HOU@IND: A fair contest or WWF?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big Lou, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Look the Texans didn't play well enough to win given the situation, but was it a fair contest? I'm not saying the NFL is rigged, but if you deny that we got called for everything and then some, while the Colts barely got called, and got help.

The Texans played well enough at the begining of the season, and could have overcome help from the NFL, but not now.

This was as much BS as last year in Indy.

The NFL had two story lines in this game:

1. "Chuckstrong", enough said. The NFL wanted their touchy feely story.
    2. Houston has never beat Indy in Indy. This was the story line last year and they love it for some reason.

The Texans are playing weak, but this was a disgrace, Goodell should be f'ing ashamed. One more showing like this by the NFL, and I will give up on Pro Football.

Before you blast me about the Texans should have played well enough to win period, I agree, but it should be a fair contest. Never was and if you cant admit that then you are just too angry at "insert person/coach/etc. here" to see the truth.

Gumble just went to commercial with the story line of the day, "Colts give Pagano heart warming, blah, blah, blah, they played hard for him, blah, blah, they overcame the odds, blah, blah, blah. B*ll****.

Bottom line Indy played well, made some big plays, but the momentum was stolen from the Texans.

Disgraceful for all involved.

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

We played like ****, The refs called the game like ****, kubiak called plays like ****, Schaub played like ****, now my day and week has gone to ****.

So yeah

mariowillshine15 likes this.
  3. panamamyers

panamamyers Veteran

The blown call on the fumble was huge. The interference that turned a fg into a td was huge. Wayne was never even touched by Harris.
    We still killed ourselves with a qb that folds up like an accordion in pressure moments.

4. DX-TEX

DX-TEX #BattleFightin

quit making excuses

5. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

The calls were awful but we were also awful so can't blame it all on the refs.

EllisUnit likes this.
  6. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I'm at a loss for words..... I'll see you guys next week. Too damn depressing.

7. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    It definitely changed the outcome of the game. I'm sure we'll see exactly NO statement on this by the NFL because there is nothing to say about it. Luck threw that football about as much as I am a professional quarterback.

8. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

The only thing lamer than the Texans performance over the last 7 games is any kind of talk about fixed games or refs costing the Texans in any of those games.

If you tuly believe that games are fixed, why would ou keep watching?

9. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Blaming refs is for losers.

10. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

Yeah the Texans had to beat the refs and the colts today. That fumble call was just the worst call since the replacement refs called that interception a td. I saw at least 4 encroachments that weren't called. They also made some bad calls in our favor but not enough to even it out.

No excuses though they had their opportunity's.

11. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

Alot of people still watch wrestling and the Nba.

12. bo orlando

bo orlando Veteran

Refs generally always favor the home team. Being humans themselves, they get caught up in the crowd and all that stuff just like the rest of us. If the refs were trying to fix the game beyond this then they missed a lot of opportunities to do so.

13. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

good post

14. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Everyone over the age of 12 knows wrestling is fake. They watch it for entertainment. Anyone who truly feels the NBA is rigged and still watches is stupid.

15. Iceman16

Iceman16 Veteran

...lol. Get off the internet, you're an idiot.

16. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

Did you watch the Kings vs Lakers seriers? How about the heat vs mavericks when the heat had wade and shaq. Go watch those 2 series then tell me how you really feel.

Why would it make them stupid? Some people enjoy watching the talent of Nba players even if Stern is more about ratings and profit.

17. BullBlitz

BullBlitz Section 331

The Texans haven't had any momentum since prior to the Patriots game. Kind of tough for today's refs to have stolen it.

Please quit whining. Fans' expectations for this team were too high and unwarranted.

18. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

This. As much as it pains me to say, the refs screwed Houston this game. That false start on Houston on the first drive destroyed the drive. It was clearly encroachment. Then there was no way in hell you overturn the fumble call. That was pathetic.

19. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

for the record I never said the nfl was rigged or this game.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Texans were awful on offense, special teams and defense. The excuses are lame and make us look stupid as a fan base.

Wolf likes this.