How long will it take Carr to...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Jan 26, 2006.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

..turn it around?? How long before he starts to look like the QB you, McNair, Kubiak, et.. al.. think he is capable of being?? mid-season?? 2007??

How long should I wait, before I say I told you so??

2. Mario Williams

Mario Williams Rookie

Why don't you stop trolling?

3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

not next season.. but around week 8 of the season after. so.. 2008.

Next season he isnt given a "free ride".. but he will be learning a new offense.. so he cant really be expected to be a top 10 QB.. but he IS expected to show marked improvement. And when I say improvement im not talking small things.. I mean he needs to show more confidence in the pocket.. better instincts.. and the ability to manage the game, and get wins.

if he shows all that.. then coming into the 2008 season..by about the mid point I expect to see a finished product. An NFL QB that can take you to a superbowl.

If he isnt very impressive next season but still shows improvement.. I would still expect us to look into bringing in a QB to groom through the draft next year.. or possibly look into getting Phillip Rivers if Brees is still the man in SD.

4. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

The very minute he gets 2 seconds in the pocket...;)

5. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

In Jake's first year with Koobs he went 9-3 as a starter(injuries kept out of 4 games). He threw for 15tds and only 7 ints with a passer rating of 91.2. Oh and he took the 10-6 Broncos to the playoffs. So I don't see why he can turn it around next year. Koobs took Plummer who had a career avg passer rating of 69 and turned him into a 90s type of QB. Carr has a career passer rating of 73, plus has thrown more td than ints the past two seasons. I think Carr will do just fine next year. Prediction high passer rating around 88-90.

6. chall8

chall8 Rookie

I'm hoping for the best with DC, but am not holding my breath. He's a serviceable QB, nothing more and nothing less.

7. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

at least a quarter of calling plays....

8. Caesar

Caesar Veteran

Around the year Vince Young wins a Super Bowl with his team.

And how do we get to that point? Take another runningback! Brilliant!

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm sorry, but if this is your best answer, I'm saying it now. If we're going to be waiting 3 years(2006, 2007, 2008) before Carr is a top 10 QB, we should go ahead, and get Vince right now.

IF.... IF, it is possible that we may be looking for a QB in next years draft, we might as well get Vince now.

10. chall8

chall8 Rookie

I have to agree that we can't wait until Week 8 of 2008 to determine whether David Carr can be a solution for this team.

I think this team needs to make a run for the playoffs in 2007 or we're drafting a new QB in the 2008 draft.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

hmm.. im sorry i messed my years up :).. i was thinking this next season would be the 2007 season.

What i meant is I would give him all of this next season..expecting marked improvement.. and then up to week 8 of the next season (2007) to show that he is an NFL QB that can take us to the superbowl.

12. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

hmmm...

13. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

I've thrown out some really good points on why Carr will be great with Koobs. Using past experiences. But now I see no one here cares because they all want a reason to take VY. LOOK GUY VY IS NOT GOING TO BE OUR NEXT QB. Look it happens, home town guys don't always play for the home town team. Yeah it sucks, but VY isn't right for this team. Not now, and he will only hurt this team in developing into a champion soon! Half of you guys are thick head morons that don't know a lick of what you are talking about and only want VY because of all the hype and the fact that he is from Houston. Hell if Houston is going to make a decision in the draft because of home town hype then this franchise really has no chance of winning!

14. chall8

chall8 Rookie

Yeah I can live with that.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think DC can be at least at a level of a Trent Dilfer-type QB within next season. He might not win games on his own, but he won't lose them. And remember, Dilfer has a ring.

How long should you wait? When did you start waiting? :rolleyes:

16. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

The fans will give him less time than they gave him this year, which was less than one home game.

The first time a drive stalls because of a bad decision by Carr - the boos will be heard.

And before anyone attacks me - in 32 home games I have never booed David Carr.

17. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Allot of it will depend on what else is done in the offseason. If the talent around DC doesn't improve significantly, it will take longer. Jake had a good football team around him in Denver when he took over. David doesn't. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see much improvement for the first half of next season. From the midway point of next season until the end, I would expect to see DC show some signs of improvement.

I also think they need to bring someone in to push and mentor David. An older, solid veteran who really isn't competing with DC for the starting position, but someone who can remind him that he is replaceable. One of the problems I had with Capers was not benching David. Sometimes the fear of losing your job will make you perform better.

18. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

What she said!

19. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

Until we see a real offense with a real OL, we won't know what this team is capable of. All I know is that the game where Carr finally got to call the plays was the best I had seen him and the offense play in 4 years. And then the coaches took over in the 2nd half and we lost...

I'm not a Carr homer, but even the most critical of critics would have to admit that he carried is own when he called the plays.

HJam72 likes this.
  20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

No they wouldn't. the replys would be:

1. He didn't call the plays, the coaches actually did.(someone actually said that one)
    2. It was acedental, the sun was in the defenses eyes.
    3. It never happend, it was a scorboard malfunction.
    4. It was a bad defense.
    5. Vince changed the aura of the univers momentarily and and helped Carr.

And what ever absurd crud they can dream up in their hate induce frenzy.