HoustonTexans.com will publish entire game broadcast of first win vs Cowboys tommorow

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ruinondd, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Ruinondd

Ruinondd Veteran

2. roooshi

roooshi #Demaryius2HOU

Can someone download the actual video and then torrent it? Ive been looking for this torrent for a while.

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

That's awesome!!

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

5. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Awwwwwww!! Get to watch my fav TE of all time again!! NICE!!

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I guess this marks the 10 year anniversary of that game? Remember when that game was our only claim to fame?

7. Ruinondd

Ruinondd Veteran

It will probably be just a video on the site. However is someone wants to take the time you could fraps it, run it through a program to lower the size (fraps files are HUGE) and upload it.

8. bo orlando

bo orlando Veteran

Anybody else think it's long since time we put this "milestone moment" permanenty to bed? Sure, it was great when it happened but with history's hindsight it's pretty bittersweet. The Cow****s turned out to be a 5-11 team that year (Texans were 4-12). Dave Campo was the coach. Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson were the quarterbacks. Texans built on the big victory with 4 depressing-as-hell years of Capers/Casserly/Carr. To me, this game is like a great party with your friend from college who soon after moved in with you, got strung out on meth, and stole all your stuff. You knew you should have kicked him out sooner, but that one great night clouded your mind.

9. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

It's a permanent milestone, the first game, first victory, and against the Cowboys to boot (no pun intended).

As for the party analogy, sorry to hear that. It must have been awful. :D (kidding)

10. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Nope. Put in perspective by some, sure. But it was one of the greatest NFL opening days ever. Frankly, it probably made the Texans a lot more money over the next few years. That doesn't mean it has to be the pinnacle for the franchise, of course. It's just one game that we remember fondly.

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree completely with eriadoc. And judging by the reactions of fans at Texans Talk and the fact at the franchise is putting the game on their website, there are a lot of fans that have no desire to forget this game.

It was a fun night and one I will never forget, regardless of how much success the Texans have in the future.

12. bo orlando

bo orlando Veteran

Thanks bro. That friend's name-- "Bennie Joppru"

13. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I was there in all my Cowboys gear.

Although I was still enthusiastic about the Texans and being a PSL owner having the experience of going over to the hotel and selecting my seat. Funny thing in all of that, I still haven't checked the display for my name, and better put that on my bucket list of things I would like to before I die.

Being a Cowboys lifer, the results were embarrassing. Not because it was the Texans, but the FACT that we were so pathetic we couldn't beat an expansion team in their first game. We had grown accustomed to the 5-11 and wondered if Jerry would ever hire a competent coach, but that was an in-your-face rock bottom. Thankfully, if there was a silver lining, we got rid of Campo. Trust me, after that game his coaching decision were as bad if not worse throught the rest of that season.

I probably won't be watching the rebroadcast, but it's mainly because once I've seen a game, I rarely take a second look, and if so it is usually within a few days.

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Have only done it one time back during the opening season. Nice to know it is there though.

15. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I'm thinking I need to save my copy of the game in a few different places.
    I haven't rewatched it for a long time, and who knows, both my DVD and mpg versions might have gone bad - I surely hope not.

This one has got to be a keepsake! :choke:

16. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

It was a great night, and that's how I'll remember it. Re-watching the game? I'm pretty much over the details. More of an experience than anything.

17. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

My ears were ringing into the next day!

18. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

A diplay of the PSL owners from year 1? Where is that?

19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

It is the initial PSL owners. I don't know exactly the cut off. I believe about the first 12,000 to sign up.

[​IMG]

I know it is stupid but it is nice to feel like you helped build the house your team plays in. And it is nice to be able to walk your kids up to a landmark and show them their name.

20. LEATHERHEAD

LEATHERHEAD Veteran

Arrrrrg.. Leatherhead of the wall of :smiliedance:Fame