How is our other 2nd rounder coming along?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/2003/picks/joppru.html

too bad this is a couple of years old :heh:

seriously.. anyone in the houston area hear how his rehab is going along?

2. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I seem to remember someone here posting that he's been catching passes from Carr. If that is indeed true, it would point towards the fact that he's on the field and possibly competing. I hope he'll be ready to go. At last :)

3. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

And that 4th round pick today should serve as a little more incentive, if he indeed needs any, but more than that, he's got one more chance, which I'm surprised as hell that he has one. I'd have cut bait a year ago.

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I can see why you would have let him go after he IR'ed on us for the second year in a row. I guess that both our old AND new coaching staff sees something in him. Incentive, if he needs any of that, I'll kick his rump! :)

Then again he might be on his way out, as of right now we have 8 TE's listed on our player list, I guess "someone's" gotta go :)

5. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

In one of the interviews or stories today Kubiak says everything is ok so far. I think he called him a skill player vs a blocker, however. It wasn't a big rah, rah or a nah, nah. It may be in his discussion of Daniels.

6. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Why would you penalize somebody for getting hurt and not even given a chance to succeed? Kellen Winslow has never really gotten on the field much as well but they never cut him.