Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How good is Tebow???

I don't exactly see the VY comaprisons, Tebow looks like he has promise. However, it may take the guy some time to come around to the NFL style of football.

Upsides: He has a great attitude and he has been successful where he has been. Good size 6'3" 240 pounds, and has good enough speed to pick up first downs in the NFL. He can also evade with his size and feet. He has a strong arm. Very athletic.

Downsides: Has weird mechanics and a bit of a slow delivery. Would need some time to atleast speed the delivery up, and possibly change mechanics a little bit. Has been playing in a system that is QB friendly in that it creates alot of wide open receivers, a bit like Texas Tech but in a different way. Alex Smith is a downside for Tebow. Can be inaccurate at times.

Yesterday they descibed him as the best football player who happens to play QB . I take sentence to mean that he just seems to do what it takes to win .

Pros: Tebow mobility & size is a huge plus. plenty of arm strength & accuracy, great leadership skills.

Cons: Reading defenses & going through his progressions quickly.

draft him in the late 1st/early 2nd, give him a great QB coach, let him sit for 2 years, then see where he is. he's clearly gifted and smart enough to make the necessary changes to his mechanics to be a good NFL starting QB

draft him in the late 1st/early 2nd, give him a great QB coach, let him sit for 2 years, then see where he is. he's clearly gifted and smart enough to make the necessary changes to his mechanics to be a good NFL starting QB

And thats why he won't be a good NFL QB. People are gonna see his college play and jump on the Tebow bandwagon. He will be the #2 QB taken (after Bradford) and will head to some team that will want him to start right away. They will think of the Matt Ryan and Joe Flaco successes and think that Tebow will get it done. He won't get the opportunity to sit and learn enough. He will run around his first year, but afterwards teams will dare him to use his arm to beat them. If he can learn to throw, he might be another Steve McNair. If he can't he might be another Ron Mexico (without the legal problems/off the field behavior).

Well I posted last year that a stong football man like Parcells might take a shot at him if he falls. He could already run the wildcat for them now..

Beer Lover there's acurate and then there is accurate. what exactly are you talking about. Bradford is accurate. Tebow gets the ball there. Just like Vince Young did. Just like that Heisman winner Troy Smith did. there's accurate...and then there is accurate.

Just wondering what some of you think of Tebow as pro prospect.

Tim Tebow is a really good person, a great college football player, and maybe, given time, a pro QB. He could definitely play in the NFL at some other position, as an athlete, if he fails to make the transition as a QB.

I had this weird dream where the Patriots took him. Not gonna happen, but it is interesting.

Back