Houston Texans 2017 3rd round pick, D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by kiwitexansfan, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

[​IMG]

Scooter, TejasTom and ObsiWan like this.
  2. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

And then they should sign Dez Bryant and convert him to to a Left Tackle, or Line Backer. Am I right? :texflag:

3. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Hate to say it but on the bright side this is a very deep RB class. I hope one of tHe top guys fall to us. And there are so many good third down backs as well. Hope we at least pick one Or two of those up as UDFAs.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Don't be ridiculous. We're already converting Watt to left tackle.

disaacks3, TejasTom and infantrycak like this.
  5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

What Do You Expect From D’Onta Foreman In 2018?
    He’s coming off a torn Achilles, so expectations less than a year later should be tempered.
    D’Onta Foreman, in the midst of an encouraging rookie campaign, tore his Achilles on November 19, 2017 during the Texans’ victory over the Arizona Cardinals. That’s a devastating injury for anyone, especially a professional athlete. You’ve no doubt heard and read countless stories about how tough the road back is from a torn Achilles, complete with speculation that Foreman, like many other athletes who came before him, won’t be the same player he was before the injury.

The Texans, however, at least publicly, are optimistic. Aaron Wilson reports that the team is actually hopeful that Foreman “...will make a full recovery before the start of the regular season.”

Far be it for me to doubt Foreman’s work ethic or desire to get back on the field, but that seems nuts to me. It’s been less than six months since Foreman tore his Achilles. The regular season is about three months away. Is it reasonable to think Foreman can make a “full recovery” in less than nine months? Is it even reasonable to expect him to contribute to the Texans in 2018?

Given the timing of his injury—November of 2017—I don’t expect D’Onta Foreman to be a factor in Houston’s offense until the 2019 season at the earliest. Am I being overly pessimistic?
    https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/6/8/17442092/what-do-you-expect-from-donta-foreman-in-2018

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  6. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Get ready for a lot of Lamar Miller and Alfred Blue up the middle

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Tyler Ervin around the end for a 99 yard TD run... :tiphat:

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  8. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Hopefully the Texans have a big lead before that play call

macho grande and DocBar like this.
  9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

any truth to rumor I'm starting that Miller damaged Foreman's achilles? sarcasm. I hope Miller is used differently than he has been but see nothing to support my hope.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  10. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

The kid from Toledo is the sleeper. Gonna earn him some playing time.

As far as for expecting Foreman to be ready by day 1, I highly doubt it.

11. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Appreciate the story. I was wondering when we would get some Foreman updates. Personally, I'd go ahead and sign Adrian Peterson to a 1 year deal for a few reasons:

1. At this point I think his expectations "money wise" have come way down if he's serious about playing this season. The Texans could offer him an incentive based contract and probably get his name on the dotted line and into a Texans uniform.

2. He has expressed a true desire to play for the Texans...which to me, means the team will get his absolute best of what he has left in the tank.

3. His mentorship to the RB's should be invaluable.

4. Foreman likes the idea of having Peterson on the sideline and also feels like he would have a lot to offer the RB's.

5. With Peterson, the Texans could smartly IR Foreman for 2018 and give him the proper time to rehab his injury without rushing him back on the field.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Texansballer74 likes this.
  12. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

Why do people still want old, washed-up players on the Texans? Haven't we done enough of that in the past?

BigBull, PapaL, JB and 2 others like this.
  13. OptimisticTexan

First, you get him to camp and then you discern if he is washed up or can bring something to the table. If he didn't keep himself in such great physical condition, it would be easy to laugh off his desire to play. Guy is only 33 years old....not like a 43 year old player wanting another shot.

14. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

Green was 30.

Scooter likes this.
  15. OptimisticTexan

Green wasn't Peterson...just saying.

macho grande likes this.
  16. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Peterson was 3rd string by game 1 and cut after game 4.

17. OptimisticTexan

Peterson had:

2015 MINN (Last Full Season): 1,485 YDS / 11 TD / 4.5 YPC / 36 TGT / 30 REC / 222 YDS / 7.9 AVG. Played in 16 games

2016 MINN: (Primarily IR) Viking did not exercise Peterson's option and he became a FA. Played in 2 games.

2017 NO: With the emergence of Ingram and Kamara, there just wasn't any carries for Peterson. Peterson knew this as well. He was traded to Arizona for a RD6 pick. Played in 4 games.

2017 AZ: Had a couple of big games for the Cardinals which showed he still had something in the tank. Cards didn't have a QB to off-set the running game. He still finished 2017 with: 529 YDS / 2 TD / 3.4 YPC / 19 TGT / 11 REC / 70 YDS / 6.4 AVG. Peterson was released March 2018. Played in 6 games.

After his last productive season...Peterson has only played 12 games over the past 2 seasons. That's mileage reduction. Last season he was coming off the injury in 2016. Like I stated, get Peterson here on a 1 year deal with nice incentives and I think he will be playing the season with something to prove. Texans could probably land him for 1-1.5M guaranteed plus incentives.

18. Scooter

Scooter Funky

He was a monster of a talent and probably still has tread on the tires. Does he fit what we're trying to do? Can he block for our priority piece at QB? Can he split wide? I don't want to disparage AP at all, I think he can still be a very dangerous runningback ... for someone else. Exactly the same as Dez (minus some of the personality), he doesn't have a role on this team and isn't the 25 year old phenom that you create a role for. Old and entitled aren't favorable qualities.

If he wants to come here for dirt cheap, absolutely - let's see if magic happens. If he's asking for a real salary ... no can do.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  19. AngryNateFTW

AngryNateFTW All Pro

I would sign Peterson if any of the current backs go down. I didn't realize that Lavon Coleman from Washington is 230. He could fill in as that big back until Foreman is ready to go.

20. OptimisticTexan

I don't think Foreman should be rushed back this season. As someone mentioned, it's only been 6 months since he sustained his injury. This guy has a chance to be a special RB and getting him back to soon is no good. If it took him a year to fully recover, that would put him coming back in Nov-Dec. Then he has to get in football shape, which doesn't make him that valuable that late in the season. Sign a veteran and let Foreman really get healthy and stronger so he has the best opportunity to bounce back for 2019.

mussop and Texansballer74 like this.