Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals. 11/10. 3:25. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

A blind, motarded monkey with no arms could protect the QB better than Newton....

an that is selling the monkey short...

This is Keenum's audition for the next head coach. Let the kid sling it around and see what happens. Offense needs to pick up blitzes better but do you really expect anything less?

This coming from a long time sunshiner?

There are players on this team and are truly trying to win, so no, I don't think for a second they are tanking. They just aren't as good as we thought, and the coaching is horrible.

They're just not a good football team right now. The O-Line stinks. The Pro Bowl QB fell apart and his rookie replacement can't read a defense or run the offense smoothly. The linebackers without Cush range from whatever to so bad. With Manning out, the safeties are terrible. There's nothing behind J-Jo and K-Jax at corner. The RBs are injured.

The bright spots are basically the D-line starters are the WR corp.

Oh and special mention (thanks Mr. Texan) is our kicker. Seriously, how does he have a job? SO BAD.

i doubt randy bullock is missing fg's on purpose and risking his career in the nfl just so the texans get a good draft pick

He certainly doesn't owe you or I anything

Yep the fans dont deserve any better than they've gotten. This we can agree on. The only way to affect change is thru BoB's wallet and with all of the Aggies buying tickets, drinkin and BBQ'ing you know that's not going to happen.

BoB gave us Rick/Gary and we should just accept things for the way they are, after all we are just lowly fans. Remember BoB was friends with Bud and looked at him as a type of mentor.

BoB said this in an interview when speaking about Bud after the funeral on Channel 13.

I do think that this team is talented, just have a coaching staff that is making them look bad. Clean house, get some talented coaching, and get a few good draft picks and we'll be ok.

i doubt randy bullock is missing fg's on purpose and risking his career in the nfl just so the texans get a good draft pick

Bullock needs to give the ball up, get in the stands and drink beer/eat popcorn with the rest of us and let Matt Shaub try those field goals!! Couldn't be any worse...

Bullock needs to give the ball up, get in the stands and drink beer/eat popcorn with the rest of us and let Matt Shaub try those field goals!! Couldn't be any worse...

i bet he was sweating fish grease at the thought of kicking the game tying field goal again.

Case didn't win the game for us. So, anybody want Schaub back? Not me. Case, for me, have proven beyond a doubt that he's better than Schaub. Maybe Case will end up being our starter for years to come, maybe he won't. But out of the three QBs on the team, Case is presently our best chance at winning.

I dont't want Schaub to start - I'll get that out of the way first. But at this point in time I feel that we don't yet know if Case is a better NFL QB.

I'm mindful of getting too worked up on Case for a few reasons. Firstly, in he simplest possible terms, Case is fun to watch, Schaub is not. Case is always runnin for his life, holding the ball for as long as possible and trying to extend plays. He is the absolute anti-Schaub in this respect. I'm not saying that either way of playing is better, we all know that the 'sensible' QB methodolgy can work, and we've also seen Eli, who for me has some strong similarities (especially when plays are brwkig down) to Case, get his rings.

Secondly, it is still early. We've seen a guy come in and off the bat, make a ton of plays, get his main playmaker involved in a way we've not seen before. We have also seen him fail to march the team downfield in game ending drives (for whatever reason) repeatedly and has a small fumbling issue.

I don't know if Case is necessarily our best chance of winning, but at this point in time, but I sure hell know which QB is going to keep me watching games in a season which has imploded.

By the end of the season we will have good read on what Case can do for us going forward and plan accordingly.

I think a lot of the "Schaub Hatred", aside from his poor play earlier this year, stems from everyone seeing all these young, exciting, "running", "athletic" QBs doing all sorts of miraculous things and we simply got jealous. We wanted **our** guy to do that too. Our guy was slow, boring, unspectacular.

Just something I thought of while reading about Keenum's entertaining play.

I think a lot of the "Schaub Hatred", aside from his poor play earlier this year, stems from everyone seeing all these young, exciting, "running", "athletic" QBs doing all sorts of miraculous things and we simply got jealous. We wanted **our** guy to do that too. Our guy was slow, boring, unspectacular.

I'm definitely not a Schaub hater & while I do enjoy watching play-making QBs, I was content knowing Schaub's game was "effectively" the same.

Until I saw Andrew Luck force our guys off-sides with his cadence... at Reliant. Then I was like, "I know Schaub's got his limitations, but that's something he should totally be able to do every now & then."

That's when I got envious.

Keenum may be more entertaining to watch, but it's his TD passes that are putting Schaub in the past. 5 of AJ's 59 career TDs have come in the last 2 games... :whip:

So, we have Keenum, AJ, Hopkins, Watt, and an injured Cushing, with Tate playing with 4 broken ribs. That's about it. Everybody else either needs replacing or at least at this point needs to get their head back on straight. One thing Keenum has not accomplished as the QB of this team yet is leadership, to be honest. A lot of this team is still playing like they are fed up with Schaub, when Schaub is not even out on the field.

Who does BoB owe in your opinion?

Certianly not the fans who made him over a billion dollars over the last decade.

Im not sure Bob owes anyone but if he did it would possibly those who work for him. And no despite what you purchased from the Texans you dont deserve anything more than you get now

One improvement in play calling was that we didn't run on 2nd and 10. The long throw attempts on the last drive seemed unneeded and unwise.

Back