How bad is it?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DocBar, Nov 8, 2017.

1. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

This bad. ****.

Seegara likes this.
  2. thetexanator

thetexanator Hall of Fame

12 inches with no vaseline bad.

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  3. banned1976

banned1976 American

It'll get worse before it gets better. One of the most alarming issues I see is that the Texans entire secondary is going downhill fast. K Jackson and Joseph are no spring chickens and K. Johnson is proving to be a liability because he's always coming back from an injury. Their safeties are awful. Tack on the lack of pass rushers and the defense is an unmitigated disaster.

The Rams are going to expose just had bad the Texans really are. I expect Goff is going to throw deep often, especially early.

TheKDog and adama51 like this.
  4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Another example of Rick Smith having no vision. Joseph isn't going to be here forever and you have to plan on life after JJo. How does RS do that? He lets Bouye get away for a comp pick.

I mean, props to RS for finding guys like Bouye for nothing, but what's the point if you develop them and let them go be solid players for someone else?

Flyingfish likes this.
  5. banned1976

banned1976 American

With Bouye the Texans were 2nd in pass defense last year. This year they are 20th. It's not hard to figure out Smith's f-up. He held onto cap space with no plan on what to do with it. And FA for CB's next year is slim pickings. Same as offensive line help.

He'll give Clowney a big contract next offseason even though his knee is a ticking time bomb. It's going to happen. And Clowney will quit working until his knee gives out.

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Teflon Rick must go

JB likes this.
  7. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

B .. bu ... But everyone said 'overpaying' for Buoye was a mistake, and our defense was so good, and Kevin Johnson ... And ... And ... And.

ArlingtonTexan and Double Barrel like this.
  8. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

upload_2017-11-8_22-26-17.png

JB likes this.
  9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Kareem Jackson is significantly ahead of last season (14 games to 8 this year) statistically. Agree with you on Johnson but want to see more of him before culling him. I also think safeties struggling due to Mercilus and Cushing out and Cunningham rookie year. Joseph needs an extension despite his age.

PapaL likes this.
  10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think I am right by saying Bouye did not give Texans chance to match his offer.

TheRealJoker and JB like this.

11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
    And losing Bouye not the only change. Lack of a pass rush will make any secondary look bad

12. Mangler

Mangler All Pro

That’s what you get when you go after some “assistant GM” from the Colts. Exactly when we’re the Colts ever known for having a shutdown defense? Brian Gaines went to Buffalo, didn’t he? Well, would you look at that...Buffalo all of a sudden looks better, while we’re falling fast and hard.

Not wishing anything bad, but these next few seasons will probably kill McNair or cut his life a couple years shorter. Thanks Rick Smith.

13. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan All Pro

Unless he's gradually reached that point where Cam and RS can give him a can of Play-Do and a bowl of Sphagetti-O's to keep him entertained on game day. It's obvious that he's not seeing what everyone else is seeing...so he must be doing something else to keep him actively involved. I wonder which game Cam and RS play to determine who changes the old man's diaper...coin flip or rock-paper-scissors?

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Please don't hit the post reply button more than once. But it once and then refresh or navigate away.

15. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan All Pro

Actually tried that to no avail. The last time I refreshed the page, it showed up 3 times. I guess...when you got to make point, you got to make a point.

16. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Bad enough that Yates got first team reps this week.

Guess Savage's rope just got a little shorter.

This team is being run like it is still training camp and exhibition games.

Running wannabe players in and out of the lineup, absolutely no cohesion at all.:firehair: Total and absolute chaos.

Lack of quality depth I suppose.

It's all OB's fault. :sarcasm:

:coffee:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  17. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

It seems the pass rush with Watt, Mercilus, etc... covered up a lot of deficiencies in the Secondary like Watson covered up deficiencies in the O-line! Guess we're totally screwed this season! :shades:

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If Watson is healthy, we're fantastic. If Watson isn't healthy, we're a pile of dog sh!t for a team. I love Watson, but hate the situation we're in.

steelbtexan and TheKDog like this.
  19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

This season was toast the second Watson went down. I will be surprised if they can stay competitive, much less win another game.

The previous two 2-14 seasons ended up with head coaching changes. I wonder if the same will happen after 3-13? Rumors of the FO unhappy with O'Brien still persists, but perhaps his apparent chemistry and success with Watson will grant him a stay of execution for another season. O'Brien has also been a point man for the owner and GM the past couple of weeks. McNair has released a couple of quotes, but Rick Smith seem AWOL with regards to the media.

I'm not sure what to even look forward to in the off-season with Watson out until maybe preseason and beyond, and no draft pick until the third day. Maybe some movement in FA, but who knows with this franchise.

I will definitely be paying attention to and watching a lot more Astros in the spring and summer.

steelbtexan and adama51 like this.
  20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

RS at odds with McNair and/or OB on Kaep?

Double Barrel likes this.