Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Holt Vs Dunta robinson

rams-rule said:
Who will get the best of who.:drool:

Robinson generally doesn't match up with the opposing teams number "one" reciever.

Let's assume they do, for arguments sake. Robinson has the potential to shut him down, but is playing with more emotion than is necissary. Our limited pass rush also forces our CB's to match up much longer than they would on a typical team. Our lack of pass-rush allows opposing QB's to asess the entire field and gives the recievers time to finish routes properly, and run more complicated routes.

In this case, Holt should win 70% of the time when matched up against Robinson.

YoungTexanFan said:
Robinson generally doesn't match up with the opposing teams number "one" reciever.

Let's assume they do, for arguments sake. Robinson has the potential to shut him down, but is playing with more emotion than is necissary. Our limited pass rush also forces our CB's to match up much longer than they would on a typical team. Our lack of pass-rush allows opposing QB's to asess the entire field and gives the recievers time to finish routes properly, and run more complicated routes.

In this case, Holt should win 70% of the time when matched up against Robinson.

When we played the Colts in Indy Drob was exclusivley on Harrison and kept him to short 10 yard gains until there was a miscommunication with CC Brown and Harrison caught a 40 yd TD pass. I think Drob could keep Holt in check, but it will depend on how much help he gets and if we can acctually get a decent pass rush. Should be fun to watch

While DRob is a ferocious competitor, there is hardly any CB in the league that can really take on a prime-time WR. And while DRob can tackle with the best of them, his coverage skills is not good enough to keep a Torry Holt down. But than again, I think there might only be 2 or 3 in the whole NFL who could.

I feel that DRob will do good against Holt. It's the other CB's that I worry he will burn badly!

bobby 119C:brickwall

Back