Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How long do you give David Carr

How long will you give David Carr to lead this team?

• Total voters
S

SESupergenius

Ok it's the start of the season. We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?

SESupergenius said:
Ok it's the start of the season. We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?

I don't think that you can just set a time table, because if he comes out in the first game and just totally stinks it up/ does nothing right, I'll be calling for his replacement the next game, if not that very game....But if he comes out, and plays alright all year but still is somewhat dissapointing I'll be calling for a new QB in the draft....It just depends...

Bye week - if he is responsible for losses before then (cleary responsible) let him sit in Dallas. JMO

19-10 said:
Bye week - if he is responsible for losses before then (cleary responsible) let him sit in Dallas. JMO

Okay I defend Carr and everything, but he would have to have some horrid games to be able to blame him solely for a loss.

texan279 said:
Okay I defend Carr and everything, but he would have to have some horrid games to be able to blame him solely for a loss.
lol...right

SESupergenius said:
We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?

One year.

texan279 said:

Seen it happen before - lack of leadership is horrid

xtruroyaltyx said:
I don't think that you can just set a time table, because if he comes out in the first game and just totally stinks it up/ does nothing right, I'll be calling for his replacement the next game, if not that very game....But if he comes out, and plays alright all year but still is somewhat dissapointing I'll be calling for a new QB in the draft....It just depends...
ok you make no sense. First you voted that you'd give him until the bye week and now you comment that if he sucks the 1st game you'd replace him the next game. OK???? There was an option on the poll that says if he sucks against Philadelphia then you yank him. You seem a little whishy washy.

IM A :homer: UMM...FOREVER... no seriously i will give him at least 2 seasons which will give kubiak enough time to surround him with better players (if need be) thru the draft and free agency..this also should be enough time to get the system down....anything after that..:brickwall

Holy *****, did I just see the wonger need food vote to give Carr a little time?? THAT MUST BE AN IMPOSTER!

texflex513 said:
IM A :homer: UMM...FOREVER... no seriously i will give him at least 2 seasons which will give kubiak enough time to surround him with better players (if need be) thru the draft and free agency..this also should be enough time to get the system down....anything after that..:brickwall

We have the players in place, Kubiak did an outstanding job in the draft and in free agency IMO. Carr just needs to step up bigtime this season.

SESupergenius said:
ok you make no sense. First you voted that you'd give him until the bye week and now you comment that if he sucks the 1st game you'd replace him the next game. OK???? There was an option on the poll that says if he sucks against Philadelphia then you yank him. You seem a little whishy washy.

ha ha...I saw that and it really wasn't for me...Because I just think it really depends...I think he has sucked in the pre-season in some games...but I don't think any of his performances justified him being yanked...In order for him to get yanked in philly he would have to do nothing right...I chose the option i chose because i figured it was middle ground...

however long Kubiak sticks with him yes, nobody knows how long its going to take to rehab his career so I guess as long that he shows improvement week to week without any major set-backs by seasons end David Carr will remain the starting QB :shoot:

texan279 said:
OK, never heard of a loss being blamed on a lack of leadership but whatever.

Why the new coaching staff then? Leadership is everything and the lack of it HAS cost us games. I hope it doens't again but I'm for changes where needed if so. JMO

SESupergenius said:
HOU-TEX said:
However long Kubiak gives him.:lightbulb:
That should have been one of the options, SES.

I must say that I'm a homer and I really do like Carr. I voted to give him a year and see how he progresses. That being said, I do think he has to show more consitant in the pocket. I know he is gun-shy and maybe looks to the dump-off to quick, but we are going to see improvements thru-out the year. Kubiak is not going to let the guy just fall flat on his face and also I don't think a lost can't just be attributed to just one guy. If we go thru the year and see no improvement, then I won't be upset if we went a different route but I think Kubes is going to make this guy into a legit QB that we could be proud of.JMO.:cool:

This season. I don't want to be in a constant rebuild mode like some teams. (Titans, Redskins, etc. for example.) I hope he can do it. But if he doesn't then let's move on.

On one side, I think he should get the entire year. The Texans have invested so much into him that you just need to ride it out to see if the right decision was made.

But, if goes sideways or stinks it up, I would like to see what Sage can do. That way we can gauge if the problem is more Carr or other parts of the offense. With that information, you can make a better decision in the offseason.

I voted for Kubiak's decision. I don't think Kubiak has given Carr a blank check for this season.

Wierd as it may sound for a young team, I am thinking of this as a rebuilding year. Considering all the changes and the schedule (one of the toughest in the NFL) it would take a "Cinderella" year for us to make the playoffs. So, IMO, Carr gets most of the year. If the year turns into a disaster because of Carr, let Sage take over late in the year (last 2 or 3 games). After all, Kubiack has already said Sage is good enough to be a starter in the NFL, he is a natural leader, and he is comfortable in the system, so if need be, let him start for us next year while a new QB is picked up and groomed to be the QB of the future. It appears to me (and I think to a lot of folks on the board) that the gap between Carr and Sage is not that large. Assuming Carr is getting the job done, it's a great feeling to think that if he does go down to the injury bug, we have a quality guy to take over the reigns. Depth... gotta love it.

Back