Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HOU combine Interviews

yeah, but he would be a liability in Wade's man scheme. There will be better players available at 27. We can get a stack linebacker later in the draft.

I do agree to an extent. My main issue is he'd be a 2 down player as Cush stays on the field on 3rd downs and that's why I don't want any ILB at 27. I agree we can get a solid ILB later in the middle rounds

I do agree to an extent. My main issue is he'd be a 2 down player as Cush stays on the field on 3rd downs and that's why I don't want any ILB at 27. I agree we can get a solid ILB later in the middle rounds

I think a guy like Greene out of Rutgers fits what we do pretty well. He is basically the only inside linebacker that I have watched enough of to believe he could help us as a three down player.

I think a guy like Greene out of Rutgers fits what we do pretty well. He is basically the only inside linebacker that I have watched enough of to believe he could help us as a three down player.

I like Greene as well. He's a solid LB. I also like Alonzo in the middle rds.

We don't have to draft a 2 down ILB. If we were to draft one with good coverage skills he wouldn't be coming out on passing downs.

They are trading for Alex Smith if today's news holds up.
If KC gives a first would my scenario still be a possibility? I am just not sure Smith is worth the #1 pick, probably just their second and something else.

If KC gives a first would my scenario still be a possibility? I am just not sure Smith is worth the #1 pick, probably just their second and something else.
There's no way the Chiefs give up the 1st pick in the draft for Alex Smith. I doubt that they really want to give up #34. Smith has some value (his contract is short and not ridiculous). But he's not carrying a team to the Super Bowl. Smith wouldbe a caretaker until Reid can take his future QB in 2014.

Historically, I don't think we've interviewed our top round selections at the Combine. I know Watt and Cush never heard from the Texans. Eh, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting much to come from these interviews

I know they interviewed Watt. I remember Kubiak talking about it. Not certain about Cushing.

More Houston interviewees per Walter Football.

Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State (EW)
Will Davis#, DB, Utah State (SR)
Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas (COM)
Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (EW)
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (COM) (INT)
Eric Kush, OL, California PA (EW)
Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut (EW)
Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame (COM)
Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida (EW)

Link.

Edit: I just saw that these were from separate events, as indicated in the key below:

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
* - indicates more than one meeting.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2013 Senior Bowl or the 2013 East-West Shrine Game

I do agree to an extent. My main issue is (Te'o would) be a 2 down player as Cush stays on the field on 3rd downs and that's why I don't want any ILB at 27. I agree we can get a solid ILB later in the middle rounds
An off the radar player caught my attention today - he was unable to attend the combine except for interviews - because he's just recovering from shoulder surgery. He'll be available for his pro day workout next month.

He's only one of two LB's who rank in the top 10 in both coverage (5th) and tackling (9th). Mauti is the other player (2nd and 5th). This player is listed as an OLB but also projects inside for the 34.

6'-2" ; 243 ; 40 projected to be around 4.7.

"...despite missing the team’s final four games due to shoulder surgery, he earned first-team All-Big 12 honors. On the season, he totaled 79 tackles (six for loss), five pass breakups, two interceptions, and two forced fumbles...)

Name : Jake Knott....Iowa State

An off the radar player caught my attention today - he was unable to attend the combine except for interviews - because he's just recovering from shoulder surgery. He'll be available for his pro day workout next month.

He's only one of two LB's who rank in the top 10 in both coverage (5th) and tackling (9th). Mauti is the other player (2nd and 5th). This player is listed as an OLB but also projects inside for the 34.

6'-2" ; 243 ; 40 projected to be around 4.7.

"...despite missing the team’s final four games due to shoulder surgery, he earned first-team All-Big 12 honors. On the season, he totaled 79 tackles (six for loss), five pass breakups, two interceptions, and two forced fumbles...)

Name : Jake Knott....Iowa State

Interesting....I wonder what he did to his shoulder

There's no way the Chiefs give up the 1st pick in the draft for Alex Smith. I doubt that they really want to give up #34. Smith has some value (his contract is short and not ridiculous). But he's not carrying a team to the Super Bowl. Smith wouldbe a caretaker until Reid can take his future QB in 2014.

Not saying Smith is great but,

He was a couple of fumbles away from leading the 49ers to the SB two yrs ago and was having his best season ever before losing his job due to concussion. He's definitely not chopped liver and due to constant changing of OC's under Singletary he gets a bad rap.

I would rather have him than Schaub at this point. He's played in and won big games.

Back