how many people like Dre

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by hot pickle, Dec 12, 2006.

1. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

me, i love andre johnson, he will be one of the best in the next couple years, i know hes got a whole lot of people hatin on him, but he will learn to catch with his hands, it will come in time, he should have already got it, but its ok, never to late to learn

so just wonderin how many people got love for dre, and want him to be a texans forever?

p.s. i love the houston texans

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I don't know why anyone would/should hate on AJ...he's our best player!!

Hopefully he sticks around long enough to be a part of a winning team, though.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

the reason i made this thread, is cuz theres alot of hate about andre catchin with his body, and people wantin him to get traded

4. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Thats the first I've heard of this. I'd trade AJ when :pigfly: .

5. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

as an opposing fan i think he is skilled..........but i dont think he is tough enough..............that third down toss that he just laid down for AJones............i dont know..........that bothered me as a football fan...........and i dont think he gives it his all all the time..................

6. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i think it kinda has to do with the teams losing mind mentality

but thats still not a good excuse i know, but you can't really blame him

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I think AJ is great.

But he used to catch the ball with his hands & I dont know why he changed his technique. Catching the ball with your body is a recipe for a lot of drops.

Two guys who do this now are Andre Johnson & Terrell Owens and I would bet that they are #1 & #2 in dropped passes this year.

8. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I like Dr. Dre

9. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

I like Dre. I wasn't one who "Forgot about Dre." Corny. I know.

10. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I think Andre is a great receiver and I definitely would like him to stay with the team. The only thing I question about him is his heart and motivation. If he wants to play here and turn the Texans into a winning franchise, then I definitely say we keep him. But if he is just going to leave the second he gets the chance, then I say we strike while his stock is high.

11. AggieTexanFan

AggieTexanFan Rookie

I like him, but he doesn't seem to use his big strong body to shield defenders from the ball like Moulds does.

Also I don't view him as a very physical receiver, he hasn't broke the big one yet this year by running over CBs and doesn't seem to be making much YAC.

just my .02

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

The reason dre doesn't have the stats he should, IMO, is because every team we play knows his big play capabilities so they put him in all kinds of strange coverages. they know that as long as they've got dre locked, and daniels covered, we can not move the ball.

if the texans cut, trade, or simply let go of andre, i'll have a hard time supporting the team.

13. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

He sometimes reminds me of T.O. in how physically imposing he can be with small and average size CB's.

That said, he needs to stop the drops.

14. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

I like him enough but no one needs to worry he is here as long as he wants to be. No team would cut Dre, that's absurd

powerfuldragon likes this.
  15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, he does drop passes. I think I'd cut him before I'd cut Carr. :jk:

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

AJ is a tremendous physical speciman with superior athletic skills who is underachieving, who's onfield production is short of expectations.
    Last year was a throw away since he was injured much of the time, but his determination and aggresivenss this year is not what it was in his 2004 pro bowl season. I dunno what that's about ?
    And his dropped balls are almost inexcusable given the critical game time conditions many of his miscues have occured. He is definitely not among the
    elite NFL receivers, though he clearly is our best offensive player.

17. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

That's right, it's never too late to learn how to catch the ball

Signed- Corey Bradford.

Now granted that was kind of harsh but Andre Johnson is what he is. He's going to drop some passes but he's also going to make some plays for you too. I can't help but think that if he wasn't catching everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage he'd be having a bigger impact and making more plays for us. That would offset his "negative side" which is the 1-3 dropped balls per game it seems like. Those are easier to swallow when he's doing some damage to the defense and scoring some points.

You notice the negative more these days because Andre is hobbled by this joke of an offense. We might as well have Corey and Jabbar at WR if we're going to play football like we do now. It's not like it would make any difference.
    I for one hope this changes next season and we can see at least a reasonable facsimilie of a pro passing game.

19. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Skill position players are at there peak the first 4 years in the league. When people talk about someone learning the position 3 years into it I gotta correct you. He could be gone tomorrow and I wouldn't care one way or the other. I would expect the dummies in the front office to get value.

20. Andre catches the ball alot with his body because that's where Carr puts it the majority of the time. One thing about Carr that I've been saying since we drafted him is that he needed to learn how to place the ball. Brett Farve was notorious for doing the same thing as Carr and they are very similar in the velocity of their balls, but Farve has learned to take some heat off and place the ball in the hands of the recievers when he needs to. AJ doesn't however strike fear into any defense because he not that physical and really doesn't win the battles too often. The Bills just rolled over him like he was 3rd rate receiver.