How in the world does VY do it?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gtexan02, Dec 11, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I don't get it. He's not a great passer. He isn't as elusive as Vick. He doesn't have good stats. But he wins. Jeez, he just wins every game he wants to. Its sort of weird. I never believed in "it" before, but watching highlights of VY these past 3 weeks have been insane.
    24 point comeback against the NYG in the final 15
    Comeback win against the Colts
    Comeback win against the Texans

Its like something just clicks inside him and he "decides" its time to win the game, and then he does.

I'm not saying I want him on the Texans, lets just keep this about VY and not about the Texans. Thats why its in the NFL discussion section.

this photo says it all
    http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?photoId=1382735&gameId=261210034

2. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Maybe it's like one of those RPGs where when your health gets low, you get access to really awesome skills and stuff, and only the main characters get that skill.

3. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

Man, hes done nothing but make plays and win games since his days at Madison. All the UT fans weren't just being homers when we were telling everyone how good he is - we really wanted to spread the word but some people couldn't put aside their hate for the longhorns enough to see it, and now even still... its a topic of debate. I don't see why.

I think its pretty clear. VY has something special, hes "magic on the field".

4. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

He does it because he is a winner. Some people win, some people don't and sometimes it is that simple.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

1. Poor passing mechanics
    2. 6 on his wonderlic test
    3. Played in shotgun his whole life
    4. Prefers to run than pass
    5. Wins every game he wants to win.

Weird, isn't it?

6. real

real Guest

#4 is a lie....

7. real

real Guest

delete

8. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

How does he do it, well when you blitz eveyone on the field and they dont stay in their lanes and a whole opens up the size of a truck all he has to do is take off sprinting it is not hard to see that, it is not off a different world.

Heath Shuler likes this.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he's a sorcerer!

10. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

He does it by getting his teammates to believe in him and that in turn makes them play better.

How does he do it? One word: Leadership

11. real

real Guest

Yeah....

There's nothing special about what he did.....anybody could have done it....

:pigfly:

12. Orion

Orion Rookie

he's just got it man, he always has....like the other guys said, longhorn fans have been trying to spread the news...but we didin't in time....we weren't making things up,,,,,.....what a finish, i gave up my tickets to the game because i didn't want to root for him in the reliant statdium, wouldn't feel right...but it was an amazing finish by him......AGAIN..and AGAIN and AGAIIN.......

so now thats 3 lucky weeks in a row.....damn this kid is LUCKY

GREAT GAME VINCE.....That score had me yelling at the top of my lungs again, i haven't done that for pro football in a while...it felt great....

13. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

His speed is the only thing that's above average. He is deceptively fast; I suppose 6'5" strides can do that. When defenses keep containment on him, he will not be too difficult to corral. When a safety gets blocked 20 yards downfield, that's when the problems start to occur.

14. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Like he said, he runs like his momma is chasing him with a belt. VY is authentic. Guys like DC haven't figured out who they are yet. VY is his own man out of necessity. He was a ready made Paul Bunyan for the Texans to pick up. He is country like Earl and home spun like Bum. In a word, he might be bigger than the franchise and the skinflint we have calling the shots here isn't comfy enough in his skin to have some competition for the power. Predictable results follow. It's okay to be New England tough with holdouts if you're good. When you're dead last, who the hell do you think you are acting like you got the bull by the horns. You got nothing and you need help. No position to play hard ball.

15. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Tacklers bounce off his thigh pads just like in college. and high school. Big surprise. He's doing it in the NFL.

16. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

His speed, his arm, his size, his elusiveness, his poise, his vision, his leadership... that's all above average. He's averaging 6.6 yards per carry with 5 TDs on the ground in 10 starts... he's never easy to corral. I find it unbelievable that people continue to question his abilities at this point... just keep on digging, maybe you'll eventually reach China and VY won't be exceptional.

17. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

word, all that crap about poor mechanics is just that...."crap"....the ball gets where it needs to be...he proved it in college and he's proving it now.

18. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I'm not riding his jock when I say this (maybe I am, but who cares), but I must personally say that Vince Young has been apart of some of the greatest football games that I've ever witnessed. Madison vs. Northshore in '01 is STILL one of the better football games that I've seen in my lifetime. Add those on with the 2 Rose Bowl victories and yesterdays game and Mr. VY has a pretty good "great game" resume thus far.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I might be annually selling my ticket when the Titans visit Reliant. I don't think I can take watching Young doing this to the hometown team for the next 10 years in a row. With as much love and hype as he generates (and deservedly so), I'm sure I can make enough money off my one game to pay for the other 7 home games.

As an NFL fan, he's a blast to watch. As a Texans fan, I dread these two games a year now.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Hold on little samurai--marginal improvement in any phase of the game (cough QB cough) and VY trots home a loser twice this year. It is bad, but not hari kari time.