Holt Vs Dunta robinson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by rams-rule, Nov 23, 2005.

1. rams-rule

rams-rule Rookie

Who will get the best of who.:drool:

2. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Robinson generally doesn't match up with the opposing teams number "one" reciever.

Let's assume they do, for arguments sake. Robinson has the potential to shut him down, but is playing with more emotion than is necissary. Our limited pass rush also forces our CB's to match up much longer than they would on a typical team. Our lack of pass-rush allows opposing QB's to asess the entire field and gives the recievers time to finish routes properly, and run more complicated routes.

In this case, Holt should win 70% of the time when matched up against Robinson.

3. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

When we played the Colts in Indy Drob was exclusivley on Harrison and kept him to short 10 yard gains until there was a miscommunication with CC Brown and Harrison caught a 40 yd TD pass. I think Drob could keep Holt in check, but it will depend on how much help he gets and if we can acctually get a decent pass rush. Should be fun to watch

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

texans' CB's cover sides of the field, not recievers

5. CajunTexan

CajunTexan Veteran

this entire point is a non-issue. The Rams's should run Steve Jackson until he drops. Holt can sit this one out.

6. phan1

phan1 All Pro

While DRob is a ferocious competitor, there is hardly any CB in the league that can really take on a prime-time WR. And while DRob can tackle with the best of them, his coverage skills is not good enough to keep a Torry Holt down. But than again, I think there might only be 2 or 3 in the whole NFL who could.

7. touttail

touttail All Pro

I feel that DRob will do good against Holt. It's the other CB's that I worry he will burn badly!

bobby 119C:brickwall