Houston's Got a New High-Powered Football Team

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 9, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Could be interesting, especially for a family outing.

the stallions!

Double Barrel likes this.
  2. GP

GP Go Texans!

From the article (quote by Solomon):

Zing.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I saw an arena game many years ago and really didn't like it. But, I was in full NFL mode, so I think I was expecting something different.

My son has been seeing arena football ads on NFLN for awhile and really wants to watch a game on tv. I think I will surprise him soon and take him to a Stallions game. To him, football is football, regardless if it's little league, HS, college, arena, or pro.

4. Double Barrel

Unfortunately, it looks like they didn't pay their website hosting bill, either. I can't even find a schedule for team, much less a place to buy tickets.

5. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Well, so much for seeing an exciting, first-place professional team in Houston.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

7. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

8. Rey

Rey Guest

Doesn't look like a Broncos logo to me....????

Similar...But it looks a little different...

9. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, there are some notable differences, but the base design to me seems like a low-res version of the Broncos logo. Something like this: http://www.quakeconsulting.co.nz/Bronco Maroon.jpg probably would have looked better with the "H" background.

10. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Yawn. Arena football failed miserably here. They were literally giving away tickets before Longhorns games to get people to come out and see the team. I personally don't get it.

Now the LFL would probably work here.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

I know who would be in the Fan Hall of Fame, too.

LOL.

Hookem Horns likes this.
  12. Double Barrel

Thanks, man! Looks like we have one home game left this Sunday. I'm going to try to make it with my boy. You can't beat $10 seats.

To hardcore NFL fans like us, yeah, it's a watered down product. I feel the same way about NCAA football. Watching UT trounce some small school is boring football.

That being said, to a 9 yo football fan, this is an event worthy of looking forward to. He's begging me to take him, and from his perspective, all football is good, especially in spring under the dark cloud of an NFL lockout that threatens a season.

Kulluminatii likes this.
  13. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I agree with you even as a Horns fan. I rarely get excited on Saturdays. I don't think that will change unless a playoff system comes into play.

So are you taking your 9 yo to an AFL game or LFL game? If it's the latter then I totally understand the begging.

14. Double Barrel

lol! He's turned into a Madden freak. He's completely ignored the Wii he got for Christmas and every chance he gets on weekends to play my 360, it is always Madden. I mention this because he's turned down the difficulty so he can win blowout games, scores like 90-3. I'm not sure what he finds fun about it, but that's the mind of a 9 yo.

So when he saw a box score of a recent Stallions game that was 89-27, he immediately wanted to check it out. Sounds like all offense all the time.

And yeah, from a fan standpoint, I'll probably be a little bored by the game. But since I'm there with him, and hey the cheerleaders aren't ugly, I'll enjoy it anyway. ;)

15. CloakNNNdagger

16. Double Barrel

We had a blast last night! :thumbup

The Stallions are still undefeated! It was a close game, though. While I would never argue that it's a product close to NFL caliber football, I can say that I had more fun at last night's game than I did the entire 2005 season of the Texans *cough*2-14*cough*. These players are not doing it for the money. They all have day jobs. But they play because they love football, even 8-on-8 indoor on a short field.

Lots of offense, high scores, cheerleaders, lots of giveaways, Krazy George!, a fat guy in a horse costume, great seats (your pick), fans got to go on the field after the game (big thrill for my kids) to meet players/cheerleaders, a dude juggling chainsaws on a unicycle at halftime, and and cheap concession prices. REAL cheap.

For instances, I bought:

3 hot dogs
    1 nachos
    2 bottled waters
    2 Powerade bottles
    2 M&M candies

for $20!! That would have been a $75+ bill at Reliant.

I'm taking my boy back with his buddy for a playoff game. For good fun at reasonable prices, you can't go wrong with it. And hey, any football is better than no football at all. :D

17. CloakNNNdagger

Glad you and your son had a good time. It was a friend of mine who originally gave me a heads up on the Stallions............his impressions and experience matched yours. I, too, will have to try and and make one of the games.