How good is Jon Scott?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by edo783, Dec 15, 2005.

1. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Just asking, because IF we take Bush he will likely be our next best option for an LT at the top of the second round. I noticed that he made 1st team all american, so that's good. Kind of interesting in that I don't think Winston made it (might have made 2nd team or something). D'Brick did of course. So, what I am getting at, if we take Bush, will there be a QUALITY LT available. Not just adequate, but QUALITY?

2. I will be very curious to see how he goes vs. USC. Suffice it to say I think that almost every Texan fan should watch this game as there are so many players on both sides of the ball. We have a good shot at landing at least 1 of the players on these teams.

3. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Scott's pretty darn good. There's a chance he'll be there at picks 33-36, but don't bet the farm on it. There's 5 or 6 excellent tackle prospects this year - Brick, Winston, Justice, McNeill, Scott and Colledge all have very real 1st round chances.

4. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I honestly do not believe scott will make a good nfl LT. I see him as a pitts type player: adequate if that is all you need, less than stellar when you need more.

IF (and we shouldn't) we pick bush first, i would look maybe at Witworth who will be good but not great, and then luiti as a G. he plays for usc and is dominant at all times.

5. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

A couple of these guys (McNeill and Scott) seem to be better fitted for OG than OT from what I've heard, at least I've heard more scouting reports of them as OG than OT.

6. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

If some how we draft in the 20's i think we can get a Scott or McNeil and keep pitts at LT.

7. YoungTexanFan

"I honestly do not believe scott will make a good nfl LT. I see him as a pitts type player: adequate if that is all you need, less than stellar when you need more.

IF (and we shouldn't) we pick bush first, i would look maybe at Witworth who will be good but not great, and then luiti as a G. he plays for usc and is dominant at all times."

alright, who left the "not very smart comment about my above post?!?!?" jerks...:challenge

8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

On Scott, the stuff I have seen question his consistency, not so much that he is better suited as a guard. I have seen him anywhere from a top 10 to 3rd round.

On LT class as a whole, 5 or 6 guys with the talent to be in the first round, but none them really dominated in the manner thought before the season. I expect there to be, especially given the perception now, one or two of these guys to "drop" further than projected now.

9. YoungTexanFan

I expect all of them to drop further than expected.

10. YoungTexanFan

I'm not denying that he has the physical ability to get it done at the next level adequatly and be solid. However, I personally feel that he is not worth any more than a late 2nd as of now. We can call it a gut feeling, but I just feel he will be moved to guard eventually in his career. A difference in opinions that is not offensive does not warent a bad reputation point.

11. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

Jon Scott

Position:
    OT

College:
    Texas

Projected Selection:
    Top32

I got this off a site... this is no way unless he has a horrible Rose Bowl, Combine, and senior bowl's he wont slip out of the 1st round. I think 20-29 is a good area to look for him. I do see a possibility of trading 1 of the picks we get for Bush and trading back up into the 1st round... Remember is they plan on moving back up into the 1st round and taking a player like Scott, McNeil, Giles, Setterstrom, Cooledge, whitworth... then we could go A.J. Hawk in the 1st or go a Jimmy Williams CB Va Tech... The question is does Reeves think Hawk, J Williams, D brick, or Winston with the 1st pick... then does he see a Scott, McNeil, Giles, Setterstrom, Cooledge, whitworth being a good enough player for us... remember Reeves rarely make the mistakes that Casserly and Capers/

12. ArlingtonTexan

Royce,

No problem with getting the info from another site (as long it is not pay), but either give the site's name or even better post the link.

13. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

14. ArlingtonTexan