How about this quote?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tsip, Jan 20, 2007.

1. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

"It's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Cameron said.

Wow, that's certainly a foreign thought on this board! Our new HC isn't held accountable until he replaces all the players he inherited with his own personal choices to fit 'whatever.'...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think Kubiak was given some leeway in his first year for a variety of reasons. But I think the gloves come off in 2007 and fans will expect a much improved product.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermaned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason.

4. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

Well, no $***!

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve the talent level on your team by bringing in better players via FA and the draft.:ok:

NederlandTexan likes this.
  5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I still say we should have hired Macguyver.

He wouldnt need all this fancy shmancy "talent"... he could have won us the superbowl with a handful of ruberbands, a can of hairspray, and Matt Stevens.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

That is the post of the day :yahoo:

7. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

I think we could lock this thread up and leave it with this post. . . .I don't think you can argue any other way with what Bomb says.

8. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Well, at least I have some 'fodder' for my 'they told me board!...always love to read that stuff at the end of the season...one of the best lines then is, "no way I said that!"

9. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

That makes no sense.

NederlandTexan likes this.
  10. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I think every team every year tries to improve their talent level through FA and the draft every year. Are you trying to say Kubiak didn't try doing this?

Grid, not even Macguyver could've won a superbowl with Matt Stevens at safety ;)

11. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Man, I wonder what that guys doing now!

12. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

I honestly think we are an Oline away from contending. Olines can gel within a year lets hope ours does.

13. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Before Kubiak arrived, many posters were predicting a winning season and possibly even play-offs--too, the board was littered with posters saying we were just 1 or 2 players away from being good...and then, of course, there were the lofty predictions for 'great' #'s by Carr. Finally, posters couldn't wait to see what Kubiak's offense was going to do on the field--good riddance to Joe Pendry.

Then, as the season started and we weren't seeing 'anything' on the field approaching 'super human,' we started posting that Kubiak needed time to get all the players he needed for his system--heck, there was talk of 2 or 3 or more years before 'everything' was in place. "Capers got 4 yrs, why not Gary?"...and, we watched as Kubiak began his 'house cleaning.'

Yes, 6 wins is an improvement. But, in all honesty, most fans expected more. Where was the offense we were expecting? Who really expected Carr to throw less TDs under Kubiak than he did Pendry?

As fans, we're back to grasping for any excuse we can for Kubiak's less than winning season (no, I didn't predict one), so I thought Miami's new HC made an enlightening statement as I quoted above...and talk about challenge! As the article goes on to state, he inherits an aging defense and a struggling offense that the owner expects him to win with--a far cry from the time that Gary is being given to turn our team around...

Honestly, though, I hope Kubiak has learned not to make promises that--for whatever reason--he is unable to keep...Finally, I hope we are not expected to go through that '1 win improvement' from 1 year to the next...

14. skillz24

skillz24 Rookie

yay for intelligence something this board needs more of

15. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...don't burst the Saints bubble yet, as their 1st time/1st year coach tries to lead them to the SB after going 3-13 last year

16. trutexan02

trutexan02 Veteran

I am pretty sure Carr Bomb is not alking about the Saints, Bush or Payton.

17. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

And that's like saying that sports radio callers are nothing but the most intelligent fans.

I mean, didn't we have a post last week about Tagliabue (SP) bribing McNair to pass on Bush so he would revitalize New Orleans?

I think most fans predicted a 6 or 7 win season. Me? 7. And we were about 10 (take your pick) boneheaded mistakes away from having 7 wins if we could get any one of them back, lol.

18. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Just last night he asked me if I wanted to super size my fry for a quarter more.

TheOgre likes this.
  19. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Point. BUT...

The Saints got a major upgrade at QB, then Colston came along. The Saint's had players but no coaching before this year.

The Texans had neither.

20. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

I wish cameron the best i was hoping we would get him last year i think he really would made the right decisions. dont get me wrong i like kubiak but he could of done a better job of benching players i guess i was dissapointed during pre season and practices and even the regular season when clearly one player out-performs another player but because of politics in the front office nothing is done about it well not in enough time to save the season we probably could of finnished with a 8-8 otherwise.