How about Tony Romo in Houston

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by humblegeo, Jan 21, 2017.

1. usernameJJ

usernameJJ Rookie

I will preface my response by saying that as a Texans fan I hope you are correct.

I just think that you cannot teach or learn accuracy. You either have it or you don't, and Assweiler is not an accurate QB. I have watched him enough to make my mind up regarding that very issue.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I rarely am :)

2. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

Exactly JG would only come here if A. Gave up a boat load. B. BB doesn't think he is good enough,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Texansphan

Texansphan All Pro

I would like to know what his accuracy percentages are when under pressure and with a clean pocket because we saw him throw some accurate passes as well as the inaccurate ones which is why I say he can be better with a better line, clean up some of his mechanics and have OB work in more plays he does well.
    After all, he definitely regressed from his games in Denver.

thunderkyss likes this.
  4. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

For me it's not so much the accuracy as is it the decision making. He stares down receivers, doesn't read the defense or see the field. He throws to open guys not throw open guys. He often misses wide open guys because he never makes it to his 2nd and 3rd read or he locks onto one guy before the snap. Also he goes bad with a little pressure. Accuracy is like 3rd or fourth on the list.

5. Texansphan

Texansphan All Pro

If you read my two previous posts I addressed the pressure issue.
    You also have to take into account the inordinate number of drops this season - and no, they were not all his fault. Nuk had one of his worst seasons incompletion wise.

6. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

Agreed which is why Jacoby angered me years ago. I can appreciate his heart..... but I wished he had used his brain instead on that play. Too early to be risking stupid plays like returning on a bounce.

Not to be like a Cowboys fan and bring up our past......... but we are talking Romo after all...... when in Rome.

If you believe this were you not angry at Jacoby for trying to be a hero early in the game, putting us behind against the Ravens years ago putting unneeded strain on our Rookie QB.

What you say IS true...... but only on paper and in black and white.

We all know that teams can look better on paper and it all changes (or at least can be completely different) on the field.

7. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

I agree Nuk had to my quick knowledge 4 critical drops on easy open completions both Jacksonville games, against Cincinnati and GB. But I look at plays like the int in Indy and the one in Mexico City right before the half, and see him missing a wide open guy to throw into double coverage. I did this exercise before with the passer rating calculator, how many 50 yard Tds would Brock have to throw to get his passer rating above 80, The answer is 8! An 80 is still not good enough to win. It kinda puts in perspective how bad he is.

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
    who tf is Tadd Haslop anyway?

powda likes this.
  9. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

I was mad at Jacoby because trying to return that punt would have been a bad decision at any point of the game sans the last play, regardless of QB situation etc. Returning a ball inside the 5 is just stupid unless you are Dante Hall, and Jacoby aint no Dante Hall.

10. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

I agree with you..... it is very stupid play......... However if it was the final play and the seconds ran off the clock........ it becomes a different story. I would have wanted him to try something rather than sitting back and letting the game end. (Why I said, I appreciated his heart.... but wish he had used his brain instead)

Would you rather he just lets a Raven player end the game as he stands aside? Or would you rather him try and MAKE something happen with that final chance?

Timing matters EVEN if the game has a set time limit. In this case he tried to do something when it was not needed which makes it a stupid play, not a play of necessity.

11. zshawn10

zshawn10 Veteran

powda likes this.
  12. Beer and Metal

Beer and Metal Buzzed Cacophony

I think I'd rather have Tony Roma in Houston than Tony Romo. I wonder which has cracked more ribs?
    Although, if the Texans could get him really cheap year one with performance and health multipliers for years 2 and 3 it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Still draft a QB this year and next for the future.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

From a reliable unnamed drunk source.............

14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

15. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I had nothing to do with it!

16. zshawn10

zshawn10 Veteran

He writes for the Chron

17. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 All Pro

18. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I'd take him on a vet minimum contract with incentives worked into the deal, but only if we shore up the O line. If the O line remains in shambles there's no point bringing him in.

19. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

They can shore up the line if the spend the $$$ and concentrate on it in the draft.

20. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 All Pro

sounds good cuz I favor OL in first round draft. the top 3 QB would have to drop 25 I dont think so. an OL will help QB pocket and its long term solid player for offense. It should be interesting. If in fact they did this I guess Weeden Savage or OS would go. but if they did this and drafted a mid round QB would have to make some more room right?