Honestly: Do you want the Texans to lose the rest of their games?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by valleytexfan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

...To get a high draft pick, ala 2005? How many peeps have thrown in the towel on the season already? I don't think I want to go through a 2005-like year again...I think the Texans can still get some Ws...thoughts?

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

The season is toast. Our o-line has been desimated by injuries. I don't see no angles in the out feild coming to the resque. The sky has fallen. IR Mario. Get his foot healed for next year.
    Get the kids on the feild for PT. See what we can do for '08. I see the light of Joe Thomas at the end of the tunnel. Paying the price for four years of very poor personel mistakes.

3. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Good God. Not this happy about losing crap again. This is the most ridiculous tripe ever. you play to WIN the game. I don't care if you are 1-14, i want that 2nd W. I have absolutely nothing to say to the swell folks who want to lose for draft position. Lets hear the next kris brown conspiracy theory

4. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Play to win. Win them all. I bought the Sundy Ticket so I could see games out here in Va. I didn't pay to watch them lose. haha

swtbound07 likes this.
  5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

How many #1 picks can we afford to pay with a salary cap? I wanna see this team win and stop embarrassing itself.

6. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

With all the injuries piling up, i don't see much hope for winning many of the games left..I wish i could make that Titans game, win or lose, that is going to be one awesome game...

7. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! You play to win the games period! If you are rooting for the team to loose ala John Lopez this morning in the Chronic then you should be run out of town. This kind of garbage should not be tolerated.

8. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

One of the dumbest ones yet!! Good Lord what has this site become ?!!

9. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

No. If after 15 games we are 3-12 and have a shot at the 1st overall selection by losing our 16th, then I might consider it. Until then, LETS GET SOME WINS.

10. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Haven't read the thread, so pardon me if this is a repeat of someone elses post.

NO!

I'm sick to death of losing! I can't bear to watch another debacle that is called Texan Football. It's time these guys started producing. Dropped balls, fumbled carries, dump off passes, missed field goals, missed assignments, and I'm sure the water boy has even dropped a few cups as well. Lets get some discipline going out there.

Perhaps there is improvement, but it sure isn't evident when it counts. Improvement only counts when the results can be produced consistently when under adversity.

11. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

if you keep tanking it every year, i don't see free agents knocking on your door to play for you. so you'll end up in a salary cap hell from all those top picks with no hope for competing anytime soon. it's not always a bad thing to draft in the 10-20 range.

12. DeclanJr

DeclanJr Rookie

Realistically we probably won't get the top pick. I think Oakland has that locked up. We could very well be in the top 5 whether we want to or not. I don't think anyone wants the Texans to tank on purpose. IMO they just can't help it with the talent and injuries we've had.

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Yeah, I want them to lose the rest of the games. That way we can get Reggie Bush.

14. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Are you serious, Reggie Bush will be available !! That would be great ! :stirpot:

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

We could trade Lundy for him right about now and throw all our dump-offs to him. Small steps, lol.

16. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

HELL TO THE NO!!! If they are going to be in the mix of teams picking first I just hope it's not first. I think they've got a win or 2 left.

17. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I say we keep fighting as hard as we can i dont care if chad stanley has to start at LT we play to win till its over.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

There is still a possibility that we can win against Oakland (2-9) this weekend and against Cleveland (3-8) the last game of the season. Even with a 5-11 record the Texans will still get a high draft pick. It seems to me that the very highest draft picks are almost never worth the money, and that the expectations of these players are ridiculously high. It is better to win a few games and get a lower draft pick - every year. This is the culture of a winning team. If we ever want to be a winner, we need to think like a winner.

19. bad

bad Veteran

I want the Cowboys to lose the rest of their games.

20. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

Surely to goodness Lopez was being sarcastic. I read the article, and I didn't get the sense he was being sarcastic, but hopefully he was..But to answer the question, no, I want them to win them all. However, it's gonna be tough with all the injuries that keep piling up. I sure was hoping for a win against the Colts this year also.