Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans = Cursed

This isn't just about Sage. Every single time we try to taste victory or something good goes our way, in the end, victory isn't ours.

here let me help you fix the title of this thread

Houston pro football= Cursed

this started way before the Texans.

Curses are a losers excuse. No, I don't mean you. I mean it's just an excuse for a team to blame it on something other than the truth. Truth is this team doesn't know jack about winning. A loser's attitude. A loser's stride. A loser's mentality.

I'll feel better about it tomorrow. But I will not call it a curse. A team comes to mind has that lame excuse but I have ragged on them enough. No curse, just a loser's mentality.

Here's another slap in the face -

9:25 NYG TD David Carr passed to Sinorice Moss to the right for 5 yard gain (John Carney made PAT)

We have been cursed since the oilers ..........

there has to be a remedy to the curse tho .......

We have been cursed since the oilers ..........

there has to be a remedy to the curse tho .......

image22.png

I don't want to hear anyone talking about some stupid CURSE. If you're going to resort to that kind of losing mentality than go root for another team.

Blaming a non existant curse is for pathetic Cubs fans who want to mone and whine every year and have something to blame. I just said that last week in here.

When this team gets the right leadership and a quality QB that is consistent. then we'll start winning games consistently. This is and always has been a QB driven league. You either have a good one or you don't. If you don't you had better have a top defense.

The last thing I want to hear any fans of this city starting up is a bunch of losership garbage about being cursed. That is what losers fall back on.
:fans:

I didn't want to write a football oriented blog post today because it would just lead to goofy talk. So I decided to just start off goofy:

Houston sports fans: Do you believe in jinxes? My blog is cursed.

Really, I do believe in jinxes. Worst argument I ever had with my husband was when he uttered the words "There's no way they can lose now" during a Rockets playoff game...where they ended up losing.

I knew that he didn't cause that. But he shouldn't have jacked with me that way because I can't stand to hear those words. Really, I am messed up about jinxes.

Oh, and as you can tell, I don't really have big arguments with the spouse if that is on the list of worst arguments.

here let me help you fix the title of this thread

Houston pro football= Cursed

this started way before the Texans.

Please allow me to point out a few....'coincidences'...based upon my conclusion that The Astrodome was built on Ancient Indian Burial Grounds (or some such other bad mojo makin' land).

Houston Oilers - AFL Champions 1960, 1961 - Jeppesen Stadium

They move to the Astrodome and never make it to the NFL Championship game. They get close, but BAD LUCK and MISFORTUNE always permeates their greatest teams. The Renfro catch and 35-3 immediately come to mind (and let's not dwell on the rest).

The franchise moves out of the Astrodome, and what happens? They go to the freakin' Super Bowl!! (Obviously Bud Adams' own personal curse prevented the win, but that's a different subject.) Same players and coaches that were drafted/hired as HOUSTON Oilers, but now they played at Adelphia Coliseum (now LP Field, where they are a franchise record 5-0).

And as supporting evidence, I submit to you the Houston Astros. How close they were to the World Series in 1980 & 1986, but always came up short. Where did they play? The Astrodome. They move out and what happens? They finally win a post-season series and go to the World Series the next year after winning two more post-season series.

Now here we are with our Texans, and our nice, beautiful, state-of-the-art stadium...built right next to the Astrodome.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything... :thinking:

Back