far greater needs than a QB. But for some reason thats all ya'll talk about (really gets old) The game of football hasn't changed, you win the battle at the line you win the game. When you can run at will on a team then your able to throw on them not the other way around. When you concently stop the run and put alot of pressure on the QB then you win games. When your front 7 on defense dominates then your DB's look like all-pros not the other way around. Bottom line this team had a really good draft last year and praying for another this year. And ya'll can call me Carr homer or whatever but I am a Texans fan and I want whats best for the team not a scape-goat to put down. I want a solid built team when we have that we will move to the next level.

Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?
How much is too much?:crutch:

I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment the abuse is NOT HIS FAULT, he is QB he has ball in his hands, throw it away..if chased and know you can make nothing happen roll out of box and throw it away..no sack no hit NO ABUSE

Yeah, I hear ya. Don't get me wrong - 2 TD passes in 10 games is not what you're looking for.... But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Some people focus on the negative - i.e 2 TD passes in 10 games. Then again, some of us look at 2 TD passes in 10 games and 9 TD passes in 6 games.

Re: the QB's salary, ya, that's a lot of money. It is All-pro money but I don't begrudge a player for getting all they can. I think it would have made more sense for the QB to prove himself an all-pro and then give him the big payday rather than the other way around. I see the current situation as a management error. They could have probably signed him for cheaper....

In the real world, how long would you be able to keep your job if you only worked 6 months out of 12? I'm saying worked 'record' settingly hard those first 6 months...

Posts like this absolutely amaze me! We can only hope that one day-please, sooner than later-a large portion of our fan base doesn't have to make excuses for our qb's play on the field...but trying to justify 6 games out of 16--now, JMO, but that's a new low. That's gotta be real impressive to all the GM's out there, right? ...notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But nobody wants to talk about 9 TD passes in (the first) 6 games.... Why is that? More "fun" to bash? "Our" QB was inconsistent. (color me Capt. Obvious)

Actually I think the reason nobody focuses on the 9 TD passes in 6 games is that the lions share of those came in what could only characterized as garbage time. Take away the TD's he threw in games that were long since decided and he his numbers don't look all that much better than what he posted later in the season over those last 10 games. Yes they look better. No they don't come close to getting it done.

I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment the abuse is NOT HIS FAULT, he is QB he has ball in his hands, throw it away..if chased and know you can make nothing happen roll out of box and throw it away..no sack no hit NO ABUSE
I can think of a lot more times DC had NO time to throw the ball away more than the opposite. D's have been getting consistent pressure with a 4 man rush and dropping 6 or 7 in coverage. Our receivers(YES, even the almighty AJ) do a poor job of getting seperation, coming back to the ball or making the hot read. Please don't forget 4 or 5 different OC's in 5 yrs. I DO wonder of the playbooks are overly simplified because of DC or the overall poor performance of the O. Would you rather see DC take a sack or make a questionable throw? Pretty poor set of choices. Now imagine your DC and have a 1/2 second to make that decision.

In the real world, how long would you be able to keep your job if you only worked 6 months out of 12? I'm saying worked 'record' settingly hard those first 6 months...

Posts like this absolutely amaze me! We can only hope that one day-please, sooner than later-a large portion of our fan base doesn't have to make excuses for our qb's play on the field...but trying to justify 6 games out of 16--now, JMO, but that's a new low. That's gotta be real impressive to all the GM's out there, right? ...notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! I'm counting 4 sweeping generalizations, 3 categorizations and 2 implications in two paragraphs! :thumbup

Actually I think the reason nobody focuses on the 9 TD passes in 6 games is that the lions share of those came in what could only characterized as garbage time. Take away the TD's he threw in games that were long since decided and he his numbers don't look all that much better than what he posted later in the season over those last 10 games. Yes they look better. No they don't come close to getting it done.

OK, I'm fine with that. But then many need to update their perception that Sage's 3 TD performance was the same thing....

That's it young Darth Vader give in to the hate and enter the dark side and feel the power.

OK, I'm fine with that. But then many need to update their perception that Sage's 3 TD performance was the same thing....

...you want perception? Carr got his 9tds in 24 qtrs of play-Sage got his 3 tds (1/3 Carr's total) in 2 qtrs...not the same thing, especially considering Sage was not sacked

...you want perception? Carr got his 9tds in 24 qtrs of play-Sage got his 3 tds (1/3 Carr's total) in 2 qtrs...not the same thing, especially considering Sage was not sacked

Oh yeah? Well, Carr got 3 passing TD's in 1 quarter (Indy #1 game).

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times on Texan MB's this year: "Sage threw 3 TD's behind the very same line". Nobody recognizes DC's Indy #1 game.... This argument really needs to be put to rest as neither one of these guys is going to do this every game...

I'll never forget that game. David gallantly brought us back to a 19 point defeat after being down 30-3. Being able to pull that off in enemy territory - especially after losing two fumbles and getting sacked twice in the first four times he touched the ball - is a testament to his great leadership ability. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times on Texan MB's this year: "Sage threw 3 TD's behind the very same line". Nobody recognizes DC's Indy #1 game.... This argument really needs to be put to rest as neither one of these guys is going to do this every game...

...meaning that Carr threw 5 tds in the last 13 games of the season...pretty 'anemic' huh

I'll never forget that game. David gallantly brought us back to lose only by 19 after being down 30-3. Being able to pull that off in hostile territory is a testament to his great leadership ability - especially after losing two fumbles and getting sacked twice in the first four times he touched the ball thus spotting the Colts a 14-0 lead at the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

LOL.... AJ, you are killing me.

...meaning that Carr threw 5 tds in the last 13 games of the season...pretty 'anemic' huh

Actually, that's better than 2 TD's in the last 10 games which is what began this little side discussion - see post #115. Winning vs. anemic passing TD stats was discussed shortly thereafter...

this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

go ____ yourself carr, k thanks bye

nuff said

Most of the posters on this board that dislike David Carr have legitimate performance gripes or at least solid football based concerns. But you seem to have an unhealthy hatred for a person you have probably never met and frankly from reading your posts, some one who is in a class far above your own. If your going to tear down a player, try to say something football related. This isn't your personal hatred theropy center.

I hope you get over your issues soon there really anoying to others on the message board.

As much as he keeps playing the way he is the abuse should keep up.:wheel: When he starts playing the way he gets paid to play it should then stop.

As much as he keeps playing the way he is the abuse should keep up.:wheel: When he starts playing the way he gets paid to play it should then stop.

Carr has zero motive to play better-just keep giving him the money and make his excuses for him, as he laughs all the way to the bank!! By the time Carr's supporters realize they were had, Carr will own 'Comedy Central.' And, he'll make the show a huge hit by 'flashing' his anemic play on the screen, while his adoring fans defend his ineptitude as an NFL qb. Carr's sign off will be, "and they paid me over $60 million for over 5 yrs of that...."

He should be forced to read posts on this board. That should constitute enough abuse for any individual.

I know his brother reads here but I hope David doesn't. Some folks here are so high on dissing not only his QB play, but his character, his work ethic, his dad and other family members. Makes you wonder if they were abused as children.

Back