How Do Postseason Tickets Work?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by TheCD, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Ok...I'm phrasing this in such a way as to not jinx us, but I need a little insight as I have to start saving now if this is possible for me.

I told my wife 5 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) that I was going to be at the first playoff game we had, no matter where. My question is as follows:

What are the average ticket prices for postseason games? Are they easy to come by at a slightly-almost-kind-of-if-you-make-a-billion-dollars reasonable price and don't have season tickets?

I'm ok with nosebleeds if that's what it has to be, but I prefer seats that are similar to the 300's at Reliant. I'm also too young to have been to any playoff games for the Oilers, so I really haven't the first clue. I'm starting to save now, but what kind of price range can I expect for nosebleeds or decent seats? I am absolutely reserved to the fact that good/great seats are out of the question for me due to cost. I also have to factor in travel, but that can be dealt with if the tickets are affordable.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

2. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

I'd budget $300/ticket, plus possible travel if it's an away game if that's what you're asking.

3. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Thanks. Would that be nosebleed section? I've only been able to go to one game at Reliant, and GlassHalfFull gave us a very fair (maybe even face value) price for the tickets in the 350's section. Awesome seats.

P.S. even a home game means travel for me. I live up in North Texas.

4. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

If you are a season ticket holder the tickets aren't that expensive. When the Cowboys were in the playoffs two years ago, the ticket cost for the first preseason increased by $20, and if there would have a second game, an additional $20. If you don't have season tickets, then it would probably be to your advantage to get to know a season ticket holder early in the season that cannot go and would be willing to sell lower than a King's ransom.