Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Great win for the Texans!!!! I'm completely drained. The east coast sux for watching football.

I'm so proud of our team. I kept waiting for the bad old Texans to show up, there at the end. I guess Phillips has exorcised those ghosts!!

GP

Go Texans!
we played a team that came in havingforced 28 turnovers and a team that scores ridiculously on defense....and the weather pretty much killed any shot at going down field with any regularity...the only way we lose this game is if we turn the ball over like crazy & kubes made sure that wasnt an option by keeping the ball in foster's safe hands...anyone bashing the offensive gameplan in the second half has no clue.
Hey, I'm the one who was mad for Gary taking so long to figure it out in the first half.

Took him long enough. I guess the rain softened his skull enough that it finally soaked into his brain that we could GASP! win with running and defense!!!

Once he figured it out, he stuck with it the rest of the game. The toss to Graham for the FG setup was about as gutsy as he got all 2nd half, which was perfect IMO.

But he almost really screwed us over with all the passes to middle and deeper routes in first half. He almost didn't adjust in time. Agree?

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
This is hilarious. Thanks for the heads-up.

I can't decide which is more amusing: the host's near-cardiac moments or the ironic commercial for Trojan bearskin condoms I just heard.
And here I thought Texans fan overreact to a loss! I never listen to 610 after the game, but the callers can't be worse than Chicago's (I hope). You'd think the Bears are 2-7 not 7-2 listening to them.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But he almost really screwed us over with all the passes to middle and deeper routes in first half. He almost didn't adjust in time. Agree?
Nah, I don't agree. In the first half of the game, you still don't know what's going to happen. The idea is to put points up on the board. It's not until the second half, after you see their offense against our defense that you can say, "yeah we got this, run it."

X-Factor

Practice Squad
Good win by you guys, congrats. Wish the weather was better, and Cutler was healthy, but no excuses. Houston was the better team tonight. Good, statement win by the Texans on the road. the path to the superbowl may very well go through Houston this season.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
exactly as advertised. cold, rainy, and a fight to see who had the best defense - we won.
Thanks Scooter. I was following the game from mobile but no picture just play by play on NFL.COM. Seems like a lots of turn over by both sides early but I guess we prevailed at the end. Did we looked tougher than Chicago?

dc_txtech

All Pro
Thanks Scooter. I was following the game from mobile but no picture just play by play on NFL.COM. Seems like a lots of turn over by both sides early but I guess we prevailed at the end. Did we looked tougher than Chicago?
Both teams looked really tough. We made more plays and once we got ahead we handed the game over to the defense, who did not disappoint.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
Both teams looked really tough. We made more plays and once we got ahead we handed the game over to the defense, who did not disappoint.
Thanks dc. I was hoping our D rattle Cutler but they actually took him out of the game. Hope, Cutler is OK but he has no business trying to go up in the middle and not expecting getting hurt. At least he can do is trying to slide.

417Texan

Waterboy
Cutler football Iq is not very high. I saw him being knocked out or with a concussion does not shock me. Guy was trying to show his toughness instead of playing smart. Solid team game by the defense.

Scooter

Funky
Really hurt not having Daniels out there, particularly on 3rd downs. He is a first down machine.
missing daniels was gigantic in my opinion - this very likely would've been a route if he were in. schaub tends to rely a little too heavily on andre when daniels is out, and tries to make much more difficult throws because we dont get a whole lot of separation.

417Texan

Waterboy
missing daniels was gigantic in my opinion - this very likely would've been a route if he were in. schaub tends to rely a little too heavily on andre when daniels is out, and tries to make much more difficult throws because we dont get a whole lot of separation.
Agree Daniels was missed big time. Guy is very underrated TE and we know he is good but media sleeps on him. I like it that way.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Hey, I'm the one who was mad for Gary taking so long to figure it out in the first half.

Took him long enough. I guess the rain softened his skull enough that it finally soaked into his brain that we could GASP! win with running and defense!!!

Once he figured it out, he stuck with it the rest of the game. The toss to Graham for the FG setup was about as gutsy as he got all 2nd half, which was perfect IMO.

Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.

GP

Go Texans!
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
I came to that same conclusion after I had time to decompress an hour later.

There just should have been more 3-step drop routes: Slants, curls, RB-in-the-flats type of plays. Everybody was having a hard time catching passes out there, the deeper the throw the harder to catch it. We could have slung it to AJ every other play, and he would have gained 5 yards each time.

I'm fine now. I just really felt like Kubiak almost waited too late to adjust.

dream_team

Hall of Fame

Exactly. The way I saw the Bears was playing D, I thought Kubiak was making the right calls. All of the LBs were being too aggressive against the run and leaving the middle of the field wide open. I was thinking, they can go play action on every play. Unfortunately, the players couldn't execute.

Señor Stan

El Guapo
Señor Stan: Knock Knock

Bears Fan at work: Who's there?

Señor Stan: Chicago

Bears fan at work: (hesitates...) Chicago who?

Señor Stan: Exactly. (walks away)