How does it feel for Texans fans

Discussion in 'The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"' started by handswarmer, Feb 11, 2013.

1. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

It is what it is! Just proves the BEST team does not always win the SB! Not saying the Texans are better than the Ravens either. On any given gameday anything can happen in the NFL. Luck, one player has an awesome day, bad calls or NO CALLS by the refs, injuries, etc, ANYTHING can change the outcome of the game. I think it boils down to who has the best luck on any given gameday. It's that ONE awesome moment when one play makes the difference! JMO!

Your Ravens got lucky when our dumbarse GM got rid of JJ, and JJ got lucky on Feb 3, 2012. That's just the way it is. Now, he's a "hero" and will get to dance on DWTSs!!:dance3:

4. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

Nice answer' APPRECIATE IT

5. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

:homer:

6. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

You realize that was Week 7?

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

You should thank the nfl schedulers for setting y'all up to play the eagles on their home opener :truck:

If you see what I did there

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  8. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Meh, 31 other teams didn't win the Superbowl either and I am not butt hurt about it.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?

10. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

That's a heavy dose of sarcasm to stretch that point out...

11. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

Eh, I have little issue with the Ravens honestly. They are rather classy or at least they are when they play the Texans. Can't say the same when they play the Steelers and Patriots. But when they play the Texans you see Reed helping guys up, slapping them on the back/head and other respectful actions from some of their players. Even when speaking about the game before and after.

What was frustrating was watching how easily (well took effort on their part obviously) they controlled the Patriots offense. Meanwhile we looked like we were in a Chinese fire drill. We couldn't line up, guys were wide open, no adjustments from the previous matchup, etc. Ravens? They dictated to the Patriots offense and made them react to what they did on defense. Texans were the complete opposite and that bothered me when our high profile defensive coordinator. Began wondering if we even bothered watching film from the previous game.

Could we have beat them? Possibly since the game is about matchups but I lean toward 'no' because our mental state was not strong. The Ravens game was the last 'complete' game the Texans played with every facet. After that a freaking roller coaster. There's a mental part of this game that many forget and we lost it probably beginning with that Jaguars game.

StarStruck likes this.
  12. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

It sucks donkey balls.

Feel better?

thunderkyss likes this.
  13. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

Nice job

14. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

Not really...was looking for more of an answer than that

15. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

You asked how I felt.

16. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

Honestly, I thought you were a pretty ok dude until you started this thread. Seemed like you only came around to voice your opinion, gloat a little and feel things out. But now that you're starting threads like this--you seem more like a troll than a genuine fan.

Season's over, you guys hoisted the trophy. Good for you. It sucks that the wheels fell off the wagon and we didn't finish like we started. But you really weren't asking for an answer. This is pretty much a rhetorical thread that should've died after the initial post.

How the crap do you think that if feels?

[​IMG]

17. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Let me expound on what LYB just said.......

[​IMG]

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.

19. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

Actually, I wanted a real answer. Ater watching teams that the avens beat and thoroughly, go on to win the SB tat same year and being really frustrated by knowing that fact, I was asking an honest question.

And I was looking forward to a re-match to avenge the loss. Before that game, the playoff game was close as was the other game in Reliant when Schaub threw the pick 6 in OT.

Thats all.

20. handswarmer

handswarmer All Pro

No one is 'running down' the Texans, it was a simple question, we didn't steal anything and yes we have been there before...