Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How long will the growing pains phase last?

2017 the Texans acquired 5 FAs and ended with 11 mil in cap.

2018 the Texans acquired 6 FAs and ended with 25 mil in cap space.

Also that was the 1st year under Smith they left any significant cap space.

Tell me again about which GM obviously didn't participate. So my point was his question should have been directed at Gaine.

Show me those FA's and when they were signed so I can LMAO.

Ricky lost his job because of his lack of participation in FA and I called last yrs Texans team after the 1st wave of FA. Remember. If you want to get techinical you're correct he did sign a few 3rd wave FA's like Breno. But I would hardly call that participating. In fact that's what has Gaine behind the 8 ball and Watson running for his life this yr.

The thought that Davenport could be a starting level LT in the NFL should be enough to get them all fired.

One thing I think we can agree on is history is repeating itself. Carr/Watson, it's like the McNair's didn't learn anything, if they even care at all about their franchise QB.

I didn't read this thread so if the following has been said.. apologies BUT to answer the title question... SINCE INAUGURATION.

Jonah Williams at C

Davenport at LT

LMAO
Yeah I get it but Williams size and weight and poss need for more strength would be well served at center + he would be the next player up on all OLine. It would be difficult to use our first round on a center. More likely to use him at RTas he started all games as Alabama freshman there.

You don't find it bizarre that Davenport was moved from LT to RT to bench then back to LT? What was the backup plan in case someone got hurt? Doesn't look like they had one.

Yes they drafted Rankin and that's fine. But his scouting reports said he might need to move to guard because of lack of length. And in any case he isn't ready to start anywhere much less LT.
Desperate people in desperate situations do desperate things.

Well to sum up this debate......Houston hasn't had anything to brag about on any level other than wasting talent, making bad picks, signing horrible contracts, hiring bad GM's, and having piss-poor coaches. No one group has anything over the other.

The first true bright spot....the hiring of Brian Gaine as GM. His first draft was a HR considering how the odds were stacked against him. In my book, Gaine can't be this good at identifying talent yet swing and miss on identifying talented coaches. If Gaine were allowed to fully call the shots, I think O'Brien would be out, regardless of their friendship b/c in the end, it comes down to the results on the field. He found O'Brien some nice talent....O'Brien's results could certainly get them both fired.

I know some of you may say....but what about Wade Phillips and Romeo Crennel? You know, they both have had their moments of greatness but the thing that has always bothered about both coaches......under either guy, the Texans never make stops when they're most needed, like to secure a win. This taints their resume's in my books. For example, Marty Shottenheimer was a great coach until the playoffs rolled around and then he would just shite the bed.

Back