Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 12/1. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Discussion in 'Texans Talk Archive' started by ThaShark316, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Man, **** THE TITANS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

That mini-bye is over, fam! Time to get back to work. We've all been waiting patiently after those last two nail-biting finishes, so that break was needed! Time for Baddest Men Alive to take care of business. Y'all know the rules and the goal: 1-0 EVERY WEEK. Nothing has changed. Let's go into Nashville, get win #11, clinch a playoff berth and move on to next one. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

2. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Awesome start as always, Shark.

:barman:

3. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Yep, let's go Texans!!!

4. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

The gameday thread is a good thing to see, it tells me to go to f'n sleep already :P

11-1 tomorrow.

5. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I want a repeat of last season @Ten, which was just a royal ass beating of a lifetime. One of the funnest games I watched as a Texans fan.

6. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

You're doing good, Shark.

Here's to another win for the Texans.
    Let's clinch that biatch :fans:

7. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Got some starters out so Next Man Up is in effect tomorrow.

Trusting the team will come out refreshed and with what has been ailing the D put right.

8. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

We can clinch a playoff spot, so let's clinch a playoff spot.

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Despite our decimated D, they are 6.5 point favorites (from just 4.5 a few days ago).

If we don't want to see an upset, Wade will have to pay a little more attention to and find a way to disrupt the Titans passing game. I say this because the Titans' new coordinator Dowell Loggains is a former QB coach and has now been said to have specifically simplified the gameplan for Jake Locker in an effort to create more big downfield plays. We better figure out a ways get out pass rush going.......and not leave our CBs on an island without a safety over the top.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Yep. Let's do it. Today.

Go Texans!!!

:texan:

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Well, I'm worried, but, being the homer that I am, I think we will pull this one off. Sometimes our old foes just give us a bad time, and our D is bummed up! Close game!

35-31

12. MistaRed

MistaRed All Pro

Clinch a playoff spot and set a new team record for wins in a season....let's do it!

13. GregR

GregR Rookie

If the Texans need to turn to Foster more heavily in the passing game I'm of course fine with them doing so. But it doesn't really worry me that Foster isn't utilized this year like he has been in the past.

Texans just haven't needed to use Foster for so many dump offs and screens. The protection has been there and Schaub has been even more comfortable in the pocket, enough to go through his progressions so he's seldom reaching a point that it becomes time to dump it off. One thing that I've thought a few times this year is that Schaub seems to be showing better pocket awareness than in the past. No one will ever call him fleet of foot, but I think he is doing a better job sliding up or to the side and away from pressure. I used to clench when I'd see pressure coming, already in my mind picturing the sack-fumble to come. I've noticed I don't have that reaction as much now, as Schaub's play has given me more confidence he'll elude the pressure long enough to get rid of the ball.

Interested to see what the Titans passing game looks like now. I'm sure I wasn't the only Texans fan who was ecstatic to see when Chris Palmer was hired as their Offensive Coordinator, and not the only one sad to see him go. In addition to an inability to fix the small details his teams get wrong, I think his passing scheme is a poor one for young quarterbacks. Receiver's routes are dictated by what the defense does and there may be 3 or 4 different routes a lone receiver is supposed to run based on the coverage. Too much room for the QB and receiver to not be on the same page. All teams have some option routes, but Palmer's scheme takes it too far.

I think we'll see an improvement from the Titans passing game in that regard, so hopefully we'll be able to get pressure and not give them time take advantage of it. Britt, Wright and Washington are a solid group of receivers... and this new coordinator might actually use Jared Cook at tight end as much as he should be... the lack of opportunities for Cook was one of those head scratchers in the Palmer era. I still think their O-line play is a weakness though, so hopefully our D can exploit that and get pressure.

CloakNNNdagger and GuerillaBlack like this.
  14. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa True Texans Fan

Football and Calculus HW today, imma have fun

15. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

This game has that blue collar, work hard, slug through, and get the job done feel to it.

Then the real job begins next Monday night.

16. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Perhaps Locker will throw to our DBs instead - I hope its a good game without any injuries to advance to 11-1!

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Buck Fud and Possum Holler

Go Texans

18. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

-- Texans Week #13 Inactives --
    -- Sun Dec 2, 2012 --

ESPN reports today's Houston Texans inactive players include: OG Antoine Caldwell, LB Brooks Reid, CB Alan Ball, LB Bradie James, OT Derek Newton, CB Johnathan Joseph, and WR DeVier Posey.

19. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa True Texans Fan

Get your brooms out. Time to sweep the Titans!

20. GregR

GregR Rookie

So while sitting around waiting for the game to start, a good time to pop over to the Texans website and cast a few ballots for Pro Bowl. We need to get Duane Brown in as a starter, and last I heard Troy Polamalu was leading at strong safety despite only playing a couple of games this year, so we need to get Quinn in there.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan-zone/pro-bowl-ballot-2013.html