How much abuse should David have to take?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by OldEagle1, Mar 10, 2007.

1. OldEagle1

OldEagle1 Rookie

Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?
    How much is too much?:crutch:

2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Wow, another one. Look everyone.

3. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

I know, ...big y-a-w-n.

4. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

i don't think any of it is fair to him. he's a hell of a guy and people lose sight of that and just rail the guy. i'd rather carr be on my team than some thug criminal just looking to get paid. david carr has given this team quite a bit and we havent given him much

5. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

If it's anything that people are passionate about here in Texas, it's their football. I just think that the fans feel a bit slighted by David...big money and very little return. He has been compensated well for the abuse he takes. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback. Special treatment by the owner has just fueled the fire. I like David, but he has lost the confidence of his team mates and fans. I wish it were'nt so, but he needs to be moved to greener pastures. JMO.

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

go ____ yourself carr, k thanks bye

nuff said

Johnny Utah likes this.
  7. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

Now playing...Carr, the victim. Seen it for five long years.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm not sure how 'incredible' the beatings have been, but I digress.

"most of the abuse was not his fault"...hmmmm....Kubiak said that about a third of Carr's sacks in 2005 were the QBs fault. So I'd say that using the term "most" is overstating.

As far as a model citizen and being thrown under the bus....the first part is good for marketing campaigns, and the second is in the eye of the beholder. Many folks did not fault D.Rob for stating the obvious, especially since the owner and head coach had said basically the same thing a few weeks before making the statements.

It's all perspective.

We've given him tens of millions of dollars...but that might not be much to some folks.

As far as being a hell of a guy, there is little doubt. But for some reason(s), defenses still sack the guy in spite of that fact. It's like defenders just don't care about him being a model citizen. They hit him hard anyway.

yep...passion.

QFT :victory: "quoted for truth"

9. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Damn dogg, it really ain't this serious. Calm down and take a breather or drink a cold one, might make you feel better.

10. Second Honeymoon

stampede, you have never spoken wiser words. we dont always agree but you are a real fan of the Texans and deserve respect.

11. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

money isn't much. even if you have all of it.

12. Second Honeymoon

its been over 5 years with this worthless pile of cow manure. i apologize for the vitrole but the guy just sucks and i am 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' (to coin a lame Carr quote)

my family and I have already wasted well over 15k on these Texans on tickets and PSL's alone...maybe that makes it a little more personal to me, i dont know. I actually go to the games too and cheer the WHOLE team including Carr. But when you get 5 years of just embarassing and unprofessional football it just gets old. I just want a team we can ALL believe in and with Carr there is no hope at all of that coming to fruition.

my girlfriend does tell me I take it a bit too personal and she is probably right...im just a bit passionate about football and about winning. this mr. congeniality contest we have had here for 5 years is freaking old.

13. football freak

football freak Rookie

does that mean you don't want yours? you ante up to pay for a washed up QB then. Bet if you had to pay Carr and you didn't make any money till he won you would certainly sing a different you song.

14. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

It's already been too much. That's why he has to go.

15. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Thanks man, now....about Quinn...:juggle:

16. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

I agree money isn't everything but to say it isn't much is a huge understatement. Given the money David got with his last contract, he could live off the interest alone for the rest of his life and still have a life style better than mine.

What is David 28? I'm 40 and I'll still have to go to work everyday for the next twenty years just so I can retire in moderate comfort. Hopefully, I'll live a little time after 60 so I can enjoy it.

Granted, money won't buy him love, but isn't that what a dog is for?

17. Second Honeymoon

I like Quinn but only if he drops to #8. To get in a bidding war with 2-4 teams to move up two slots is just a nightmare proposal. If we want to move up it needs to be to slots 1-3 so we could get one of the true elite studs in the draft (CJ, AJ, and Thomas)

I have to admit though, I would be extremely happy if Quinn is there at #8. It would be a little karma coming back from last year's debacle with their 1st Round pick. Most of my friends disagree with me but that is because they still havent turned page from the Texans passong on VY. To not draft a QB just because we didn't draft one last year only compounds the initial error imho.

but anywho this is a Carr thread.....surprise

18. WaywardTexanFan

WaywardTexanFan Veteran

This thread resembles a GEICO commercial.

[​IMG]

19. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

Why would you post a pic of yourself here?:confused:

20. dvs1

dvs1 Rookie

So would you say that Carr has been hit more times than your average running back, or even Andre Johnson for that matter? I don't hear any pity for these guys.