Houston Texans 2017 3rd round pick, D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by kiwitexansfan, Apr 29, 2017.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Peterson is best used on a power running team. I get the feeling OB will finally stop pounding Miller up the middle and use him more aligned with his skillset.

The Saints running game took off last season when they stopped sprinkling in Peterson abd tipping their hand prior to the play with his presence. Cardinals needed a work horse like Peterson because they had nothing else but it wasn’t enough because they “had nothing else”.

He’d look really good on the Cowboys as Zeke insurance.

2. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

If AP (and I loved him in his prime) had something to offer, why didn't AZ keep him? Was it his salary or the fact that he - at his age - ended the season on IR with a neck injury??
    Some of both??

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The tendency is to forget about Peterson's knee injuries/surgeries. In 2011, he suffered that famous quickly-rehabbed right ACL injury. What is very important to understand is that during that same injury, he sustained a right lateral meniscus tear...........a 90% meniscus tear, which was repaired. He evidently bounced back very well from those injuries. However, the 90% meniscus tear by several studies would be expected to break down significantly by 5 years post repair. Then in 2016, he missed all but 3 games after sustaining a severe medial meniscus and lateral collateral ligament tear the same collateral ligament he tore the end of 2007) of his left knee suffered at the beginning of the season. The meniscus was treated this time with excision. He was designated to return and did so mid Dec...........for 1 game..........during which he suffered a re-injury to his knee and a groin tear (having already undergone sport hernia surgery on both sides, one in 2012, and the other in 2013), putting him out the rest of the season. He came back in 2017 to gain less than 3.5 yd/carry. His pile driver neck injury only put a dagger into a lackluster year. And this is not even to mention the multiple low and high ankle sprains and hamstring tears he has accumulated along the way.

Just some things to think about as to why teams are not breaking down his door to sign.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Sounds like his body is falling a part on him. I wonder if at some point of another if he was hitting the needle? This falling apart thing happens to the guys who juice. Might have been in college and just finally caught up with him. Lord knows he put plenty of wear and tear on his body.

5. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

I don't think that's the reason why teams are staying away from him. It's more about his demands. He will won't starter minutes. And you can best believe these teams want to go with their younger players. You bring in AP, and he's taking minutes from those type of guys.

Someone will sign him once these youngsters start dropping due to injuries.

6. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Even in a terrible situation, those are just poor NFL numbers. If we did not know the name, Adrain Peterson, this would not even discussion worthy. Another the name is better than the current football player.

steelbtexan, Grams, JB and 1 other person like this.
  7. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Even with an injured Foreman, AP is a hard pass for me. Mediocre blocker, suspect hands, great runner, child abuser, and the end of his career. I'd rather try my luck with an UDFA looking for lightning in a bottle.

Wolf6151, Grams and JB like this.
  8. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

He does not look 230.

9. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Steroids? Why would you even think that? Dudes been one of the most physical players in history playing the most physical position for a decade. The last I checked, the life span of a pro RB was 2.5 years. That’s why his body is falling apart. Not steroids.

10. zshawn10

zshawn10 Hall of Fame

Ethan Turner‏@ETurnerFF_PT
    A lot of conversation on D'onta Foreman this weekend prompted a little "most-recent" evidence search this morning. Came across a few studies I hadn't seen previously. Gonna share some knowledge on Achilles Injuries, thread incoming.

https://twitter.com/ETurnerFF_PT/status/1006258526702964736

The thread and the replies to it will help understanding the injury and comeback rates for this kind of injury

11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I bet it's a link to CND's post lol

12. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Texas Jake and dream_team like this.
  13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  14. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Who got dropped

15. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Perhaps it is a sign that his injury was not severe.
    CloakNNN said his type of injury was a high risk one in that the chances of returning to what the person was before were not favourable.
    Fingers crossed the Texans were erring on the side of caution and he is good to go.

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

There is no such thing as an Achilles rupture that is not severe.
    Keep in mind that he is just activated to practice. It is still to be seen if he will be placed on the active roster to play in a game.
    .................3 weeks and counting.

OptimisticTexan and Texansphan like this.
  17. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

I remember your prognosis at the time and I thought to myself "dangit" (or something along those lines...;))

18. macho grande

macho grande Veteran

Good for him that he's made it back this far.
    Hopefully with improvements in modern medicine he can buck the trend and have the career that he grew up dreaming about. Sucks that it was taken away so soon into his career.
    Fingers crossed for the young man.

Carr Bombed and EVOLVIST like this.